Author Topic: Your top 10 songs at the moment  (Read 9162 times)

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Your top 10 songs at the moment
« on: July 30, 2006, 03:37:09 pm »
I know that most people's favourite songs change quite a lot but what about top 10 at the moment?? and if ya give a reason everyone can maybe get an insight to the kind of person you are and why you love your music so much :D

No. Band-Song  Reason
1. Tool-Rosetta Stoned  Although it starts off weird, about 5 minutes in it becomes very emotional and Maynard's voice is top notch :)
2. MuDvAyNe-World So Cold  This song has always got me through the bad times, there's something vicarious about it to me
3. MaSu-Megascorcher  This was the first song by MaSu i heard and it just blew my mind with the game/rock fusion
4. Cradle of Filth-No Time to Cry  This is what got me into heavy rock/rock scene i'm into now
5. Cradle of Filth-Lustmord and Wargasm  I don't know if it's the strings intro or the key the song it is  in but it goes straight to my heart
6. Tool-Aenema  Holy shit what a song again, very emotional and hits me in the core
7. MaSu-Steve's Quest  What a happy song!! just makes me want to walk down a road
8. MuDvAyNe-Solve et Coagula  It's so true
9. 1200 Mics-Acid for nothing  great remix of "money for nothing" and there's nothing like a bit of techno/trance to wake you up in the morning :)
10. Simon and Garfunkel-The sound of silence  The melody of this song is just mind boggling
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 07:35:38 pm by megadökyo »
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
Re: Your top 10 songs of all time
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 03:56:49 pm »
bloody hard to choose, but i'll give it a go (in no particular order):

1: Ulver - Hallways Of Always [Really cool electronic ambient stuff, different to most of the stuff i listen to]
2: Wastefall - Dance Of Descent [Greek progressive metal; nothing groundbreaking but easy to listen to and great to hum along to]
3: The Mars Volta - Meccamputechture [Any of the songs on the new album, really... but this one stands out to me at the moment]
4: Machinae Supremacy - Rogue World Asylum [Fucking great to sing along to, love it]
5: Beyond Twilight - For The Love Of Art And The Making [Technically it's an album made up of 43 tracks, but they all fit together to make an incredible epic]
6: Pain Of Salvation - Beyond The Pale [Absolutely breathtaking finale to one of my favourite albums of all time, i can't stop listening to it]
7: Deadsoul Tribe - Angels In Vertigo [I haven't listened to them much yet, but this song stood out to me]
8: Jeff Buckley - So Real [I've gone through a bit of a Jeff phase recently, Grace is a fucking quality album (best album ever, maybe?) and this is my fav track on it at the moment]
9: Riverside - (Live) [They released an EP with three live tracks at the end, and they absolutely blew my mind, can't pick a favourite]
10: Rush - 2112 [couldn't think of anything else, and i love rush... 2112 is close to perfection]

there we go... and i managed to keep it to one track per artist ;D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 03:58:53 pm by SomethingApt »

Offline Фраеон

• Je zuigt lul
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 04:04:23 pm »
1. Shania Twain - I Feel Like A Woman (AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!)
2. Britney Spears - Toxic (AWESOME!!!!!!!!!)
3. Antti Tuisku - En Halua Tietää (AWESOME!!!!!!!!)
4. PMMP - Rusketusraidat  (AWESOME!!!!!!!)
5. Britney Spears - Hit Me Baby One More Time (AWESOME!!!!!!)
6. Heavy Metal Perse - Legenda Taikamiekasta (AWESOME!!!!!)
7. Geri Haliwell - Look At Me (AWESOME!!!!)
8. N-Sync - Bye Bye (AWESOME!!!)
9. Madonna - American Pie (AWESOME!!)
10. Paffendorf - Be Cool (AWESOME!)
A universe where there was no War of Independence because British colonial policy was more enlightened. An American Civil War after which Lincoln wasn't assassinated. A Second World War in which Hitler was. Or where the whole planet was invaded by, I don't know, space lizards or something.

MDX

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 04:08:39 pm »
Youre better off staying ?????, if i find out who you are, you're so dead. In a living manner.

SomethingGood has great music taste. That is all.

Must get the new mars volta album. And grace is genius.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 04:23:29 pm »
hmmm... i just noticed that the thread says top 10 of all time, but the post says top 10 at the moment.. well mine is my top 10 at the moment... i dont have a clue what my top 10 all-time would be. :P

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 04:28:15 pm »
Yeah i noticed as i was clicking back on the post, i'm such a fool can i change the subject title? or am i gonna stay looking like an idiot?
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 04:28:58 pm »
if you edit your post you can edit the subject title i think, but it doesnt really matter :P

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 04:32:31 pm »
^_^ you have a way with words SomethingApt

Crack addict?? or maybe just very young  ^^

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 04:39:59 pm »
Damn hard! I'll probably miss some songs I really should put in. Let's see... (no order whatsoever)

1: Machinae Supremacy {Deus Ex Machinae} - Player One [This is probably the most appropriate song ever made to how I feel - being a gamer and feeling a little outcast but says how we are strong to myself]

2: Metronome {Unknown} - sekai wa minna boku no kataki [Translate as 'The Whole World Is My Enemy'. This is a remix of a earlier Metronome song which is a fantastic mix of heavy rock, trance and synth that is exciting but underlkyingly furious. The remix is even more powerful, especially when he's screaming "NO FUTURE! NO FUTURE!"]

3: Linkin Park {Hybrid Theory} - In The End [This will always be my LP song. I heard it played on the radio recently and it still managed to make me shiver. The words just get to me so deep]

4: Powerman 5000 {Tonight The Stars Revolt!} - When Worlds Collide [Like In The End, its an old track that for me will never get old. This is rioting music. It can only be played max volume]

5: The Mad Capsule Markets {010} - kumo [It means 'Clouds'. I have no idea of what is being sung/rap in this song, but the beautiful, chill-out, repeatitive melody just makes me melt.]

6: Metronome {1metronome} - Thank you for my everyday [To be honest I don't know whether this track is being sarcastic or not. I don't understand the words so I do'nt know whether he is actually thankful or whether he's mocking. That aside its an uplifting end to the album for me and makes me feel happier. Also, the count that goes through the song (1 to 100, then reset, 1 to 60) works, surprisingly.]

7: Mansun {little kix} - comes as no surprise [This is heartwrenching. It's so powerful. He sings about this woman he's lost but it sounds as if he's already accepted it, which makes it even more sad.]

8: Jimmy Eat World {Bleed American} - Hear You Me [More weeping here. This is a song that can make me cry even if I'm totally fine. So soft, so beautiful.]

9 : Muse {Origin of Symmetry} - Bliss [This is so sinister, yet so uplifting. The constant tinkling throughout moves it so well.]

10: Machinae Supremacy - The Great Gianna Sisters [When I first found Machinae, of all the songs available to download this was the first that was highlighted in my head. This was the flagship of where I am now. The sid-tune blended in to heavy metal was just the kind of genius I had always been looking for but never knew I was looking for.]

Dammit, I want more now. Mansion World by Deadsy, The Last Firstborn by Celldweller, in the story by Janne Da Arc, Gimmicks by Metronome should also be in there.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 04:43:21 pm by akakori-LASER »

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 04:40:42 pm »
^_^ you have a way with words SomethingApt

Crack addict?? or maybe just very young  ^^

Quote boxes help, Cad ;)

And mine are what my Top 10 of all time is at this moment that i'm thinking about it. I think.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 04:42:25 pm »

4: Powerman 5000 {Tonight The Stars Revolt!} - When Worlds Collide [Like In The End, its an old track that for me will never get old. This is rioting music. It can only be played max volume]

9 : Muse {Origin of Symmetry} - Bliss [This is so sinister, yet so uplifting. The constant tinkling throughout moves it so well.]

These are amazing songs, especially No.4  ;D  i like your taste in music akakori-LASER

and yes i know i should have used quotes but i'm a lazy bastard  ;)

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 05:06:53 pm »
Top 10 of the MOMENT, bizatches.

1 Date Course Pentagon Royal Garden - Mirror Balls (click that link mother fuckers) [Japanese free jazz]
2 Bathyscaphe - Air Pirate [American(?) instrumental rock; Rad said it was "creepy"]
3 Etro Anime - Danger [American trip-hop]
4 Low - California [American slowcore]
5 The Essex Green - Mrs. Bean [American '60s throwback indie rock]
6 Ocker - Do You Rock? [German electronica/post-vox]
7 The Radio Dept. - I Wanted You to Feel the Same [Swedish atmospheric pop]
8 The World/Inferno Friendship Society - Me vs. the Angry Mob [American cabaret punk]
9 Under the Influence of Giants - In the Clouds [American dance-rock]
0 Sky Cries Mary - Moonbathing [American prog-rock]

lolol magic is an americentric bastard

Youre better off staying Huh??, if i find out who you are, you're so dead. In a living manner.
It's Fraeon.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 05:10:34 pm by Shhijiashunang »
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Фраеон

• Je zuigt lul
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 06:00:11 pm »
Lies.
A universe where there was no War of Independence because British colonial policy was more enlightened. An American Civil War after which Lincoln wasn't assassinated. A Second World War in which Hitler was. Or where the whole planet was invaded by, I don't know, space lizards or something.

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 07:32:42 pm »
10. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody - Everyone knows this song- that's what makes it so great at the end of a long night out.
9. Coheed and Cambria - Three Evils (Embodied in Love and Shadow) - I'm not a fan of Coheed and Cambria, but I love this song. It's a passionate song, the vocals are beautiful and full of life. Out of all the songs that are associated (rightly or wrongly) with the emo style, I think this is one of the songs that shines through and anihilates the stereotypes. It's a joy to sing along to.
8. Daft Punk - Around the World - I've been a fan of Daft Punk since even before Discovery. Although I love their second album over their first, Around the World sealed the style that we could expect from the duo for the future. It's a very simple formula, but the different layers of music are expertly blended to create a lively disco-like rhythm that doesn't fail to disappoint almost ten years on.
7. Rage Against the Machine - Wake Up - Probably the most extravagant song from their self-titled album, this is a song that, despite being as long as it is, is a great highlight of the night at a club.
6. The Offspring - The Meaning of Life - The introduction (if you negate the Disclaimer) to The Offspring's fourth - and favorite - album. The writing is at it's best, and the time and comfort given to the band with a new record contract is not lost by Dexter Holland. The lyrics are clever and the music is razor sharp. The Meaning of Life is a powerful start to the album which - in my mind - best represents The Offspring.
5. Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness - From their first album, this is one of the more soulful songs from such a young, angry Manics. It's quite a melancholy song, but it's remembered with fond personal memories for me.
4. Freedom Call - Warriors - Warriors will always remind me of Warcraft- it seems to be popular when it comes to making videos of downing the biggest bosses such as Ragnaros. The melody is uplifting and the lyrics really get you in the mood for some slaying.
3. Rammstein - Du Hast - Every time I see Rammstein live, the atmosphere explodes when the introductory chimes of Du Hast are played by Flake. It's indescribable. Everything about the song is designed to be big, bold and rock-solid. The rhythm of the guitars are relentless and the vocals are nigh on operatic.
2. Machinae Supremacy - Cryosleep - This won't need much explaining. I enjoy the introduction taken from Pitch Black, it sets the mood for a song of fantastic proportions. Very hard hitting guitars, strings that give it an epic feel and a very nice taste in quotes to frame the lot.
1. Powerman 5000 - When Worlds Collide - It's difficult to explain the joy of this song. It's upbeat and simple, it has a disco-like tempo that you can dance to very easily. It's enhanced by the rip-roaring guitars and the voice tallent of Spider One, this really resonates with the rhythm and drives it even further. The science-fiction inspired lyrics also make the song feel new and modern, and makes the song feel fresh and joyous every time.

Smeagol

Re: Your top 10 songs at the moment
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 07:49:50 pm »
10. Frank Klepacki - Act on Instinct - Do I really need to explain this?
9. José González - Heartbeats - It is almost the ideal 'soft' song.
8. Sonata Arctica - The Misery - It's just beautiful.
7. Sparta - Collapse - This song has managed to help me get through some rough patches, it's a song that I find uplifting.
6. Jimmy Eat World - Work - See above
5. Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes - A song that gives me chills every time I listen to it. Truly great.
4. Machinae Supremacy - I Know the Reaper - The band at their finest. This and Reanimator played back to back is amazing.
3. Blind Guardian - Nightfall - A song very close to perfection. If it only it was slightly longer.
2. Värttinä - Kylä vuotti uutta kuuta - The vocals on this are almost otherworldly. Makes me wish I could speak Finnish.
1. Therapy? - Screamager - Relevant to everyone at some point in their lives, and how rare is that?