Author Topic: Matrix  (Read 13060 times)

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
Matrix
« on: November 07, 2003, 12:39:07 pm »
No Matrix thread yet?
We have two on allegro.cc
Don't you people see Matrix?

Well, I can't blame you, if you're not into high-tech...
I can tell you that acting and story sucks, so only watch if you want to see some beautiful special effects.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Re:Matrix
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 01:49:48 pm »
I havent seen it yet! im gonna go see it tommorrow night...NO SPOILERS YOU BASTARDS!!!

;D ;D

sobella_science

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 02:14:03 pm »
I havn't seen the 2nd yet and I'll have to see it before the final.. :P

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 10:15:56 pm »
I'm very opinianated about this sort of thing so expect a rant about the whole frakin' trilogy (and the animatrix too probly) when i get back from the cinema 2morro

Offline Skvate

• Mediocre
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2003, 09:24:50 am »
well...theres not much negativ to say about animatrix...it kicks ass...Reloaded and Revolutions on the other hand  ::)
Lifeless I sail through these ironic fashions, dressed in the flesh of the jokers passions. On the uttermost brink of madness I stroll, and the rise of insanity as my most precious goal. Tricking the trail of my long lost obscurity, I gather me inside the artifice of eternity....

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2003, 11:06:19 am »
well...theres not much negativ to say about animatrix...it kicks ass...Reloaded and Revolutions on the other hand  ::)

I haven't seen either of them yet. Matrix and Animatrix I got on DVD. They rock! I hope that Reloaded and Revolutions are not so bad as people say. On the other hand, I like odd things. Hey - one question! If you would compare Reloaded and Revolutions to Star Wars Episode 2, how would you rate it? (acting etc...)
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2003, 02:41:35 pm »
...acting? .. From Keanu Reeves?

Surely, you jest?!
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

sobella_science

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2003, 04:22:53 pm »
Sounds like a subject for the paradox thread... ;D

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2003, 07:32:59 pm »
oh come on just cuz Keanu is popular at the moment doesnt make it cool to make fun of him! He's a talented guy who certainly deserves his success. Acting wise, his two best movies are probably Devils Advocate and The Matrix (the first one) as a drama student its easy to understand how difficult it is to pull off such unorthodox roles: the son of the devil who also happens to be a lawyer and the messiah of an artificial digital world to name two, not to mention a time travelling adolescent (and that was at the start of his carreer)

sobella_science

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2003, 10:25:50 pm »
...hehehe yeah right...lol ;D

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2003, 02:13:23 am »
weeelllll...I'm just back from seeing the matrix revelutions and I tell you what... I loved it! lots. well maybe not lots....but a good bit anyway.

aaah where to begin... I think what drew me in the most was the cool and varied imagery throughout the film...you've got the cyber culture hero imagery of the first movie (all the black leather pvc n sunglasses) then theres the battle of zion....aaaw where to begin! the control room scenes reminded me very much of something from Star Wars or The Empire Strikes back...I expected to hear "Imperial troops have entered the base" at any second  ;D. ummm....i liked the way zions armed forces were portrayed, that sort of primitive looking technology like in "Aliens" (which happens to be one of my favorite films) all that shit was just cool.
Then theres the almost Gigeresque landscape of the machine city which also cool...as for the plot itself, there was much cool stuff that was hinted at in the first and second movies that was made more apperent in the 3rd i dont wanna ruin it for ne1 who hasnt seen it yet but if uve seen it u probly kno wot i mean...as for the ending well, hmm....wot did i expect? i dont kno but not that! which is a good thing, i hate endings that go "by the book" and try to meet expectations (well thats a lie i dont hate them,but i prefer when they dont) so yeh good stuff all round in my opinion...some nice twists, a few predictable cliched bits too but every movie has em...i like it!

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2003, 02:21:12 am »
aaarrrghhhh where the fuck is my animatrix dvd!!!!!  :'(

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2003, 06:06:48 am »
Bill and Ted were cool dudes. I just thought that I would better not to believe what others say about these movies. And I think that there is various forms of acting. Acting bases on actor's charisma and "vibes" he creates. I think that Keanu fits role of Neo perfectly. I could not think any other actor doing such role.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2003, 12:06:49 am »
oh come on just cuz Keanu is popular at the moment doesnt make it cool to make fun of him! He's a talented guy who certainly deserves his success. Acting wise, his two best movies are probably Devils Advocate and The Matrix (the first one) as a drama student its easy to understand how difficult it is to pull off such unorthodox roles: the son of the devil who also happens to be a lawyer and the messiah of an artificial digital world to name two, not to mention a time travelling adolescent (and that was at the start of his carreer)

That's just the problem, isn't it? He -doesn't- pull it off. Not to say that he hasn't done good parts, but even a blind hend, etc. etc.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2003, 12:26:30 am »
hmmm its a matter of opinion i supposse but I think Keanu is a good actor