7 (14.9%)
Fighting
3 (6.4%)
RTS
6 (12.8%)
Other
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: What kind of games do you play?  (Read 15660 times)

Offline Viherminttu

What kind of games do you play?
« on: July 09, 2006, 04:07:50 am »
Ive always wondered what kinds of games were popular. No the list isnt long, but theres an Other option  :P

tell meeeee...
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
Re: What kind of games do you play?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 04:21:05 am »
I play all of those.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 04:27:14 am »
I play all of those.
so do i, i just chose the one i play the most of. but i admit, im playing a lot more fighting games recently.
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 04:27:44 am »
I prefer semi-RPG adventure games and the genres it's commonly combined with, like platformer or FPS. Includes Legend of Zelda, Metroid Prime, Prince of Persia, Mario, etc. Yep, I'm a total Nintendo geek. Never ever owned a PS2.

I also like RPGs, but I have this bad habit where I always stop playing them when I can't do everything in the game or when I come upon a major choice in the game. I am (or was) an FF geek in this genre, and I prefer the classic turn-based fighting.

I haven't played an RTS for ages, but they're not bad. Warcraft II and Red Alert are among my favorite PC games. I'm not that into FPSes. Never liked CS. Serious Sam is the shit, though. Fighting games aren't really my thing either. I like SSBM, but I suck at Soul Calibur.

Actually, I've never played an MMO.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 04:33:06 am by Cerapter »
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Smeagol

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 04:29:25 am »
RPG/RTS almost solely.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 04:55:32 am »
RPG/RTS almost solely.
With some fps, and mmo stuff

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 04:59:11 am »
RPG/FPS, then. I voted for RPGs because I play them more often.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 07:52:34 am »
Any games that I find fun.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 10:16:13 am »
why doesnt darwinia get a category?  that game deserves its own category.

Offline Trias

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 11:41:29 am »
I pretty much play everything (c64-amiga-pc), probably least fighting and sports games (unless, in the old days, california games & co... good times). What I've played most in the last years was probably FPS (battlefield) and 'other' (civ 3 & 4). Still couldn't make a choice...

Offline Spiff

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 12:42:50 pm »
Like Ankle, I play anything I find fun. The only genres I'm not into are realistic sports/racing/flight and managment games (Sim City, The Sims... except for Roller Coaster Tycoon).

Anything from Kid Icarus to Katamari Damacy, really. Quake 3, Advance Wars, Equinox, Lufia, Super Mario Bros, DDR, Secret of Mana, GGXX#R, Darwinia, F-Zero X and Shadow of the Colossus are all great games. Can't pick a single genre I play more right now... the last game I played was Crazy Taxi.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 02:27:53 pm »
So...do we vote for what we're playing recently, or what we've played most overall? Or which one we enjoy playing the most?
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Smeagol

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 03:38:39 pm »
RPG/RTS almost solely.
With some fps, and mmo stuff

I just really haven't ever gotten 'into' an MMO and FPS games I find dull and samey.

Offline Фраеон

• Je zuigt lul
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 03:44:35 pm »
623+S, j.S, j.P, j.S, JC, j.S, j.P, j.S

If you deciphered the secret code, you've already figured out what my current favourite genre is.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 03:46:17 pm by フラエオン »
A universe where there was no War of Independence because British colonial policy was more enlightened. An American Civil War after which Lincoln wasn't assassinated. A Second World War in which Hitler was. Or where the whole planet was invaded by, I don't know, space lizards or something.

Offline Drain

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2006, 05:00:20 pm »
Earlier I played lots of RPGs around the time Fallout 1-2 and Baldurs gate was released. If you count diablo 1-2 as RPGs you can add those too. Ive always loved RTSs too aspecialy Starcraft. But imo no game nearly as good as Starcraft has been released in that genre since Starcraft and that was like 8-9 years ago or something so dont play them much now either. Played some Counter Strike from around beta 5 to around 1.3. Love other FPSs like quake and UT etc but I suck at them ;e I just like watching it being played. Right now or the last few years ive mostly played MMOs when ive had time ranging from months with 14h/day to like now when I have about 5 hours a week of time over for games :P