Author Topic: XBOX 360 haters thread  (Read 23083 times)

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
Re: XBOX 360 haters thread
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2006, 05:33:34 am »
PS3 and 360 are both WAY better than Wii, but since I got a 360 I will complement my 360 with a Wii.

Neither the PS3 or Wii exist in any form which would allow you to come to a reasonable conclusion. I therefore reject your opinion. Also, considering that they have more or less driven the development of video gaming since the late 80's, Nintendo is a bit more than THE MEDIOCRE COMPANY. That being said, they do wish to be more of a supplement, something affordable which is fun but not the only thing you have room for under your TV. Let's all get along!

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2006, 07:57:16 pm »
*Loki hugs everyone* there, can we be done with the hatin?

Offline Ausp

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2006, 08:21:24 pm »
Anything less than total Xbox-hate would be off topic, and cause a lock. =P
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2006, 08:38:24 pm »
So, we have to be hate-filled and narrow-minded bastards in order to preserve this hate-filled and narrow-minded thread from lockage? Ok.

LOL MICROSOFT SUXXORS!!!1! ALL XBOX LUVRS ARE PHAGS!

... sorry, caps lock key broken, fixed now :P

PS3 and 360 are both WAY better than Wii, but since I got a 360 I will complement my 360 with a Wii.

Neither the PS3 or Wii exist in any form which would allow you to come to a reasonable conclusion. I therefore reject your opinion. Also, considering that they have more or less driven the development of video gaming since the late 80's, Nintendo is a bit more than THE MEDIOCRE COMPANY. That being said, they do wish to be more of a supplement, something affordable which is fun but not the only thing you have room for under your TV. Let's all get along!

QFT. My main gaming machine has always and will always be my trusty computer. Wii will be a nice and affordable supplement to that. It doesn't mean I hate Xbox 360 with all my heart, though... only a little ;)
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2006, 08:52:01 pm »
NINTENDO IS THE MEDIOCRE COMPANY, you _supplement_ systems or a PC with Nintendo, not use them as your main system. PS3 and 360 are both WAY better than Wii, but since I got a 360 I will complement my 360 with a Wii.

i disagree. i have a 360 but i am just as excited about the wii.

if all 3 systems were to be released on the same day. i would buy a wii first. and then i would buy a 360 when halo3 comes out (or gears of war, if it gets good reviews).

in my opinion sony look like the mediocre company. their console is bringing absolutely nothing new to the table, just a re-hash of ideas and a big price-tag.

i dont see a wii as a console to supplement my gaming with. i see two choices... xbox360 and wii, or ps3 on its own. i think you'd have to be an idiot to choose the latter.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 08:53:34 pm by SomethingApt »

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2006, 09:22:18 pm »
NINTENDO IS THE MEDIOCRE COMPANY, you _supplement_ systems or a PC with Nintendo, not use them as your main system. PS3 and 360 are both WAY better than Wii, but since I got a 360 I will complement my 360 with a Wii.

i disagree. i have a 360 but i am just as excited about the wii.

if all 3 systems were to be released on the same day. i would buy a wii first. and then i would buy a 360 when halo3 comes out (or gears of war, if it gets good reviews).

in my opinion sony look like the mediocre company. their console is bringing absolutely nothing new to the table, just a re-hash of ideas and a big price-tag.

i dont see a wii as a console to supplement my gaming with. i see two choices... xbox360 and wii, or ps3 on its own. i think you'd have to be an idiot to choose the latter.

Well, I'm a 360 owner (finally, yeesh). Out of all three systems, the 360 appeals to me the most. It's got the franchises I enjoy and Xbox Live is a wonderful experience. The marketplace is fantastic. The dashboard is ingenius and the hardware intigration the 360 provides is oozing with goodness (I currently have mine hooked up to my PC & my iPod, so I can access my movie collection & music collection very easily).

Now, with all that being said: will I buy a Wii? Hell yes. Nintendo has always provided high quality games and quite frankly, the Wii's control system intrigues me to no end. I will most likely play my 360 more still, seeing as the core games I've been waiting a LONG time for will be landing in my lap around that time (and it's only getting better and better). Plus, like I said, the 360 appeals to me. But I would not say I'm getting a Wii as a side-system or to compliment my 360, because I'm sure I'll spend a good ammount of time playing it as well.

As for the Ps3, no thanks. I can think of better things to spend my money on & a blueray player is not one of them. Besides, 99% of the franchises and companies I care about make games almost exclusively for Microsoft & Nintendo. Final Fantasy is probably the last big franchise Sony has and honestly, I think they're going to lose it. They really screwed up when they discontinued the hard drive and screwed FFXI players. I think FFXI is only the first final fantasy game to appear on the 360, won't suprise me if at some point down the line we see other final fantasy games for 360. We'll see, time will tell. I'm not a HUGE fan of Final Fantasy though (Don't get me wrong, the classic games kick ass. But I haven't kept up with the newer ones much).

In any case, I don't blame anyone who wants a PS3. Its just not my forte and while I do as best I can with money, like I said, I can think of better things to spend that huge dime on especially when I know for a fact that my PS3 would sit there and collect dust while I played Xbox 360 and Wii.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2006, 10:42:37 pm »
I think I'm inclined to agree that SONY is the mediocre console, I have always owned a Nintendo and I guess that it was unfair to call it mediocre. But ya the 360 ROXXORS !! For above said reasons and CONGRATS Drakonis on joining the CLUB !!! Fuck my SHIft button broke,,,,,,,

Offline limBer

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2006, 04:55:00 am »
the 360 is overrated by everyone who buys them. they only tell their friends its really good because they realized that its absolute crap and are just too ashamed to admitt it.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2006, 06:44:02 am »
the 360 is overrated by everyone who buys them. they only tell their friends its really good because they realized that its absolute crap and are just too ashamed to admitt it.

... well, at least it was on topic. Right?

Right?

As for the Ps3, no thanks. I can think of better things to spend my money on & a blueray player is not one of them. Besides, 99% of the franchises and companies I care about make games almost exclusively for Microsoft & Nintendo. Final Fantasy is probably the last big franchise Sony has and honestly, I think they're going to lose it. They really screwed up when they discontinued the hard drive and screwed FFXI players. I think FFXI is only the first final fantasy game to appear on the 360, won't suprise me if at some point down the line we see other final fantasy games for 360. We'll see, time will tell. I'm not a HUGE fan of Final Fantasy though (Don't get me wrong, the classic games kick ass. But I haven't kept up with the newer ones much).

Square Enix has already come out and said the Final Fantasy games won't be Sony exclusive.  :P I believe they even said they were making one for the 360 (that wasn't FFXI)?

Only game I want for the PS3 is MGS4. Past that, the rest can burn in the fireplace I don't have.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2006, 09:57:40 am »

care to back up your statement with... ummm... examples, or something??? Or should we just take your word for it :P

HEY EVERYONE! limBer SAYS THE 360 IS CRAP! SO IT MUST BE TRUE! k?

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2006, 02:14:33 pm »
edit: see wii thread

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2006, 08:17:37 pm »
edit: see wii thread

WE ARE WII HATER TOOOOOOOOOOO BWHAHAHAHAH!

jk, gonna buy one.

Offline Ausp

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2006, 07:07:30 pm »

care to back up your statement with... ummm... examples, or something??? Or should we just take your word for it :P

I can live with that. \o/
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2006, 08:21:21 pm »

I can live with that. \o/

wat a hater :(

Offline Mirdin

« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2009, 06:52:30 pm »
My Xbox 360 is for the 4th time fucked up. The DVD device isn´t working cannot watch DVDs... Last 3 times I had the "RED RING OF DEATH" u know what I´m talkin about, don´t you?^^
The Xbox of a friend is also broken.... again...
I think this is the right place to post it: I HATE THE XBOX and I HATE THE RING OF DEATH
But this is just for the moment, cause every time my XBOX 360 has a defect I get a new one.
Guarantee FTW!

So I´m really pissed that the Xbox 360 has so much defects ( I have many friends and they all have problems with it)

But I´m really thankful, cause Microsoft provides a very very good service. (I´ve never seen before such a good service, last times it took a week and I had a new XBOX 360)
Now kill me all you Microsoft haters  ;D