Author Topic: Machinae signed with spinefarm records  (Read 83132 times)

Offline Ratti

Re: Machinae signed with spinefarm records
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2006, 02:37:01 pm »
Since when are american record companies giving their bands more liberties than european ones?

Offline the_holy_ferret

• Remember, cake is a made up drug...
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2006, 04:02:37 pm »
I've missed most the discussion on this thread, but the way I see it 'more gigs = me happier'. As long as Machinae retain artistic control and don't have to compromise their sound, and more importantly as long as they're happy with it, then that's cool.

Robert, glad to hear the audio engineer's became converts :) On a plus side, I managed to get my University lecturer hooked on Machinae, and he wants to do a lecture next year on webculture using Machinae as a case study. I WILL CONVERT MY ENTIRE UNI DEPARTMENT INTO MACHINAEHEADS DAMN IT!!!

So it looks like their are changes afoot in Machinae-land. Inevitably some of us will like these changes, some of us won't. The point is, up to now everything, as far as I'm concerned, has been totally cool. If such a day comes, and I pray it doesn't, that changes occure that result in me liking Machinae to a lesser degree, then so be it. There's still a whole disco/webography of stuff that I do like. The important thing is that the band are happy doing what they're doing, I would hate them to not enjoy it, and if the whole Spinefarm thing makes things better for them then I'm behind it 100%
I is a one letter word spelt incorrectly

Offline oohal

« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2006, 04:35:28 pm »
Good on you for getting a recording deal, can't wait for the day when people will actually know who the fuck i'm talking about when I tell then who's my favourite band  ;D and good luck with the new album.

side note: seriously wtf is with the new site? It's a total pain in the ass to use (scroll bars and frames == badness) the new artwork is great though.

-oohal

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2006, 06:10:41 pm »
Quote from: Spinefarm front page
The band's Spinefarm debut, a remixed version of their indie album "Redeemer" will be released on November 8th, 2006.

Indie? =/

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2006, 06:30:37 pm »
indie = independent album :)

the ru

« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2006, 06:40:30 pm »
Indeed, not "cheesy wannabe pop".

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2006, 06:42:47 pm »
*Attempts to recover from choking to death*
Your approval fills me with shame.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2006, 06:51:07 pm »
Indie isn't only for music, though.  :P
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Mikon

• www.myspace.com/chromaticdark
« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2006, 07:31:12 pm »
Cheers and congrats for the record deal!

This is my first post to these forums although I have been a big fan of MaSu for atleast couple years now (but hey, better to start late than not start at all...right? ;) )
I hope to you guys all the best with Spinefarm... so far I have heard only good things about them as a record lable.

Btw, Good job with the new site, I like it.

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2006, 07:37:38 pm »
Thank you!

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2006, 07:52:17 pm »
Yeah the spinefarm update was quite cool actually. Redeemer is the first album you see when you click the new releases too.

So sexy, so sexy.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2006, 08:00:49 pm »
apparently The Mars Volta wanted Frances the Mute to be one solid track, ala Green Carnation's Light of Day, Day of Darkness. the record company they were signed to flat-out denied their artistic wishes, and so the album as of today is composed of tracks. granted, I really hate it when bands do that one-track thing with CDs, but that was a wish from The Mars Volta for their album, and it wasn't granted because the record company felt it wouldn't sell as well (be as 'accessable') if it were formatted that way. and they were probably right, but still.

Actually, I think it was just Cassandra Geminni they wanted to be one whole track, which would make the album only 5 tracks long. The record label classed a 5 track album as an EP, despite the length, so they wouldn't pay TMV as much money to make it. As a compromise, TMV split Cassandra Geminni into 8 parts.

To be fair... this didn't effect the music AT ALL. CD's are gapless, so when you listen to it you don't even notice that the tracks are split up. *shrug*

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2006, 08:02:55 pm »
Seconded. When I saw the new page, I "thought" (screamed in my mind) something like "OMG NEW DESIGN! IT'S SO COOOL!". I absolutely love it! Good job robert, it's looks nice.
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline the_holy_ferret

• Remember, cake is a made up drug...
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2006, 01:35:55 pm »
Okay, since Machinae are signed to Spinefarm now, is there any chance of getting Redeemer released on vinyl? I know other Spinefarm bands have had their albums released to lp and I simply :-* vinyl (well not literally, except weekends maybe).
I is a one letter word spelt incorrectly

Offline Kernel

« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2006, 01:43:16 pm »
Okay, since Machinae are signed to Spinefarm now, is there any chance of getting Redeemer released on vinyl? I know other Spinefarm bands have had their albums released to lp and I simply :-* vinyl (well not literally, except weekends maybe).
That'd be really cool! I'm also a vinyl fan and I'd most definitely buy all the Machinae vinyl releases!