Author Topic: Machinae signed with spinefarm records  (Read 66063 times)

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
Re: Machinae signed with spinefarm records
« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2006, 11:33:23 pm »
look on these forums, idiot...

Please, keep this on a mature level.

Generally speaking, expecting maturity of any kind in a public gathering, particularly an online one where we don't have burly bouncer types to beat the piss out of slime before it has a chance to speak, is beyond foolish.
Your approval fills me with shame.

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #271 on: October 02, 2006, 11:40:53 pm »
Well, we have admins. \o/
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

the ru

« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2006, 01:05:59 am »
look on these forums, idiot...

Please, keep this on a mature level.

Generally speaking, expecting maturity of any kind in a public gathering, particularly an online one where we don't have burly bouncer types to beat the piss out of slime before it has a chance to speak, is beyond foolish.

Nah, netiquette still applies. Like I was told in another thread, just because we're online doesn't mean that any kind of behaviour is accepted. >:(

Some don't care at all what their online reputation is, and just say whatever they feel like. Others (like SomethingApt, I think) want to be taken seriously once in a while, and calling people names for no real reason is a great way to lower your status and make people read all of your your posts less carefully, making it much harder to get your messages through. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I try to watch my own language although a few things will slip through anyway. I'm not easily offended by cursing and similar, but when it's directed specifically at a single person is where I draw the line.

Also, some people might actually get hurt, and potential newcomers are easily scared away by a too harsh attitude. :-\

Note however that, of course, I'm speaking in general, not specifically about the quoted message. 8)

Offline PhiaX

« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2006, 03:19:01 am »
I wish MaSu all the best with the deal, but count me out from now on, i'm not giving those record asswipes my cash.
So see you on the filesharing networks!

*slaps forehead* ok... it's been said before, but here it is again...

more people buy machinae's album off record label = more cash for the record label (which is bad, yes, but... wait for the next step... are you ready?) = MORE CHANCE OF MACHINAE MAKING ALBUMS IN THE FUTURE

as soon as the record label changes machinae's music, then you have a right to give up on them. but so far they have done nothing wrong. so stop being a dick.

So your saying that you can't be convicted for attempted murder? They already tried to change MaSu...
The attempt might have failed, but Spinefarm owns MaSu now... They are the boss, they might start soft, but if they don't get enough money they can pull strings. If MaSu breaks the deal when that happens, all the better.
I have no grudge against MaSu for the choice they made, however, if you ask for opinions, don't expect all replies to be to your liking.
My opinion is that, based on my own experience, record deals changes music and I don't like that.
Big deal... MaSu is not gonna die because of me, but I can sleep easy knowing that my cash is safe from the corps...
And about the release of future albums... what good are 4 spinefarm forced mainstream MaSu albums against 1 good totaly homebrew album.
About the studio and mixing... if you've got a crap album, you can throw in the pro remastering team, but under that decoration it's still crap.
Like placing a flower in a piece of poo, it's still poo after that, only it looks nicer at first, untill the smell gets to you.
And I for one, do not like the smell of recordlabels.
Is it so hard to understand that in my eyes, paying recordlabels is paying recordlabels, no matter who's album it is?

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #274 on: October 03, 2006, 03:23:03 am »
I wish MaSu all the best with the deal, but count me out from now on, i'm not giving those record asswipes my cash.

more people buy machinae's album off record label = more cash for the record label (which is bad, yes, but... wait for the next step... are you ready?) = MORE CHANCE OF MACHINAE MAKING ALBUMS IN THE FUTURE

as soon as the record label changes machinae's music, then you have a right to give up on them. but so far they have done nothing wrong. so stop being a dick.

So your saying that you can't be convicted for attempted murder? They already tried to change MaSu...
The attempt might have failed, but Spinefarm owns MaSu now... They are the boss, they might start soft, but if they don't get enough money they can pull strings. If MaSu breaks the deal when that happens, all the better.
I have no grudge against MaSu for the choice they made, however, if you ask for opinions, don't expect all replies to be to your liking.
My opinion is that, based on my own experience, record deals changes music and I don't like that.
Big deal... MaSu is not gonna die because of me, but I can sleep easy knowing that my cash is safe from the corps...
And about the release of future albums... what good are 4 spinefarm forced mainstream MaSu albums against 1 good totaly homebrew album.
About the studio and mixing... if you've got a crap album, you can throw in the pro remastering team, but under that decoration it's still crap.
Like placing a flower in a piece of poo, it's still poo after that, only it looks nicer at first, untill the smell gets to you.
Is it so hard to understand that in my eyes, paying recordlabels is paying recordlabels, no matter who's album it is?

well you seem to be the expert! withouth even knowing the facts! LOL! I'm laughing so hard after you post im propably die.

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #275 on: October 03, 2006, 03:23:26 am »

Ok, so.. now this even I take offense to. But I guess it's true what they say, the more narrow mind, the broader tongue.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #276 on: October 03, 2006, 05:00:34 am »

Ohnoes, corperations are teh suck eh? Who made the computer you're surfing the net on? Who made the chair you're sitting in, the clothes you wear? Is your house powered by a nice little windmill out back so you don't have to pay the 'evil electric corperations' any money? And where did you get that money? I suppose you musy work for a cute indie company somewhere (who again are powered by bigger windmills out back) Or maybe you're sponging off welfare? Who knows? Its all very well trying to sound like some rightoeus (sp?) asshole, but look at exactly how many corps you're funding right fucking now. If its none then good on ya, if not, quit bitching, and go back to pretending you're a big rebel by nicking someone else's hard work.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #277 on: October 03, 2006, 05:20:29 am »
Congratulations again Machinae for getting to relax a little and keep doing what you love doing, for us, without quite as many stressful things to worry aobut.  And congratulations to all the fans that will be hearing them live sooner than never now. Congratulations to the new album hard into development.

I for one am celebrating, so while those of you that choose to bitch and moan do so, ill be rocking out.

I can't even find a reason to continue with some of these arguements. Certain people have continued to bring hostility from one thread to another. I can't even view a thread about the recent WONDERFUL (in my opinion, and I deserve a fucking opinion too - since some of you seem to keen on reminding us of yours) changes without hearing some negative and non-constructive critisism or threads that are so full of assumption, I couldn't make out the ass behind it with all the bullshit in the way. If you wanna express concerns, do it - but do it with some respect for others as well. And pick a fucking place for it, every thread doesn't need to degenerate over YOUR concerns (you being anyone this might apply to, which thankfully is few).

And before you call me a "fan-boy", as I was so beautifully called in another thread, I'd like to remind that certain somebody that just because I SUPPORT something doesnt make me a fanboy. The fact that almost every single one of us log into this forum on a daily basis however, MIGHT, just make us ALL fanboys. I'd hate the pot to call the kettle black.

So that's what I've got to say. I've kept my mouth shut for a while after another heated debate turned into a completely non-constructive arguement, but ya know... most of the same people doing it here were doing it there too, so I'm seeing a pattern here.

If you arn't happy, that's one thing, if you're expressing your concerns with a level of respect and CONCERN - because guess what, NO ONE KNOWS whats going to happen completely. We can guess all we want, NOTHING has really happened thus far. If you're posting your CONCERNS, I am DEFENITELY not talking to you - Please, continue the discussion and get this back on track. But if you're bitching, and throwing insults, and moaning because SOMEONE ELSE made a decision FOR THEMSELVES that you don't like because your magic 8 ball told you it wouldn't work out in your best fucking interest, please.... Pick a single thread and have at it, I'd never dare to tell someone not to post... but if you're going to post rediculous shit that makes no sense whatsoever beyond your own personal little angsty angeda, I WILL ask you as a fellow forumer to NOT vomit ALL OVER the forums, pick a corner and spew away.

Anywho, with all that being said. Excuse me while I rock out to the new versions of TTLG, RWA, & Rise.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 05:29:41 am by Drakonis »

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2006, 06:39:29 am »
Also props to Rob for replying to most of these. He's been way more active on the forums these past few days replying to all the fans than in a long time. It's nice when the badn members actually stay in contact with the fans. :)

P.S. - You should keep staying active...for me. ;)

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #279 on: October 03, 2006, 08:56:31 am »
Ok, so.. now this even I take offense to. But I guess it's true what they say, the more narrow mind, the broader tongue.
The fundamental problem with humanity is that idiots are so damn sure of themselves and the wise so full of doubt.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #280 on: October 03, 2006, 09:07:18 am »
you shouldn't form an opinion based on ONE bad thing happening.

a bad performance from an actor DOESNT make that actor bad

I disagree and if you think about it, you should to.
A) Look at alot of actors in the US (they still make money though, exp's would be music artists doing movies, regardless of how good their acting was the movie will make money).
B) A good actor doesn't have a bad performance.

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #281 on: October 03, 2006, 12:36:17 pm »
I think it's funny that Creative Input and Murder is comparable in some people's minds. :)

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #282 on: October 03, 2006, 12:40:35 pm »
I think it's funny that Creative Input and Murder is comparable in some people's minds. :)

so true :)

Offline Krelian

• heaven in a wildflower
« Reply #283 on: October 03, 2006, 12:54:30 pm »
I have an idea:

People should stop their elitist bitching about labels and the like and just enjoy the fact that Masu makes good music.

Thank you for your time!

By degrees we beheld the infinite abyss, fiery as the smoke of a burning city;
Beneath us, at an immense distance, was the sun, black but shining.

Offline Ratti

« Reply #284 on: October 03, 2006, 01:11:01 pm »
I have an idea:

People should stop their elitist bitching about labels and the like and just enjoy the fact that Masu makes good music.

Thank you for your time!

wtf? that's ridiculous n00b!!"313 who cares about that shitty music!?  >:(