Author Topic: Machinae signed with spinefarm records  (Read 60618 times)

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
Re: Machinae signed with spinefarm records
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2006, 07:40:32 pm »
Try listening to Follower, to Nemesis and Blind Dog Pride. See if you can, without feeling like a hypocrite.

Findil, I don't feel like a hypocrite. I can stand behind this choice 100% for the reasons I've already explained.
And even though I'm sure I can't discourage your disappointment right now, I will prove to you in the long run that I mean what I'm saying. So if you can bare it, stick with us through this, and give me the chance to prove we're nobody's bitch in this. This was a business decision...

And as for our freedom, Spinefarm won't make us do anything we don't want to do. You watch.

I'll watch the outcome of this with great interest. I just hope that you haven't sold your morals for some quick currency.

sigh findiil really man grow up they havent sold their soul to satan!

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2006, 07:42:08 pm »
Actually, RIAA doesn't get our money, Spinefarm does. And like I said... I don't really care about the money. I never did, or I wouldn't have been doing this for 6 years without a single penny for it.
Spinefarm is also represented by the RIAA when it comes to a legal case... and I don't expect the RIAA to do that for free. Or do I get things wrong?

As for fallout, I don't think fanboyism is wrong, but fanboyism without using your brain definitely is.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2006, 07:42:51 pm »
Findil, I actually, despite what you may think, am greatful that you (and probably more like you) react this strongly, because I am like you in many ways... Principle is important, and I tend to look up to people who stick to theirs, and if I fear they are betraying them, I get a little hostile-minded...

But I will show you what we stand for, given time. And I might even get you to think better of Spinefarm in general, along the way. :)

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2006, 07:44:24 pm »
Actually, RIAA doesn't get our money, Spinefarm does. And like I said... I don't really care about the money. I never did, or I wouldn't have been doing this for 6 years without a single penny for it.
As for fallout, I don't think fanboyism is wrong, but fanboyism without using your brain definitely is.

Wtf is that supposed to mean? :/

Smeagol

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2006, 07:44:37 pm »
Just to a RIAA affilated label. I consider the two to be interchangable. @ mumppis

Findil, I actually, despite what you may think, am greatful that you (and probably more like you) react this strongly, because I am like you in many ways... Principle is important, and I tend to look up to people who stick to theirs, and if I fear they are betraying them, I get a little hostile-minded...

But I will show you what we stand for, given time. And I might even get you to think better of Spinefarm in general, along the way. :)

I look forward to the day ;)

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2006, 07:45:43 pm »

I refer to

"Just drop it man, this is a good thing. "

Just because robert said so ;)
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2006, 07:48:59 pm »

I refer to

I didnt say its a good thing because rob said its a good thing. I said it because I beleive it will be a good thing for the band, because they'll be able to reach bigger crowds.

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2006, 07:51:50 pm »

I refer to

I didnt say its a good thing because rob said its a good thing. I said it because I beleive it will be a good thing for the band, because they'll be able to reach bigger crowds.
No matter how you got your opinion, you asked Fiindil to drop his opinion, which means to be one in a million... just a drone...etc.  :)
=> a fanboy without a mind of his own

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2006, 07:56:23 pm »

I refer to

No matter how you got your opinion, you asked Fiindil to drop his opinion, which means to be one in a million... just a drone...etc.  :)
=> a fanboy without a mind of his own

I didnt ask him to drop his opinion, i asked him to stop arguing.

Offline Gordon

• Band Member
  • Tack som FAAAN! =)
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2006, 07:59:21 pm »
Try listening to Follower, to Nemesis and Blind Dog Pride. See if you can, without feeling like a hypocrite.

Findil, I don't feel like a hypocrite. I can stand behind this choice 100% for the reasons I've already explained.
And even though I'm sure I can't discourage your disappointment right now, I will prove to you in the long run that I mean what I'm saying. So if you can bare it, stick with us through this, and give me the chance to prove we're nobody's bitch in this. This was a business decision...

And as for our freedom, Spinefarm won't make us do anything we don't want to do. You watch.

I'll watch the outcome of this with great interest. I just hope that you haven't sold your morals for some quick currency.

And as for the quick currency.... We will now make a lot less money per album sold then selling them ourselves. So at this point.. it isn't for the money. We do this for (hopefully) expanded possibilities.

We want to find our album in record stores all over the world. *looking at plan for taking over the universe*
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 08:01:09 pm by Gordon »

"Det är Arvids tur att sitta i lådan."

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2006, 07:59:47 pm »
I didnt ask him to drop his opinion, i asked him to stop arguing.
and what's the difference?

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2006, 08:06:51 pm »
Congratu-fricken-lations!

I read through this thread and I gotta say, I am extremely happy. Machinae appears to have creative control, which is all that matters. ALL this means to me is I may get to go to the store to buy my Machinae CD's. This also means I may just be lucky enough to see Machinae live here in the states someday.

This means when I'm driving down the highway blaring Machinae, someone may look out the window with a smile, because they KNOW what im listening to.

If anyone expected Machinae to expand their horizons beyond what they already have without some help, you're out of your mind. The fact Machinae made it as far as they did without a label is miraculous in my opinion. Most bands cannot produce such high quality CD's or gain any kind of substantial internet popularity without SOME kind of help. I cannot begin to fathem how anyone can say Machinaes message is changing, all I see changing is how fucking loud they're going to be screaming it.

This is a fantastic first step to world domination. :)

Edit: Moved the questions to a seperate post, seemed all messy and unbelonging here =P
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 08:15:24 pm by Drakonis »

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2006, 08:08:02 pm »
Let's all be civil. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and no one's arguing anymore, so no worries...

I just want to say to everyone who thinks this is a bad decision that we believe this is the right step for us, and we have every reason to believe that Spinefarm is not the kind of oppressive major label that some bands come across. Labels are adapting to the way things work now and I believe Spinefarm is open-minded about how we've done things in the past, and how we want to do things in the future.

Stay with us, and interact, view, report, tell, and give us a chance to prove to you that what this means for us is simply a chance to focus more on making our music, and worrying less on what's going to happen with it when we're done.

And remember... Sharing is caring. ;)

---

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2006, 08:09:44 pm »

I read through this thread and I gotta say, I am extremely happy. Machinae appears to have creative control, which is all that matters. ALL this means to me is I may get to go to the store to buy my Machinae CD's. This also means I may just be lucky enough to see Machinae live here in the states someday.

This means when I'm driving down the highway blaring Machinae, someone may look out the window with a smile, because they KNOW what im listening to.

If anyone expected Machinae to expand their horizons beyond what they already have without some help, you're out of your mind. The fact Machinae made it as far as they did without a label is miraculous in my opinion. Most bands cannot produce such high quality CD's or gain any kind of substantial internet popularity without SOME kind of help. I cannot begin to fathem how anyone can say Machinaes message is changing, all I see changing is how fucking loud they're going to be screaming it.

What a lovely way to put it... I feel warm inside. Thank you. Mind if I quote you to my friends? :)

---

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2006, 08:11:37 pm »

What a lovely way to put it... I feel warm inside. Thank you. Mind if I quote you to my friends? :)

Of course not; go for it heh. Thanks =)

I threw a few questions onto the bottom of my post too if you get bored ;)

I'm all excited and giggly now. :P

Edit: Actually, my questions are on the next page! Roohoo!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 08:20:25 pm by Drakonis »