Author Topic: How are you?  (Read 27432 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: How are you?
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2006, 01:27:51 am »
Normal sucks.

Controversial..

Much sucking to be done. I'll better leave.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2006, 01:30:19 am »
Oi you are the one doing all the suxing... you best come back :|
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2006, 01:31:53 am »
LO !

I r so not suck

You suck like..

more.

Quote from: Magicman
So, how bout them jews ?

EH

EH

EH

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2006, 01:33:06 am »
OH my GoD thtA was So ToTalLy so UnCallEd foR! I'm teLLing ThE AdmiN!
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2006, 01:33:36 am »
Yeah. Im starting to post like fallout, i'd better stop this..

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2006, 02:08:39 am »
Well said. I admit that I drink alcohol too but not because it makes me free. I was once two years without any substances that alternate nervous system : including not only alcohol but caffein as well. I must say that my perception was better and I got more out of my body and mind due that time. My wife, who followed same principles told that she noticed same. We went to bars with friends and drank lemonades (without caffein) or juices and had great time. We even followed strict vegetarian diet for some time - and other part of that period we only ate birds and fishes. I noticed that even that what kind of food one eats alternates one's body and mind for some degree.

Why I drink then? I think that I'm socially addicted to it's culture. Drinking alcohol in Finland is somewhat "holy value" of some sort. Everyone here agrees that it can be great problem. Everyone here knows that we drink way too much per capita. Everyone knows that it's better without. And still, if one does not drink he rarely get invitations to parties. If that person chooses to go to party when he does get invitation everyone is going to make him drink. They buy drinks and ask that one to drink. If one does not drink them it can be somesort of insult and some will probably think that person "is trying to be better than he is - or better than anyone in this group, at least!". Only one that (most often) does not drink is the driver, he is left alone with his lemonades and everyone understands that. Or if one is not from Finland, it's understood too. It does not really have any sense at all, this our drinking culture.

Finnish way to drink is rather gruesome. I guess that I could write more about it : the sauna, dancing, singing, "friendly" wrestling between males and every other classic detail. Coffee and alcohol - they are something that every finn is supposed to drink. And lot. I did not start to get drinking because what others thought of me, thou. I simply did it because I wanted to get back on the parties every now and then. It's that social point of view that I missed.

Do tell us more about finnish drinking culture. I'm sure it's not that much worse than the norwegian one.

I personally drink because 1) I like the beverages, 2) it is rather fun to be slightly drunk, and 3) I get more social, which with me, who have a tendency to get rather asocial at times*, is a good thing. Generally speaking (that is, as long as I pay for the alcohol myself), I only drink the stuff that I really like, which leads to a high cost/volume figure, as I like the costly stuff, and therefore also a fairly smaller consumed volume. Which is nice, as I don't get stupefyingly drunk**, only to the point of loosened inhibitions. Which are pretty lose already. Not that I do that very often. Even if I can get high on simply partying, that requires the right mood both in myself and in the party - and a bit of alcohol helps me finding that mood. Plus, it tastes good, and natural "high" plus artificial high = even more height.

*at other times, I've been known to be very social, in a somehow naturally induced state of loosened inhibitons and social excitement, which actually seems rather much like the alcohol-induced state, but without the lessened motoric control. This has lead to some accusations of me being drunk when I in fact was not. Also, the combination of the two states...well, I don't think you'd want to meet me then. I'd probably be hyperactively social, without any inhibitions at all, and...okay, I'd be a whole lot of fun...I think. At least I'd be a whole lot of fun to myself.

**I've gone to the point where I've gotten really nauseous about twice, and one of the times it only lasted for about 5 minutes (and one trip to the porcelain telephone). The other time was after consuming about half a litre of homemade wine in half a minute (I was thirsty, the stuff tasted like lemonade, and I was getting low on my own alcohol, so when I was offered, I took a good-sized swag). That was not a fun experience.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Trias

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2006, 02:18:10 am »
Fact : The dutch youth drinks the most of all europe.

Fact: The English have the most teenage pregnancies in the world. Suck it.

yeah I heard that, too. Wonder if it's right (I doubt the 'in the world part', however).

Also, it fits my picture of english folks much better than that supposed sexual prude..ity? prudiness? whatever what Kasumi as talking about once...

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2006, 02:24:25 am »
2) it is rather fun to be slightly drunk

QFT! I enjoy being in that state (and coincidentally, I'm slightly drunk right now ;)), but anything more typically just makes my stomach upset. I usually know when I've had enough myself, but sometimes I exceed that line due to a variety of factors. One such occasion occured during my last days in the army, at what is called the "Dimmefest" (roughly translated as "Honorable Discharge Party"). I had one or two beers too many, partly because a few of my sergeants insisted on buying me drinks for various reasons ;D, and I vaguely recall losing my cell phone (turned up the following day, fortunately), and subsequently I decided to head back to the barracks, stopping once or twice to be noisily sick into the nearest ditch. The day afterwards I woke up with a light hangover that soon passed, then went up to the mess hall where I met one of my sergeants, whose first comment was "Hey, Berg, I saw you last night in a ditch puking your guts out". Like that wasn't enough, a few more people saw me and the incident was even mentioned in the company yearbook... God, I was mortified, and right then and there I decided never to drink that much again.

Morale of the story? Everything in moderation, kids. The Buddhists have got it right, do anything in excess and you'll pay for it later :P
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2006, 05:06:12 am »
Everything in moderation, even moderation.

after all if you hadn't overindulged you wouldn't know that it's not fun now wwouldn't have you?
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2006, 05:26:38 am »
sup moondoggies?
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2006, 06:19:34 am »
Do tell us more about finnish drinking culture. I'm sure it's not that much worse than the norwegian one.
I give you complete guide of finnish drinking habits as soon I finish it. It's going to be mindblowing :D
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime

Offline Spunky

« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2006, 03:14:37 pm »
You've hijacked my thread :'(
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Smeagol

« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2006, 03:17:33 pm »
But Magicman's avatar now beats Nobby's!

MDX

« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2006, 04:27:43 pm »
Theyre both arousing.