Author Topic: sports  (Read 9834 times)

Offline Gambler

• Gamblers Maze
Re: sports
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 02:31:46 pm »
Biking is the most I think. I was a runner once, but gave it up after two years for no reason - now I'm somewhat to lazy to start again :(
Climbing mountains with my parents and siblings when I was little was kinda cool, and to ski :)
I've tried Karate for a summer, but it didn't kick in. Not my sort of sport I guess. But I love to play volleyball, beachvolleyball for the win :)

Just looked what parkour is .. looks like a lot of fun! :D
Regardless what they all say - the one who truly rules the world is the big old ancient slime

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 02:35:29 pm »
I've adored swimming since I was ickle. When I was 11 I passed my 1500m, which is 60 lengths of a 25m pool.
Shortly after that, I was old enough to get myself across town to Reading Central Pool, which has diving boards. I spent lots of Sunday afternoons there diving, and now I live in Sheffield I'm hoping to join the diving club to learn to do it properly. It's fecking scary though, because they have Olympic class facilities including a 10m platform and a 6m deep diving pit. I expect to crap myself on day one.

Smeagol

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 02:41:08 pm »
I do Taekwondo, started it six months ago.

MDX

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006, 02:58:51 pm »
Havent done a sport in years. I just drum all the time. Well used to, got a new kit so i am motivated to drum :P

Offline Spunky

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006, 03:12:05 pm »
Drumming is like a sport. Definately the most exercising of the rock instruments!
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 03:12:47 pm »
Sport!! Hahahahahaha.

I\\\'m actually a good archer and have my own bow and stuff, but I haven\\\'t been shooting for a couple of years :( Still love my bow though.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006, 03:21:58 pm »
Parkour is great fun ;D Made a Parkour-community as a school project earlier, but its not online now. Last summer me and two friends did some Parkour around where I live but one of then just moved to Japan so might be hard to do that now :-\
Well, it's fun alone too. But especially at the beginning it's nice to have some friends or more experienced traceurs around. If you really like parkour and want to find friends to do it with, you could go to www.le-parkour.se and try to find new people to do Parkour with. If you live in a city there's a good chance of there being other traceurs around that have accounts in there.

MDX

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2006, 03:22:17 pm »
Drumming is like a sport. Definately the most exercising of the rock instruments!

Except Air guitar.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2006, 03:25:09 pm »

Except Air guitar.

Oh yeah, my air guitar is huge. Will have to show you a piccie of it,

Got an air stand too.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

MDX

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2006, 03:25:59 pm »
Sweet setup.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2006, 03:36:31 pm »

Except Air guitar.

Oh yeah, my air guitar is huge. Will have to show you a piccie of it,

Got an air stand too.

You're just compensating for...other stuff.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 03:47:15 pm »
Sport!! Hahahahahaha.

I\\\'m actually a good archer and have my own bow and stuff, but I haven\\\'t been shooting for a couple of years :( Still love my bow though.
A modern bow or a real bow? I've got a wooden longbow and a longsword. Forgot to add medieval archery and cutting-various-things-of-different-sizes-into-pieces-using-a-longsword into my first reply to this thread.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2006, 03:50:17 pm »
You'll get along with Talhoffer, I'm quite sure. He likes to chop up his mates with a longsword. Calls it "reenactment fighting". Viking style.

If you've got a bit of knowledge about swordplay, you should recognice that name
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood

Offline Spunky

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2006, 04:07:32 pm »
What are those fucked up bows called? A compound or something? They are more like fire and forget missle launchers than bows.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2006, 05:22:32 pm »
Composite?

Composite bows are bows made from more than one piece/material. They have existed at least since the Roman Empire, as eastern roman auxillia archers sometimes had such. These weren't as adcanved as the ones we have today, with wheels and bowstrings five times longer than the bow itself, but they existed and were considered superior to normal bows of the same size.