Author Topic: How are you?  (Read 25540 times)

Offline Spunky

How are you?
« on: August 29, 2006, 11:50:31 am »
I've been finding it hard to keep up with threads, posts and people lately so i wanted to get a quick idea of what people have been/are upto.

In no more than a paragraph give us an update about how you are and what you've been upto lately.

Or just ignore me :)
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Trias

Re: How are you?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 12:08:04 pm »
I probably have only 16 days left to write my final uni work.

I've slept 4 hours last night...

Offline refic

• mr. banjoles
  • Administrator
  • Machinae Prime
  • mr. banjoles
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 12:52:41 pm »
I've been enjoying the last few days of my summer vacation. My school starts on Monday (Oulu Polytechnic, Automation Engineering, 2nd year).

Offline Spunky

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 01:07:40 pm »
I didn't actually put an update on for myself.

I'm currently working my last week at my 14 months "work placement" at skanska as apart of my 3rd year Software Engineering course. Struggling to get the effort together to seriously think about my disitation but i'm sure once i start, no one will stop me! Moving out for the first time in my life next week to a student house with my ex-gf which will be difficult, but its what i want to do so i'm doing it.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Moheeheeko

• Stick 'em with the pointy end.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 01:11:09 pm »
I am currently working at a lazer-tag establishment, going on 8 months now, in school, dont know where the hell im going, and single :'(

"Jesus Christ, or so I have been led to believe from the revelations he has apparently made on this forum, fucks kittens. Or possibly cats."-Fiindil

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 06:19:24 pm »
I'm in high school on my first year and I'm currently trying to decide if my new computer should be a laptop or not.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 07:37:52 pm »
I have 6 testicles.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 07:40:30 pm »
Unable to top laser, i'll just go with "i started a new education, and rocks so far."

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 08:00:17 pm »
I've just started my third year of my student teacher education, and I feel strangely enthusiastic about it... it could be because I've finished all mandatory subjects, and so have had the opportunity to study whatever I want (related to teaching, of course) for two whole years. This year I'll go with Social Sciences (I know I'm gonna enjoy the part concerning history ;D). Next year, who knows? Perhaps something computer related.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline ~futilite~

• I have the [Sticky Lizard's Socks of Coolness] :)
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 08:35:35 pm »
2 years now until I have my A-levels (in Germany)
and what can I say... last year was very easygoing, and now I came to school after the holidays and  :'( they give us lots of homework (that's my impression) and I don't have much time left... maybe I just didn't work last year so that's new to me.

Other aspect: I sit here, trying to arrange the articles for our student magazine and just - despairing of it because I don't have all articles and I don't know yet how to match them and so on... (we want to print on thursday)

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 08:43:23 pm »
Dealing with being diagnosed with diabeties, working on a computer that refuses to cooperate and still adrift in life not knowint what I really wnat to do with it.  On the bright side, I have several virtual DJ gigs that I"ve been working on.  Now if my PC would only cooperate.. :(

Almsot SSDD...
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 08:52:29 pm »
diabeties? that's gotta suck, how bad is it? :(

my life... is... boring! :P

passed my a-levels, got into uni, deferred my place for a year. so right now im working. i have a temp office job for the next 2 months. working 9:00 - 5:30. the work is fucking boring, but it's easy, and the pay isnt bad... so im not gonna complain too much.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 09:28:57 pm »
diabeties? that's gotta suck, how bad is it? :(

Fortunately I was having myself tested often because I've a family history of it.  Right now I'm treating it with nothing but diet.  I don't have to take insulin or anything, thank god. (It's hard enough poking myself with the lancet to test the blood sugars)

Nothing I can't handle right now.  And I figure it's beter than finding it out this way.. "We're going to have to amputate your leg.. and by the way you're diabetic...
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 10:06:24 pm »
Dealing with being diagnosed with diabeties, working on a computer that refuses to cooperate and still adrift in life not knowint what I really wnat to do with it.  On the bright side, I have several virtual DJ gigs that I"ve been working on.  Now if my PC would only cooperate.. :(

Almsot SSDD...
Ooohh! It's the big man who got bigger feet than mine (bare or bear, it does not matter)! The guy who liked Ventures! It's very nice to see you're hanging round here!

Sorry to hear 'bout that diabetes. I know that it's real pain in the ass hearing that this young. Just last year they took routine checks on me when I entered this new job regularly. They said that I got dangerously high cholestherole, there was some problems with my liver and I was going to get diabetes soon if I don't get heart attack prior that. And I was feeling better than ever! Now I have lost 19 kg's of weight and cholestherole is still little high but I don't have to eat medicines. I got it lowered somewhat. My liver has some problems, especially when I eat fatty foods (YAM!) or take alcohol : it pumps my veins full of cholestherole and so it's not adviced to eat fats or drink alcohol. That's partly genetic, partly due there's fat on the liver. So I have to had cut down fat, sugar and alcohol. I drink moderately (once on month or so) so it's not that hard part but that sugar and fat part was. It's tricky to know where the limit goes. But people can learn and so did I. Now everythings somewhat balanced. Diet helps a lot. Good to hear that you got it under control too.

So, you're doing virtual DJ gigs? What are those? You log on club and play music via their system? I don't even know if we have those kind of systems here in Finland. At this city they don't, I'm pretty sure (puny little Kuopio, damnit!).

Anyway, great to see you here!
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 10:29:25 pm »
Wow shit, gravehill makes such long posts..