Author Topic: Jack Thompson on Attack of the Show  (Read 3623 times)

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
Jack Thompson on Attack of the Show
« on: August 11, 2006, 06:19:48 am »
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
Re: Jack Thompson on Attack of the Show
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 07:33:11 am »
i didn't watch it. i don't need to feel anger toward jack thompson. all i need is love. love of the girl in your avatar. she and i will be married, mark my words. those mischievous, daring eyes... that practiced, jaded head-bob... TAKE ME NOW.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Trias

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 12:49:21 pm »
heck, she's something like 10 years old...

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 01:15:22 pm »
i didn't watch it. i don't need to feel anger toward jack thompson. all i need is love. love of the girl in your avatar. she and i will be married, mark my words. those mischievous, daring eyes... that practiced, jaded head-bob... TAKE ME NOW.
I think megadokyo married her first..

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 01:48:49 pm »

Then she's got to be the sexiest ten-year-old ever.

MDX

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 04:04:27 pm »

Then she's got to be the sexiest ten-year-old ever.

Now thats wrong.

But she is my wife.. im having space age surgery to go back 10 years, so we can be young together.. forever and ever.

Well until we're old.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 05:59:24 pm »
i don't need to feel anger toward jack thompson.
watch it anyway because it's funny. both sides look stupid.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 07:19:24 pm »
everybody interrupts each other a lot.  Jack Thompson may have a point though. HEAR ME OUT. If there is ass stomping of teachers in the game, that COULD be a problem.  now if i play the game and beat the shit out of an educator, i have no intentions of showing up to class with a 2 x 4.  But other kids might, eh?.  Other games that show violence wont make kids go out and kill people as much if at all because the concequences are larger.  You smack-a-bitch at school, you get expelled.  You kill a kid at school, you get 25 to life.
In Canada cats grow on trees

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 08:51:23 pm »
I agree that Rockstar is doing itself no favors with the jack thompson crowd with a game that i think is probably borne of a bad idea. But I don't believe it will change anyone's intentions re: harming others. People killed each other before video games were invented, and video games have featured killing almost since their inception; they reflect reality, not the other way around.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 09:50:18 pm »
re: Bully, the trailer is on Youtube. Looks pretty tame as R* games go.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 02:24:53 pm »
i didn't watch it. i don't need to feel anger toward jack thompson.

I watched. Didn't make me dislike Jack anymore. Hell, made me like him more, slightly.

Mind you, I've stopped caring about this shit.
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 01:28:04 am »
that other guy was an idiot too. The Game Daily guy was the only one who really seemed to know what he was talking about.

At first, I thought bully was a stuoid idea for a game. I think it might just be badly titled. I've seen the trailer and I have to say, it looks pretty interesting. I wouldn't mind playing it.

chompy

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 04:07:57 am »
i didn't watch it. i don't need to feel anger toward jack thompson.

I watched. Didn't make me dislike Jack anymore. Hell, made me like him more, slightly.

Mind you, I've stopped caring about this shit.

I watched the first minute and a half, had to stop as it would probably just make me more angry. I predict in the future Tack Jhonkson will die from heart failure or a blood clot. So much hot air in that guy.

Goes back to listening to Theivery Corporation

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 10:32:20 pm »
Watched it some days ago. Only Jack Thompson knows how to debate. Why can't they pit him against Will Wright in a debate? If Wright only manages to stay focused on the task at hand, and not get distracted by some random stroke of genious (he tends to have them a lot, it seems), he'd crush Thompson. In any case, at least such a debate would be enjoyable to watch.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 10:46:41 pm »
everybody interrupts each other a lot.  Jack Thompson may have a point though. HEAR ME OUT. If there is ass stomping of teachers in the game, that COULD be a problem.  now if i play the game and beat the shit out of an educator, i have no intentions of showing up to class with a 2 x 4.  But other kids might, eh?.  Other games that show violence wont make kids go out and kill people as much if at all because the concequences are larger.  You smack-a-bitch at school, you get expelled.  You kill a kid at school, you get 25 to life.

OH please.  There is NO proof that videogames have an effect on people's tendancy towards violence.  some people say it does, some say it doesn't.. it all depends on the agenda of the testers and the methods used.

For me, I'm less likely to bash someone with a baseball bat after doing it VR.. for osmeone who can't tell teh difference between reality and fantasy, however...
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β