Author Topic: <Your band here> in anger...  (Read 4409 times)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
Re: <Your band here> in anger...
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 12:51:23 pm »
I don't have particular songs I listen to when I'm angry nor do I intentionally listen to music when I'm angry. However, last time someone ticked me off I was on my way to my car. When I'm in my car I listen to music. Always.

In my anger, the song that suited me that I wanted to hear was Machinae - Dreadnaught which I guess is slightly fitting.

I will make you see. I will never grant you ground, remember me and why you all bow down. :)

Yeah, Dreadnaught is a nice song for when you're angry. It's actually the only song I can think of that I'd pick if angry. I'm not angry very often. I don't usually have a reason to.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 06:53:42 pm »
When I'm angry I do actually get out t3h Linkin Park. So Emo, and yet so good at facing the problems on. I also have Untouchables by KoRn that I often listen to when I'm angry.

When I'm angry and want others to know that I am, I often played some Static-X, maybe even SpineShank.

This is all very old skool nu metal.

When I'm plain upset, I often sit in bed and listen in InMe or Mansun.

But if I'm angry and want to be happier I'll put in Metronome or Machinae. Metronome have a lively sound but dark undertones which is often the state I wanna get to out of anger. Machinae sound great and allow my mind to clear up. after that, light-hearted music comes on once I'm just about out of my mood.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 10:15:31 pm by akakori-LASER »

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2006, 09:39:14 pm »
My crying album is probably Generation Terrorists by the Manic Street Preachers. There's a good mix of angry and soulful songs on the album, and a fair dose of self-loathing. It's very good if you're in a selfishly-sad mood. And being a double album (weighing in at eighteen songs) it's long enough to saturate all those nasty feelings.

Mansun's Six is a similarly good album if you're feeling apathetic or self-destructive. It's manic and schizophrenic.

My all time favorite album, which I listen to in all moods is The Offspring's Ixnay on the Hombre. There isn't a single bad song on the album, it's cleverly written and it's Dexter Holland's favorite out of all the albums he's written as well. You can't say fairer than that.

My favorite metal album is probably Rammstein's Mutter. For a long time I prefered Sehnsucht, but it's difficult to deny just how well Mutter fits together. The songs aren't songs, they're more like parts of a symphony. It represents a difficult time for the band, but I think the emotion and the pressure have made a much better album. Each note mattered more. Rammstein rarely take themselves seriously, and you can tell they've put a lot of care and hard work into Mutter. It spawned five singles, each of which always finds it's way in to their live sets. Each of them are staple Rammstein tracks that fans demand live.

My feelgood album is probably Blink 182's Enema of the State. It's stupid, it's juvenile, it's generic but it's the ultimate summer album. All The Small Things was the only song that everyone sang along to inbetween sets at Reading in 2002. Even though most people were embarressed about it. The truth is that it is just a thoroughly enjoyable album.

The album I'm listening to at the moment is Killswitch Engage's Alive or Just Breathing. I haven't reached the end yet, but it manages to stirke a ballance between raw energetic screaming and passionate singing better than any band I've listened to so far. The music equally manages to ballance brutality with melody.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 12:03:57 am »
Killswitch is a good one !!

but mostly when im angry its more like :

Raised Fist
Bleeding Through
As i lay dying
36crazyfists
trivium..

but yeah.

I have a headphones and protect my ears at high volumes, and always wear ear protection on rehearsals with the band, so it's not likely im going to fuck that up just because im angry.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 12:36:31 am »
I don't listen to any band or sub genre in general when angry or experiancing any other emotion. I just grab some metal as I always do and stick it in the playlist.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 03:40:17 pm »
when i was reeeaaallly angry the week before I left I listened to

High Anxiety
Semi- Detatatched
Troublegum

3 albums by therapy. totally awesome. I felt a lot better after 2 days.

Offline Trias

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2006, 11:27:40 pm »
minor ress.. you know.

Metallica it seems.

>:(

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 01:00:01 am »
Hmm... I'm seldom angry for long periods of time. It's simply boring, methinks, and I make a point of getting along with people around me, which is hard to do when you're pissed off.
On the rare occasions when I'm angry and have access to music, early Metallica (particularly Kill 'em All, for obvious reasons ;) ) usually suit my needs, though anything hard and fast in my metal/punk collection will do - ranging from Dark Tranquillity to Turbonegro.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2006, 03:41:15 am »
Meh, im just listening to metal all the time basically.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2006, 05:21:28 pm »
When I'm really pissed, I usually go for some aggressive music with equally aggressive lyrics, such as the more aggressive songs by Children of Bodom. Dreadnaught is also a huge hit when you have a specific "target" to be mad at.
I also turn to aggressive Swedish punk bands, such as Rövfitta (means Asscunt, probably the best name for a punk band I've ever heard of, simple, yet perfect) with songs like Din Jävel and Människobajs (You Bastard and Manpoop), or Lok.
Another good punk song for angry moments is No Solution by the Chinese band SMZB (http://files.filefront.com/Smzb_No_Solutionmp3/;5060840;;/fileinfo.html).

When I'm just feeling a bit down I usually listen to Player One, and Sacred Bloody Steel by Sacred Steel.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 07:09:16 pm »
Tool. I just decided.

Most definitely
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

MDX

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2006, 07:10:35 pm »