Author Topic: How are you?  (Read 25489 times)

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
Re: How are you?
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2006, 09:34:31 pm »
*applaudage* ;D

And to Gravehill as well, he has turned this into one of the most serious discussions I've ever experienced on these forums.

it was often like this, back in the golden age.

anyhoo... on topic... just finished my second day at work. had to cycle there and back today (and will be for the next couple of months). 40 minutes of cycling first thing in the morning is hell, especially when you haven't done any physical activity for at least a few months. but that didn't even compare to the nightmare i had coming home. already tired from a day working... and it was mostly uphill! :P

i just about made it home... but my legs feel like they're about to drop off. oh well... at least im getting fit, i spose :P

EDIT: just realised i didnt actually directly respond to the question...

im ok, but extremely knackered. kind of like overcooked chicken... quite nice, but... more effort than it's worth. yep.. that's me.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 09:36:37 pm by SomethingApt »

MDX

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2006, 10:42:53 pm »
It seems we're in a new age, or maybe an old age and new age mixed.. its def different.

The woa.. age..

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2006, 10:45:40 pm »
If you really want some fat-burning excersise, I suggest taking your breakfast to work, if that is possible. That is, cycle to work before you eat breakfast. It'll be harder, because you've used most of your carbohydrate energy reserve, and your fat-burning process aren't very good unless you're very well trained, but it will soon learn to burn it.

I need to start getting up and excersising before breakfast.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2006, 11:05:23 pm »
I need to start getting up and exercising. Period.  :P

Walking to and from my university college each day (trip takes about half an hour each way) helps, though I think I'll have to start up karate again if I am to have any hope of getting into shape. Buying a bike should help, too (not as boring to cycle as to walk IMO, you get to places faster and can make longer trips).

<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2006, 11:08:10 pm »
damn, I used to run every morning before breakfast, but with my current job and having to finish uni work I cbfed to get up that early. Maybe when the uni stuff is over...

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2006, 11:26:23 pm »
I jog everyday, and sometimes go mental up and down the stairs, but that's it really
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2006, 11:47:59 pm »
I'm not square at all. I'm tit shaped. In four dimensions. I don't watch TV, I read no [offline] papers, I use no kinds of drugs, I just mock about and pick blueberries.
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2006, 11:59:27 pm »
I must admit that I am a recreational drug user. I do, however, restrict myself to a single, socially accepted drug: alcohol. In addition to being socially acceptable and legal, it's also the one drug that does the most damage, by a long shot (due to the large number of users, of course. Per user there are probably drugs that do far more damage).

That being said, I agree with Gravehill: drugs don't free your mind (unless we're talking red pills here, of course ;D ). Some of them do more harm than good*. I've never done anything but alcohol and tobacco, the latter passively (well, technically, I've also done marihuana of some sort passively, I suppose). I do not, however, consider drug use to be the devils work, as long as the person in question keeps it under control. However, with many substances, this is very hard, and I am for keeping these illegal. I am also for keeping anything with high probability of stronger negative side effects (including, but not limited to, paralysis, brain damage and death) illegal, logically. Which pretty much makes me on par with laws today.

*Yes, there are a whole lot of drugs that do more good than harm, in the right dosages. Some are naturally occuring in your body (the feared date-rape drug GHB being one of these, actually - I am not suggesting ingestion of GHB though: The right dosage is probably more or less what's already in your body), others are used for medicinal purposes. Morphine is a rather good example - excellent pain reliever, but quite addictive in larger doses.
Well said. I admit that I drink alcohol too but not because it makes me free. I was once two years without any substances that alternate nervous system : including not only alcohol but caffein as well. I must say that my perception was better and I got more out of my body and mind due that time. My wife, who followed same principles told that she noticed same. We went to bars with friends and drank lemonades (without caffein) or juices and had great time. We even followed strict vegetarian diet for some time - and other part of that period we only ate birds and fishes. I noticed that even that what kind of food one eats alternates one's body and mind for some degree.

Why I drink then? I think that I'm socially addicted to it's culture. Drinking alcohol in Finland is somewhat "holy value" of some sort. Everyone here agrees that it can be great problem. Everyone here knows that we drink way too much per capita. Everyone knows that it's better without. And still, if one does not drink he rarely get invitations to parties. If that person chooses to go to party when he does get invitation everyone is going to make him drink. They buy drinks and ask that one to drink. If one does not drink them it can be somesort of insult and some will probably think that person "is trying to be better than he is - or better than anyone in this group, at least!". Only one that (most often) does not drink is the driver, he is left alone with his lemonades and everyone understands that. Or if one is not from Finland, it's understood too. It does not really have any sense at all, this our drinking culture.

Finnish way to drink is rather gruesome. I guess that I could write more about it : the sauna, dancing, singing, "friendly" wrestling between males and every other classic detail. Coffee and alcohol - they are something that every finn is supposed to drink. And lot. I did not start to get drinking because what others thought of me, thou. I simply did it because I wanted to get back on the parties every now and then. It's that social point of view that I missed.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2006, 01:10:48 am »
Fact : The dutch youth drinks the most of all europe.

Smeagol

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2006, 01:11:41 am »

Fact: The English have the most teenage pregnancies in the world. Suck it.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2006, 01:19:54 am »
Fuck and i'm still a virgin!!!!!!! :O
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2006, 01:20:49 am »

I could say something in here, but i'll just call you a monkey instead.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2006, 01:23:34 am »

Canada has three "a"'s in it. Suck it.
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2006, 01:24:25 am »
Australia.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2006, 01:25:33 am »
I'm the normal one online

have a suck on that