7 (14.9%)
Fighting
3 (6.4%)
RTS
6 (12.8%)
Other
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: What kind of games do you play?  (Read 16042 times)

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
Re: What kind of games do you play?
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2006, 10:35:07 pm »
So...do we vote for what we're playing recently, or what we've played most overall? Or which one we enjoy playing the most?

why not answer all 3?

I asked what we are to VOTE for. Silly. :P
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2006, 01:24:50 am »
no one voted for RTSs.  Why is that???? HUH??? i'd change my vote if i could.  Mabey i can and i haven't tried.  I like the strategy bit, it's what im usually good at.
In Canada cats grow on trees

Offline Spunky

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2006, 11:43:24 am »
I'll tell you why. The only good RTS is Dawn of War and you can't say you like a genre from one game. The last RTS i played before that was CnC: Generals which i wasn't massively taken by (The expansion made it a million times better).

In the days of RA2 and such, i would have definately put RTS.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2006, 11:54:05 am »
to answer my own question

i havent been gaming for very long. a few years maybe. my boyfriend at the time introduced me to Warcraft 2, 3 and Starcraft. Then WoW came out. Goodbye life. We broke up and it was something I continued on my own. Mostly I play MMOs. WoW and Guild Wars were my biggest time sinks. Then I discovered fighting games. Soul Calibur and Soul Calibur 2; Bloody Roar 1, 2, 3 and 4; King of Fighters: Maximum Impact... You get the picture. Im also known to be a whore for American McGee's Alice and Morrowind.

Throughout it all, though I dont really think of these as video games anymore, Ive been an avid DDR and PPP fan.

The first FPS Ive ever picked up is Deus Ex. I suck at it :P I want to get better at FPS games, but I have no idea where to start. Ill probably just LAN with my household on the weekends.
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Spunky

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2006, 12:01:03 pm »
Most important thing in online FPS gaming. Learn to remain calm. It takes a long time to truely learn it but once your calm, the bullets hit the head like one foot infront of the other.

My first FPS was CS and my last fps was... CS... over many many years. I dabling in other things along the way, RtcW: ET, AvP2, BF (and mods) but CS was always the great teacher of life.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2006, 12:24:52 pm »
i watch my boyfriend play FPS and my jaw drops. Ill never be as good as him, but fuck its awesome to dream :D
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Spunky

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2006, 12:26:53 pm »
I said the same before i started. I then owned them...

You never known till you practise it :P

Offline Drain

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2006, 01:01:18 pm »
I'll tell you why. The only good RTS is Dawn of War and you can't say you like a genre from one game. The last RTS i played before that was CnC: Generals which i wasn't massively taken by (The expansion made it a million times better).

Starcraft is the best game ever made :( Think you forgot about it. No other RTS has so much variation and so good balance. Even now 8-9 years after release new startegies and new maps are being made and in korea its still the biggest progaming-game. No sport ive ever watched on TV has compared to watching a starcraft game live on a bigscreen with two realy skilled players. The inovative moves they make and how there is always something happening (unlike football where a whole game can go without a goal ;( ) makes it much more exciting and fun to watch imo if you know the game.

Had 30GB of starcraftgames on my comp earlier ^^ Recorded from Korean gaming-TV. But lost it when I had to format my comp :/
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 01:03:32 pm by Drain »

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2006, 01:15:36 pm »
I play quite a lot of different kinds of games, mostly FPS and RPG but I like other kinds of games too, the Myst-series for example. And The thief-trilogy are my favourite games ever, it's a pity there's no more coming.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2006, 01:21:51 pm »
Unfortuantely i've never played starcraft. Infact i thought it was an FPS so that shows how much i know on the RTS scene lol. My favourite RTs of all time is undoubtedly Total Annihilation, really excited about Supreme Commander.

Offline Gambler

• Gamblers Maze
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2006, 07:28:19 pm »
I play nearly everything I can get my hands on. But the love goes towards the RPGs, followed by Adventures and FPS.
Regardless what they all say - the one who truly rules the world is the big old ancient slime

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2006, 07:38:46 pm »
once you become relatively good at an fps, thingss just come naturally to you.  Like you know what cover will get you the best shot at generic enemy #1.  You rarely think about it.  You also obtain your very own controll scheme that you will always know(WASD, space jump etc).  I can take a bullet or two in consol games, but in comp game(which im not used to cuz i have a mac) I can get really jump and trigger happy.  When i played CS source, i was a terrorist w/ a shotgun and i was the last guy, and the last CT guy was running dow a hallway w/ the hostages.  I killed him...and two of the hostages.
In Canada cats grow on trees

Offline Miles_Ex_Machina

• Sven Vollfied, once gentleman, always a gentleman
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2006, 10:33:07 pm »
I used to play Ragnarok Online for quite some time - like two years or so. Man, that's some serious time drain, takes ages till you get to 80 at least - it's even worse afterwards.

I'm pretty good at FPS games. I used to take the 1st place at Enemy Territory quite often. Nothing beats the good-old covert ops techniques. 8) Man, medics and bazooka soldiers are the most powerful classes in the game, but not as fun to play as Engineers, LTs and Covert Ops.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 02:25:19 pm by Miles_Ex_Machina »

Love kills time, time kills love...

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2006, 06:39:17 am »
I said the same before i started. I then owned them...

You never known till you practise it :P
i spose i should start playing huh? :P

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2006, 12:23:33 pm »
repeated from the beginning:

Why doesnt darwinia have its own category?  that game is pwn.

and as for other games... i hate zelda.  all the zelda games.

bull fucking shit.

*maybe* its the only good CURRENT rts.  you want to hear a great rts?  a classic rts?  an RTS that reveals how much of a cheap shitty ripoff starcraft is?  i'll tell you, right here, right now.
Total Annihilation.

god, i cant wait for supreme commander.  my pants get wet everytime i see the vids for it.

also, in terms of RTS games, i think you're forgetting RTT games, most notably the Total War series.  Rome: Total War is a blast, and i can't wait for Medieval: Total War 2.  I already have a shirt, picked it up at E3.