Author Topic: 9- 11 : Ground Zero 2006  (Read 10082 times)

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
Re: 9- 11 : Ground Zero 2006
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 04:11:31 am »
Yeah, this is how most of the British population feel about 9-11. In our work we didnt have a minute silence, and we werent even phased by it. Just another 9 til 5, apart from a few thousand people died, but what happened, happened. You cant change that by mourning, you cant change that by protesting. Just let the corporate fools run the world, and concentrate more on trying to become one of these corporate 'fools', so you can make a difference.

that's fine.  You weren't directly effected by it.  Id on't expect you to understand.

what I expect is a bit of decency and respect for those os uf who were.

You probably didn't look over at the hole in the skyline where the towers used to be and think "Damn. That could've been me."  Mere words can not express the feelings so Im not even going to try.   Five years.. I've had a commerative coin that I got ont he top of the empire state building blue tacked to my PC for that long.

Gaijin.  I know how you feel, and I ask that this respect go both ways.  9/11 will always be a wound to some of us, and as they said, just another day to others.  If you want respect, please give it.

Becoming angry won't change any opinions.

And, as they say, opinions are like assholes.

Everyone has one and they all stink.

Keep it cool, please, fellow forum members.  WE're a family here, please remember that.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 12:08:49 pm »
Gaijin.  I know how you feel, and I ask that this respect go both ways.  9/11 will always be a wound to some of us, and as they said, just another day to others.  If you want respect, please give it.

That's strange, I thought respect for others opinions was just the thing I called for.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 01:17:53 pm »
Ok i watch a program last night, i THINK it was called Sleeper Cell, now i know that these American T.V. are probably very propaganda, but it looked like they had done their research on how terrorist factions work and run, one of the Muslims said this

"You Americans spend a $100million on a plane, drop bombs on innocents around the world and you are heroes. But we! we blow ourselves up we are inhumane, terrorists."

when i heard this i thought, well the planes do look pretty kool i must admit, but it is kind of true the perspective he takes, but the American hostage then goes on to say

"This is true, but we wage war on the enemy, not the civilians, you kill with the intent to murder innocents."

I then thought, well, they are both right in a way, maybe the Americans don't delibrately kill innocents, but they do, and the terrorists do. And then i thought, there has never been a war where guns have actually been fired when no innocents die. So i came to no conclusion in the end.
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 01:50:39 pm »
What I remember most from 9/11 is that it caused Merlin to be cancelled so I had to wait another week for the next episode. That made me quite upset.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2006, 02:34:00 pm »
I remember lazily channel-surfing to find something interesting until I suddenly came to CNN and saw the live footage and thinking "holy fuck". I think I saw the towers collapsing live too. The whole thing seemed pretty much unreal, and I couldn't tear myself away from the TV.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2006, 02:38:27 pm »

"This is true, but we wage war on the enemy, not the civilians, you kill with the intent to murder innocents."

I then thought, well, they are both right in a way, maybe the Americans don't delibrately kill innocents, but they do, and the terrorists do. And then i thought, there has never been a war where guns have actually been fired when no innocents die. So i came to no conclusion in the end.

The civilians caught int he bombs then are not civilians?

Although you do raise a good point in one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist...
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2006, 02:38:55 pm »
You all are really just a big goddamn bunch of wankers, do you know that?

Let those who mourn, mourn. Let those who care, care. Let those who don't give a shit ignore it.

But for crying out loud, when one of these groups starts attacking another because they don't agree.. don't you think that you are taking it too far? Everyone is different. Just leave eachother be for the sake of everything goddamn sensible.

You goddamn bunch of cockjuggling thundercunts. (Thank you Goyer, Colan & Wolfman)

Yeah, I apologised if I offended anyone, no need to go out on a rampage dude. I'm not the one arguing because we dont agree, I'm just expressing my opinion, and you should respect that, as I do yours.

........you goddamn cockmongling beef-staff. :P

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 02:39:59 pm »
Ok i watch a program last night, i THINK it was called Sleeper Cell, now i know that these American T.V. are probably very propaganda, but it looked like they had done their research on how terrorist factions work and run, one of the Muslims said this

"You Americans spend a $100million on a plane, drop bombs on innocents around the world and you are heroes. But we! we blow ourselves up we are inhumane, terrorists."

when i heard this i thought, well the planes do look pretty kool i must admit, but it is kind of true the perspective he takes, but the American hostage then goes on to say

War happens, people die.

That's life.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 02:42:27 pm »
........you goddamn cockmongling beef-staff. :P

+1 for Maddox :D, yes people die, i think those people who died on 9/11 were lucky to die in a memorable way
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 02:51:25 pm »
I severely doubt those people who jumped from the building to avoid getting burned alive considered themselves lucky....  :P
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2006, 02:53:15 pm »
Sorry to sway the topic a little, but I had a strange idea.

If you knew everyone on the planet was going to die at the same time, by some sort of asteroid or supervolcano or the earth exploded, then would you panic?

-Why do you panic when you know you're going to die? You panic because you will miss your loved ones and you know your loved ones will miss you.

But if everyone died at the same time, then everyone gets the same fate, so there would be nothing to be scared about, because everyone else would be coming with you.

What I'm getting at, is if so many people died at the same time, at least they wont be lonely, I guess.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2006, 02:54:48 pm »
Not so, people could go in denial, believeing they COULD save them selves, go into a panic and start attempting to save themselves, but yes not many people would panic because they are going to die, but, because their loved ones would.

Offline ~futilite~

• I have the [Sticky Lizard's Socks of Coolness] :)
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2006, 02:59:30 pm »
Sorry to sway the topic a little, but I had a strange idea.

If you knew everyone on the planet was going to die at the same time, by some sort of asteroid or supervolcano or the earth exploded, then would you panic?

-Why do you panic when you know you're going to die? You panic because you will miss your loved ones and you know your loved ones will miss you.

But if everyone died at the same time, then everyone gets the same fate, so there would be nothing to be scared about, because everyone else would be coming with you.

What I'm getting at, is if so many people died at the same time, at least they wont be lonely, I guess.

Why should they worry, when they are dead, their loved ones are also dead...
Ok, we don't know what comes after death, but you probably won't be able to miss anyone... so why bother then?

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2006, 03:48:49 pm »
Why should they worry, when they are dead, their loved ones are also dead...
Ok, we don't know what comes after death, but you probably won't be able to miss anyone... so why bother then?

I seem to recall some obscure band saying:

"sweetest of all lies
one of everlasting life
No one wants to die
but we do, so we hide
What you fail to realize
is there's no need to fear
you live on in the hearts and minds
of those who hold you dear, who are right here"
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2006, 05:03:05 pm »
Hrurmpff..

Does anyone know how to grow some whiskers ?

That'd be badass.