Author Topic: SidStation question  (Read 2212 times)

Offline ftr2k5

SidStation question
« on: July 07, 2006, 01:15:13 pm »
I've had a wee look, but I haven't been able to find much about it. I'm wondering about how this works: is it a stand-alone synthesiser, or is it used like a guitars effect pedal would be?

If the latter, how would it sound if you plugged a guitar through it instead of a keyboard?

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
Re: SidStation question
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 01:27:58 pm »
keyboard synthesizer.  its not an effect pedal, it creates its own sounds.  and its hella expensive.

Offline amj

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 03:34:39 pm »
The actual SiD station is basically a box (i think) with some controls on it. You can plug a keyboard in to act as a controller. Then to get different sounds you just change the patch on the box (again, I THINK), although you can change patch on the controller as well.

If you wanna try it out, it's easier to just *ahem* "buy" the QuadraSiD VST plugin. Then you can just install that into some kind of audio program (Fruityloops, logic etc) and then just plug a keyboard in and BAM! instant SiD.

You can add me to msn so I can "show you were to buy" the plugin *wink wink nudge nudge* ;)

amj_8831@hotmail.com

Offline Niccho

• Trying is the first step towards failure
    • -Niccho-
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 05:12:50 pm »
OR you can download free unknown64, which is ok too

Offline ftr2k5

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 03:01:56 am »
s'ok Amj, I know where to "buy" things :P

Thanks for the input guys =)

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 09:30:08 pm »
The actual SiD station is basically a box (i think) with some controls on it. You can plug a keyboard in to act as a controller. Then to get different sounds you just change the patch on the box (again, I THINK), although you can change patch on the controller as well.

If you wanna try it out, it's easier to just *ahem* "buy" the QuadraSiD VST plugin. Then you can just install that into some kind of audio program (Fruityloops, logic etc) and then just plug a keyboard in and BAM! instant SiD.

You can add me to msn so I can "show you were to buy" the plugin *wink wink nudge nudge* ;)

amj_8831@hotmail.com

<3