Author Topic: What games do you play online?  (Read 13210 times)

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
Re: What games do you play online?
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2006, 09:22:00 pm »
You guys should try Starcraft, because if you suck in most strategy games you can play UMS maps (User map settings)!
starcraft>god himself.
um, Julmurl, I <3 SC ;D
*awesome strategy as Terran, use science vessles to shield dropships full of medics and marines, send the shilded ships into middle of base, and unleash hell.  Use stimpack and medics heal. works 9/10 times.
In Canada cats grow on trees

Offline Spunky

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2006, 10:58:14 am »
Less Blizzard talk, more Dawn of War talk!
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2006, 11:37:11 am »
I finally picked up Guild Wars again. Looks like they fixed it up a bit since I last played. I might even get Factions if the game remains fun for a while. I don't know, thought... Last time, when I got towards the end of the game and it forced me to start grouping with real people, it started to become a hassle. GW seemed to have the absolute worst player base in any game I've ever played. As in, worse than Counter-Strike and Starcraft put together. Also, a lot of the people I met were hyper-competitive. Lots of people would give out bad advice on purpose, hoping to give themselves a small advantage over everyone else. It just seemed like there was way too much competition and no cooperation.

But who knows. I'll give it another shot and see how it goes. Anyone else currently active? I have a 20 W/Mo that's ready for PvP, and I'm just starting a Mo/Me that's in pre-searing right now.

Offline Julmuri

• Can you live inside a box?
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2006, 03:22:59 pm »
You guys should try Starcraft, because if you suck in most strategy games you can play UMS maps (User map settings)!
starcraft>god himself.
um, Julmurl, I <3 SC ;D
*awesome strategy as Terran, use science vessles to shield dropships full of medics and marines, send the shilded ships into middle of base, and unleash hell.  Use stimpack and medics heal. works 9/10 times.
Ahaa! That strategy works! :P You play original Starcraft or brood war? BTW ZERLING RUSH!

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2006, 04:43:03 pm »
i used to play brood war, but the disk got wtfpwnt by a paper clip(please don't ask) so now i play regular. :P
UGHHHH, i hate ling rushes.  Especially because i always use terran.  I always start off poorly as terran cuz i let my minerals build up, so i'd have 4 marines and 800 minerals :(.  But if a survived long enough, i smoosh them :D.  I used to team up with a clan buddy(clan MM, i was like the third person to join ;D)his name was lorddrj2003 or something and he'd make battle cruisers and i'd spam seige tanks and we'd attack one guy at a time.  It was fun.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2006, 06:20:47 pm »
i used to play brood war, but the disk got wtfpwnt by a paper clip(please don't ask)
I'M ASKING
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2006, 07:09:42 pm »
damnit.  The disk got stuck in my old iMac, with the colors and shit yo, and.......yea, paperclips don't remove disks for computers.

I WAS YOUNG AND RECKLESS DON"T JUDGE ME

Smeagol

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2006, 07:40:07 pm »
Even for here, that's fucking retarded.

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2006, 11:56:01 pm »
Anyone remember those little rectangle shaped discs?

Yeah, I put one of those in an iMac once. Paperclips didn't help there either.
It was a school computer though, so who cares :P

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2006, 02:52:00 am »
I finally picked up Guild Wars again. Looks like they fixed it up a bit since I last played. I might even get Factions if the game remains fun for a while. I don't know, thought... Last time, when I got towards the end of the game and it forced me to start grouping with real people, it started to become a hassle. GW seemed to have the absolute worst player base in any game I've ever played. As in, worse than Counter-Strike and Starcraft put together. Also, a lot of the people I met were hyper-competitive. Lots of people would give out bad advice on purpose, hoping to give themselves a small advantage over everyone else. It just seemed like there was way too much competition and no cooperation.

But who knows. I'll give it another shot and see how it goes. Anyone else currently active? I have a 20 W/Mo that's ready for PvP, and I'm just starting a Mo/Me that's in pre-searing right now.

Just a warning, factions is a waste of money if you aren't in a large and active guild as all the new content is basically aimed at the large guilds and new alliance thing. On the topic of GW, they annouced a new expansion today.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Julmuri

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2006, 02:41:53 pm »
First time I played starcraft at my friends house like 5 years ago, then last year I brought it from my friend, but now I like playing UMS map more than 5 years ago.

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2006, 06:03:42 pm »
UMS maps are fun.  I would always play the RPG ones.  And the 7v1 hard comp.  thats fun tooooo

MDX

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2006, 11:34:55 pm »
TA is a godly game.. so godly..
If you really think so check this site http://taspring.clan-sy.com/ 8) That's godly and free!

Jeebus, just jeebus.

Offline Julmuri

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2006, 02:17:33 pm »
UMS maps are fun.  I would always play the RPG ones.  And the 7v1 hard comp.  thats fun tooooo
I like defence UMS maps. I like playing them and making them ;)

TA is a godly game.. so godly..
If you really think so check this site http://taspring.clan-sy.com/ 8) That's godly and free!

Jeebus, just jeebus.
You can actually use the normal TA's mods in it.

MDX

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2006, 05:42:24 pm »
My graphics card aintworking.. properly.. nvidia driver updates specifically for a geforce ti 4200 anyone? i've went on nvidia.com but i get lost in all the boxes, i don't know what im looking for seeing i havent done anything with my gfx card in years, stupid pc sucks.