Author Topic: Machinae signed with spinefarm records  (Read 81960 times)

Offline infumouswishes

Re: Machinae signed with spinefarm records
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2006, 02:17:28 pm »
>This message may appear to come from no where!<

FUCK YEAH, CONGRATUALTIONS.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2006, 06:12:13 pm »
Oi, while im around i might as well say OMG Machinae JUST DINGED

Or some random crap like that.

Don't give robman a hard time, i think all the changes are positively towards the band/music.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2006, 06:48:38 pm »
Dinged? Radicz0r, are ye drunk, yarr? ;)
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2006, 07:36:55 pm »
gratz. :P

^____________________^
               \__/

the ru

« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2006, 10:23:24 pm »
What worries me most about the recent development is that now when they have gone from "Fuck the system!" to "We'll fuck the system from the inside", the step to "We will fuck the system... at least a little bit" and finally "Nah, we actually like it better this way" doesn't seem as far away. :-\

I'm sure, though, that they would never intentionally let us down. :)

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #230 on: September 30, 2006, 10:31:41 pm »
why do so many people care so much about fucking the system? i dont listen to machinae just so i can think "yeah.. that'll show the riaa! hahahaha". i listen to them for the FUCKING MUSIC!

record label = more albums in a shorter amount of time. i don't give a shit about anything else. as long as the label doesn't fuck with the music, i dont have a problem. and to be honest... if a band LETS a label push them around, then its their fault. it's not like they're slaves. they dont HAVE to sign a contract which gives them zero creativeness.

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2006, 11:43:39 pm »
why do so many people care so much about fucking the system? i dont listen to machinae just so i can think "yeah.. that'll show the riaa! hahahaha". i listen to them for the FUCKING MUSIC!

record label = more albums in a shorter amount of time. i don't give a shit about anything else. as long as the label doesn't fuck with the music, i dont have a problem. and to be honest... if a band LETS a label push them around, then its their fault. it's not like they're slaves. they dont HAVE to sign a contract which gives them zero creativeness.
QFT
^____________________^
               \__/

Offline Verruckter

« Reply #232 on: October 01, 2006, 01:21:41 am »
To all those who said they sold out: FUCK YOU. You don't know shit what selling out is all about. If a band get a record deal, it can only be good for them. Selling out would be to stop making the awesome-ass music the make and start doing some lame pop-metal crap. Plus it's not like if it was Warner Bros or Sony. Spinefarm has bands like Sonata Arctica, Norther and Ensiferum which are FAR from sell-outs.

the ru

« Reply #233 on: October 01, 2006, 01:36:59 am »
why do so many people care so much about fucking the system?

Perhaps because we aren't happy with the way things work today, and (foolishly, perhaps) keep hoping for a better world. And because the people currently in charge haven't really left us any options but to crush "the system" and rebuild a better society.

I've always thought of Machinae as having higher principles than just "let's play some rock music, fuck 10000 chicks and fill our wallets", that they have a wish to actually make a difference (and I still believe that they have that wish). The difference between them and us, however, is that they have worked hard to get where they are today and have reached a point where their actions actually does make a difference. They gain more and more supporters every day and people (including me) have started to look up to them. And the #1 thing they've taught me is to make up my own mind and not just swallow the bullshit they ("the system", not the band :)) feed me. And if I would one day feel that the path of Machinae no longer is the one I should follow, I won't, and I believe I've made that clear these last few days. Not that one fan less would matter much to them (as they will gain many thousands soon), but it would have a huge impact on my life. For me, it's about more than the music; if I would one day realize that Robert was a total asshole, naturally I wouldn't feel the same joy and energy from hearing his words, as I would know that they didn't mean the same to him as they do to me. They're becoming idols now (regardless of whether they want it or not), and people will have expectations of them.

I'm not against the signing itself; if they remain in control and if their music will be able to reach more people, great. If there'll be tours - wonderful. I just hope they will keep their candles burning for a worthy cause.

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #234 on: October 01, 2006, 05:41:44 am »
To all those who said they sold out: FUCK YOU. You don't know shit what selling out is all about. If a band get a record deal, it can only be good for them. Selling out would be to stop making the awesome-ass music the make and start doing some lame pop-metal crap. Plus it's not like if it was Warner Bros or Sony. Spinefarm has bands like Sonata Arctica, Norther and Ensiferum which are FAR from sell-outs.

This is the kind of ignorant, closed-minded post that makes me want to shoot myself out of embarassment for being a human.
I wonder, mr. Verruckter, did you even bother to READ what we said?  and did it even CLICK in your head?  What we've said (we=those who have suggested that machinae MIGHT be selling out, as we have concluded that we have no evidence yet, and we have hope it wont) is that we dont like the current remasters, as we feel that it DOES sound pop-metal-ish, and that we miss the "awesome-ass" music of yesteryear much more than the music they have now.  which isnt to say it isnt awesome, but WE feel that the old stuff was better.

of course not.  none of that makes any sense to you.  we said "machinae" and "sellout" in the same sentance, and you had to go exaculate your herpes-flavored sterile sperm onto the forum.

Get a brain, and use it.  What we've said is that we are fearful of what this could bring to be, and that we are nostalgic for the old days.  What we havent said is that they have definately already sold out, and that they definately already sound like shit.

Oh, and just for shits and giggles, you said "if a band gets a record deal, it can only be good for them."  you then  went on to say "its not like if <sic> it was Warner Bros. or Sony", implying that it CAN be bad for bands to get record deals.  And look at history- getting record deals CAN be bad.  its bad for a lot of bands.  its also good for a lot of bands.

My bias in this situation is that i'm american, and i only know of two bands who have signed major record deals and NOT 'sell out', those being NoFX and Against Me!  But, since this is a foreign label, and becuase gordon is too hot to resist, i have hope that MaSu WILL maintain their integrity.  I also have my fears.  THAT is what we've been saying.

*gasp* GOD i hope ignorant sod's like you arent allowed to reproduce.

Lexx

« Reply #235 on: October 01, 2006, 05:45:53 am »

It must be so awesome to be better than everyone else.

I didn't read your post, but that's the impression I get every time I do read them; So I stopped.

Lots of love,
Lexx.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 06:37:34 am by Lexx »

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #236 on: October 01, 2006, 06:00:39 am »
i love how everyone cares for each other on this forum. it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside <3
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #237 on: October 01, 2006, 06:02:55 am »
NoFX are like one of my all-time fav bands. :) I have planned, and will go on to send a CD to Fat Mike with a nice little note saying "Thank you for your inspiration." when the Spinefarm edition comes out.

And maybe, when we earn the street cred we deserve (and no longer are called "demo band" by arrangers), we can also go solo again and return completely to our DIY lifestyle.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 06:06:13 am by robert »

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #238 on: October 01, 2006, 08:34:47 am »
NoFX are like one of my all-time fav bands. :) I have planned, and will go on to send a CD to Fat Mike with a nice little note saying "Thank you for your inspiration." when the Spinefarm edition comes out.

And maybe, when we earn the street cred we deserve (and no longer are called "demo band" by arrangers), we can also go solo again and return completely to our DIY lifestyle.

Now it's my turn to be ultra-wishing and say "fuck, MaSu and NoFX in concert together would be more intense than standing in a bonfire while tripping on meth".  And, i fear we have similar tastes in bands, as we both love MaSu, and i woudlnt have mentioned NoFX if i didnt love them too :P

Nah, i just hate ignorant people.  Does that mean i'm not ignorant?  hell no.  but i hate myself with equal passion, so its all good.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #239 on: October 01, 2006, 10:40:09 am »
I absolutely think that the Spinefarm label deal is better than JMT's deal, don't you? ;)
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?