7 (14.9%)
Fighting
3 (6.4%)
RTS
6 (12.8%)
Other
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: What kind of games do you play?  (Read 15229 times)

Offline Miles_Ex_Machina

• Sven Vollfied, once gentleman, always a gentleman
Re: What kind of games do you play?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 05:33:39 pm »
Like multiplayer and MMO games. They're just usually so much more interesting than the regular single PC games, due to a more intelligent oppsosition ( well most of the times :D ) I guess.

Hate sport games: if I wanted to play a beach volley, I'd went to the beach. Although there is one sport game I enjoyed very much: "Jet Set Radion Future" for regular X-Box. But it's so much more than just rollerscating, so... ::) Soundtrack is very cool as well, although I'm not much into hip-hop it still does "rock". :P

Used to play lots of classical RPG's, but since they never had an interesting battle system I can't really differ one from another. So I don't play 'em no more. The one and true classical RPG was Fallout series, but since Interplay went down the drain recently, no sequel is expected, even if there will be one it'll be done by a diffirent team, and that proves to be a shame most of the time.

Love FPSRPG like System Shock 2 and Deus Ex (first one offcourse, second one is crap). Can't wait for Hellgate: London. Gee, I require an upgrade, right here, right now. :P

Would like strategy games, if there were more titles like X-Com, TA and Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. Too bad Sci-Fi isn't very popular with game developers nowadays.

Love kills time, time kills love...

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 06:26:54 pm »
no sequel is expected
Bethesda ;_;
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Kobi

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2006, 07:23:44 pm »
FPS mostley, and RTS. There's nothing I like more then Half Life 2 Deathmatch. Simple and uncomplicated ^^ But I have a few RPG's as well, oblivion is one but its so big I rarely find time for it. Best RTS will always be Total Annihilation! :D

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2006, 07:25:10 pm »
fps ftw.  I like them the most, because they're simple and fun and i have a short attention span. ;D
In Canada cats grow on trees

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2006, 10:58:11 pm »
I play all of the suggested genres, so I'll just list 'em all.

FPS - Love the adrenaline rushes and the multiplayer friendliness. Last game I played was HL2:Episode One

MMO - I play WoW. No need to say any more.

RPGs and Fighting games - Almost the only games I own on my PS2 and GC are either fighters or RPGs. I'm also getting a Neo Geo arcade this summer, for some more fighting games.

RTS - StarCraft, Dawn of War and CnC:Generals are the most common games played over the LAN I have at home.

Other - I loves myself some oddities, too. For example I was deeply addicted to X2:The Threat (space sim) for a while. Turn based strategy (Civ and HoMM series) are always a hit.

Right now fighters, FPSs and WoW are my major timesinks (not counting bullshitting in places like this).
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Armakuni

• ARMAKUNI [SAYS]
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 01:06:10 am »
play all sorts too, but thats because it doesnt matter as long as the game is good...obviously

Offline Miles_Ex_Machina

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2006, 01:22:07 am »
Other - I loves myself some oddities, too. For example I was deeply addicted to X2:The Threat (space sim) for a while.

Damn, how could I forget it. I love privateer type games as well. Playing Hard Truck Apocalypse at the moment. It's very cool, reminds me of Vangers: One for the Road, but then less paranoid... :P

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 02:38:27 am »
I'm good at first person shooters, and i like them a lot, but i LOVE RTSs, even though i'm not very good at them.  I tend to save up money instead of buying units, then get raped by the comp.  In StarCraft, I would have 4 marines and a vulture, and the comp would flood me w/ hydras, but i would still have enough money to by 3 battle crusiers.

Offline Miles_Ex_Machina

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2006, 12:34:09 pm »
All you need to do to defend yourself in SC as a terran is to buy some tanks with a siege mode and build some rocket turrets. Not a soul will live through to see the HQ, trust me. Terrans are pretty weak at attacking, but at defence they're gods.

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2006, 12:58:08 pm »
So...do we vote for what we're playing recently, or what we've played most overall? Or which one we enjoy playing the most?

why not answer all 3?
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 02:38:48 pm »
This has practically all changed since World of Warcraft. You can't pin me down to one genre, but here we go:

Me and SpiderChii play a lot of RPGs, like Final Fantasy and Grandia
I play a lot of driving games, like Sega Rally and Gran Turismo
I also like older platformers like Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario World.
I also like 3D adventures / platformers like Tomb Raider, Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 03:19:33 pm »
When i started PC gaming i was a die hard RTS player. Then when i got my next computer i dropped all my RTS games and took up FPS. During my time i dabbling in a couple of MMO's and RPG's but classed them as too time consuming to play properly. Then WoW was released and i haven't really played an FPS since.

Games i play now:

-WoW
-Second Life
-Dawn of War
-Planetside
-Freelancer
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 04:53:43 pm »
I really gotta get back in to playing DoW. I never did get used to the game balance in WA though - really messed up my skillz :(

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2006, 06:24:57 pm »
i really want to play DoW, cuz i acctually have a space marine army so i can relate.  It looks a very nice.
I don't play many games anymore, mostly because i don't have any and i don't really want to play anything on teh PS2. I play america's army sometimes, and i used to play WoW, and i used to have CoD, but there was a problem with it because of the new intel chippy things in the new macs.  None of the fun games i had before(StarCraft, Age of Empires II, Tropico, Aliens vs Preditors) work on my new computer, so i usually play internet games, sad i know.  I'm spending most of my time sketching, biking, and Warhammer.

Lexx

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2006, 06:46:35 pm »
A tiny little bit of everything..

Lx,
Casual gamer.