7 (14.9%)
Fighting
3 (6.4%)
RTS
6 (12.8%)
Other
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: What kind of games do you play?  (Read 15223 times)

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
Re: What kind of games do you play?
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2006, 09:06:09 am »
There's no particular favourite genre for me when it comes to games. Here are some favourites or games currently played on most played categories:

FPS - currently only game of this genre that's installed on my PC is Far Cry. I like more FPS' with tactical twist in them. This means games like Flashpoint, Ghost Recon, and Battlefield series. I don't like jump-around FPS.

RPG - currently I play Mount & Blade which is kind on semi-RPG or medieval combat simulation. It's great turkish indiegame that I got hooked on. It's still beta but very addictive and playable. Then I'm playing Popomundo. Sims-series can be seen as somekind of RPG-management game - I like it lot, not much as my wife does, thou. I like RPG's lot both on computer and in paper-pen-and-dice-versions.

RTS/Strategy : Civilization series, Empire Earth, Hearts Of Steel, Age Of Empires, Steel Panthers and so on. Currently not playing none of them but I play them every now and then when inspiration occurs.

Racing games : Flatout, Need For Speed-series, Rally Trophy and so on. Currently playing Flatout and NFS Most Wanted.

Emulator games : C64 all the way :D Occasionally some Amiga games.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2006, 11:12:08 am »
I didn't really play a lot during the summer. The only things I played were the demos of Dark Messiah and Prey. I even quit playing WoW before the summer vacation and, even though I was supposed to start playing it a gain, have found it hard to start paying Blizzard money so that I can get ganked again. I've got to playing games again recently, though. The games I'm playing right now are Ninja Gaiden on the xbox, Thief 2: the metal age and the occasional game of Halo 2 on xbox live when I get frustrated of getting my ass kicked in Ninja Gaiden.

The games I play right now are just a small part of all the games I like. Like I said, I've cut down my gaming quite a bit since starting serious work on my Pen&Paper rpg project and beginning to do stuff, you know, outside.

My favourite games ever are probably the thief-series, even the third one, Morrowind (haven't played the earlier elder scrolls-games, should probably. Oblivion is good too but not enough to be mentioned in the list), Baldur's Gate 1&2, Total War series, Little big adventure 1, Hitman-series, Master of Orion 2 (I've got the third lying around somewhere, haven't really played it yet), Civilization-series, Deus Ex, Warcraft III, Halo:CE, Steel Panthers and the Close combat series.

Future games that I'm interested in include Assassin's Creed (because we really haven't got enough thief/hitman copies or Prince of persia-games from Ubisoft), the new indiana jones game (that euphoria-thing sounds great, I just hope it works), Medieval total war 2  and Halo 3.

Offline Copper

• Average Stalker (clische)
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2006, 03:58:04 pm »
MMORPG; Ultima Online at a freeshard (not anymore)
RTS; Rome Total War and addons
RPG; Elderscrolls series, Final Fantasy series, lots of semiRPG's like Zelda
FPS; Red Orchestra and CoD2

I love some action games, old retro games and some driving games.

I gave my vote to RPG's since I had good time with Morrowind+addons and Oblivion.
Meh weekly top 5 artists:

\,,/_(0_.)_,,