Author Topic: So, I thought I would irritate Rad and create my very own 10000 posts thread  (Read 8639 times)

Smeagol

Well, looks like I've finally hit 10000. And what fun it has been.

For almost 2 and half years, I've been around, and generally annoyed you all. Suprisingly, so many of you have taken it in good grace, which is a testament to how welcoming this place is. I've seen the forum greats come and go, I may even have been a reason for some of them leaving. But, always, has the forum moved on, because of the ever growing community we have here. I can't really put this into words easily. Really, I almost grew up around the forum, and, hell, does it show.

To the mods, you have all done an incredible job, keeping this forum (mostly) clear of trolls and excessive spam. Without you, this place wouldn't be half as fun as it is now.

To the band, you are the reason we are here. We are legion, and we are rabidly devoted.

To Refic (and I suppose Hazul). The work you both put into the forum, in both incarnations has not gone unnoticed, neither, shall it go unthanked.

And finally, to those of you who remain (as of yet) untouched by modship or any other special features. You form the backbone of the community and are just as important as the mods. Without you all, the fourm would really not have a purpose. The official forum of a band can look as shiny as it wants, but without numerous members, it is worthless.

Now that's out of the way, let's make sure this thread still has a purpose (gimmick). If I can, I will give my opinion on whoever posts. Of course, this should mean little to most of you, but at least I can say I tried.

Here's to another few years.

PS: Lexx, sorry I failed to delete my account
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 12:20:29 am by Fiindil »

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
Well, congratulations, then.

Talhoffer will now drink to you. I will only have a Capri-Sonne Orange. And give you an applaud for reaching such a milestone of dubious worth.

And have fun giving your opinion of me.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 12:21:50 am by PullusCalidus »
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
* talhoffer drains a glass of port in Fiindil's honor
Congrats Fiindil! 10000 posts, and still the world hasn't come to an end yet.

*looks out the window* Oh, fuck. It's raining blood and a reality vortex has just opened on my veranda. Oh, well, guess I don't have to worry about going to work tomorrow then  ;)

*ambles off to bed*
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
Congratulations. Also awesome speech. I'll say something deep and thought provoking later, I'm going to bed now.

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
* Trezker continously pokes Fiindil on the shoulder with a pencil.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
I vote for making the 10k post mark into a "Fiindil" rank.
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
who am iiiiii?

hey, on the bright side, only 90K more to go until you hit 100k!

Smeagol

Well, time to activate gimmick mode.

Torp: You. You are an odd one. On the one hand, based solely on your forum persona, you are an egomaniac. But, having talked to you over Skype a few times, I know better than that. I know you are an amusing egomaniac, the best kind. ;)

Talhoffer: For some odd reason, you remind me of Terry Pratchett. I have no idea why that is, but the thought of a Norse Terry Pratchett is not a bad one.

Bateman: Truly, your sense of humour is great beyond words, and that is also combined with the occasional wise words of wisdom.  A true forum great.

Trezker: You need to post far more often, and post more pics of the Jesus beard. In all honesty, I don't think you've ever changed since I joined, which is in itself quite a remarkable feat. One of the few who have stayed here throughout my entire time. Congratulations.

Cerapter: You haven't been here that long, and seem to trying to push your way into the ranks of the regulars. Switching links around like you did with the sig images during the 'Things' period is easily the way to go about it.

Not12x: You are somewhat of an enigma. After to talking to you for as long as I have, I still feel as if I have barely scratched the surface. But what I have seen shows promise.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
Me, egomaniac? I can't see where you get that from.

Okay, so I can. About every non-serious (and some of the serious) post I post.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood

Smeagol

Me, egomaniac? I can't see where you get that from.

Obviously the smiley is not enough to convey sarcasm.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
No, it wasn't. Truth is, I am actually slightly self-obsessed. Not by far as much as I come off as in here (well, if you take all that I say deadly serious, at least - which you know you should not. Not at all), but that's because I overdo some of my character traits in the name of self-parody in here at times.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
Wow, that was quite a post. Congratz on the 10kship. You should be sent a degree certificate in the post, or at least Redeemer :p I didn't know you in your early spammy days and I rejoined the forums just as, I believe, you had calmed the fuck down but since then it's been a pleasure to be in this community with you. Your contribution has made a huge chunk of this forum what it is and will hopefully continue to be. You are one of the many reasons I can always rely on this place to keep me sane (despite its inherent insanity :)). So, well, Thanks.

This:
You form the backbone of the community and are just as important as the mods.

of course, is a lie, but thanks for making them feel like they serve some purpose.  :P

Smeagol

Wow, that was quite a post. Congratz on the 10kship. You should be sent a degree certificate in the post, or at least Redeemer :p

SUFFER ETERNALLY!

This:
You form the backbone of the community and are just as important as the mods.

of course, is a lie, but thanks for making them feel like they serve some purpose.  :P

Vivé la Resistance!

Laser, you could almost be considered the one level-headed forummer. Ok, I say level-headed, one of the few who doesn't get too carried away with all the little fads and the like. Honestly, you were a good choice for modship, removing posts and threads that are purely spam, or just plain useless, takes some discipline and common sense, two things you seem to have almost in abundance.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
Now, in keeping with my forum personality, I would lik to point out that I, too, have these character traits in abundance. Because, you know, I am in fact perfect and all that.

You still haven't gotten your copy of Redeemer? I do hope you've cheated by now and gotten mp3s?

And I know I serve no purpose. I do not need to. Serving a purpose means that you are not a master of yourself, that you are a tool for something else, something greater than yourself.

(oh, I liked that one. Turning not serving a purpose from "you're just waste" to "you're superior". Which does show off my superiority)

The other non-mods do, however, serve a purpose. The very noble and great purpose of entertaining me. (the purpose of the mods is, of course, to remove the uninteresting topics and so save my purposeless time)

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
Ergo, you desire seeing pikachu boobs all over the place.
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.