Author Topic: 'Redeemer' online reviews?  (Read 5711 times)

Offline the_holy_ferret

• Remember, cake is a made up drug...
'Redeemer' online reviews?
« on: September 08, 2006, 01:50:23 pm »
I recently posted by review of 'Redeemer' over at http://www.treehouseofdeath.com/?p=360, which I had to delay publishing cuz I'm writin a thesis on MaSu at the mo and I didn't wanna sound overly biased because of that. Inevitably I failed cuz 'Redeemer' is an amazing album anyway, which got an appropriately high score.

I've found very few other online review's of RDR or DXM on the net and I noticed there aren't any links in the FAQ or comprehensive links in the forum. Are any of us aware of just how many reviews there are of MaSu's albums thus far? I'm thinkin there can't be that many at this stage, but I'm trying to archive as much MaSu stuff as I can for my thesis. My eventual goal will be to publish it on the web with a sort of mini-encyclopedia on all things MaSu as I've got like 300 pages worth of stuff on the comp at the mo, which I thought would be cool to share among the MaSu community.

Any thoughts?
I is a one letter word spelt incorrectly

the ru

Re: 'Redeemer' online reviews?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 02:31:05 pm »
We should start a Machinae wiki.

Lexx

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 02:47:39 pm »
Another one?

the ru

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 03:59:38 pm »
There is one? Where?

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 04:58:44 pm »

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 05:10:01 pm »
That is not a wiki. It's an entry in the wiki called Wikipedia. But I do believe there is one somewhere on the 'net, floating around. I recall reading it some time, but I have no idea where. Try searching.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Smeagol

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 06:39:38 pm »
There is one? Where?

It didn't get off the ground, because it was a somewhat stupid idea.

Also, there are plenty of reviews in the Machinae-Shop.

the ru

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 08:34:21 pm »
I think it would be an interesting idea.

A Machinae-only wiki would probably be a bit too narrow though, yet it would contain way too much to fit onto a single page in a general purpose wiki like Wikipedia. We need something in between.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 09:07:37 pm »
We have something like that, the unofficial FAQ. I suggest just updating it.

Smeagol

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 09:09:27 pm »

* Fiindil uses the talisman of Eloj summoning

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 09:11:21 pm »

* Fiindil uses the talisman of Eloj summoning

Lol, if he's not around we could always just make a new one using it as a reference point. A FAQ seems to be about what we need. An entire Wiki could be redundant, but I agree that a single Wiki page could start to crammed full of small, tiny facts that hardcore Machinae fans want but are not in any way required for a summary of the band itself.

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 12:21:41 am »
The review was ok, but I don't like how you keep dissin the SIDStation. I think that Redeemer has quite a bit of SID and it I'm glad there's a lot. Otherwise I doubt you could still call MaSu SID Metal anymore. The more SID the better. Am I right Gordon? ;)

the ru

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 09:20:05 pm »
The good thing about a wiki is that we don't need to wait for someone to update it, and anyone may add information the maintainer might otherwise have thought not to have a place in it (did anyone understand that sentence? ???). We could record things like "That particular gig rocked because bla bla was doing bla bla to bla bla and then Gordon appeared and said THOU ARE DOOMED I SHALL SMITE THEE ALL" etc.

Besides the FAQ, the only real sources of information I know of is the bands own homepage (which doesn't offer any real information at all in its current state, IMO) and this forum (which isn't really searchable as the actual-information-to-insanity ratio is quite low).

Are there any fan pages yet? The FAQ? Myspace? Anything else?

Smeagol

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 09:22:01 pm »
The good thing about a wiki is that we don't need to wait for someone to update it, and anyone may add information the maintainer might otherwise have thought not to have a place in it (did anyone understand that sentence? ???). We could record things like "That particular gig rocked because bla bla was doing bla bla to bla bla and then Gordon appeared and said THOU ARE DOOMED I SHALL SMITE THEE ALL" etc.

1) That's stupid

2) A wiki is pointless. We don't need to log every single minor fucking detail about what the band do.

the ru

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 09:26:46 pm »

1) That's stupid

What, exactly?