Author Topic: People who annoy you  (Read 14743 times)

MDX

People who annoy you
« on: June 28, 2006, 02:53:45 pm »
Probably putting my head on a bullseye here but i saw it on another forum i go on now and then (nothing compares to this forum tbh. its been tried and tested, and fought the law, won etc) saw this and thought it would be a cool thing to talk about, get to know a bit more about who we like and dont like, without becoming idiots and off topicing completely ( o/ hello there )

The kinda people who annoy me mainly are the ones i see on a day to day basis, because if i was to list ALL the types of people that truly annoy me, i would scrub em all and bring it down to this one; small minded folk; people who only see one colour, one way about problems etc, sectarism and racism is something thats so big in Northern Ireland its kinda scary, but mostly just pathetic and sickening. I could not imagine how people can SERIOUSLY turn around and call somebody a paki bastard etc and truly have hatred for them, i don't even believe hate is possible in the most extreme of cases. I know youd think "boringgg" if i was to say i have friends of different races, but i do, plenty plenty of them. And it's not that i was brought up in that way, i just made my own decisions like everybody does, and always has those choices for their lifetime.

I think its dumb to choose racism and prejudice over being an open minded person. GO FORTH! SPEAK!

i gotta go find a fuckin job now. ffs.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
Re: People who annoy you
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 02:56:43 pm »
everyone? nah i dont really hate anyone except findiil cos he stole my commie style ;)

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 03:10:26 pm »
I can't stand people who prefer conforming to expressing.

Execs of companies who insist on controlling what their plebs wear come to mind.

I have much more respect for someone who has taken the time to consider their appearance and identity rather than dressing and acting to fit in with everyone else.

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 05:08:19 pm »

Execs of companies who insist on controlling what their plebs wear come to mind.

I have much more respect for someone who has taken the time to consider their appearance and identity rather than dressing and acting to fit in with everyone else.

I specificaly hate verbal conforming.
the people who ask the same boring questions day in and day out and get the same answers and seem to be perfectly satisfied with it.
I will never answer "good" to "how are you?"
always try to come up with something different, to keep things interesting.

language is a massive thing, don't just choose a few words people... mix and match!

Offline Spiff

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 05:33:17 pm »
Everyone dislikes those who disagree with them. After all, your beliefs are the ones you consider superior to everyone else's, thus anyone sharing your beliefs, interests, motives or goals ranks highly to you. At least, that's what I understand is the basis of like and dislike; though a very primitive and broad assumption, I find some truth in it.

Morals according to me state that it's wrong supporting or performing acts that damage other people, mentally or physically, no matter how small. A great many things goes into this category; racism is merely an example of an extreme of it.

I dislike those who trade critical thought for blind faith, empathy for prejudice, love for hate. I dislike people who throw their lives away because it's the only one they have; I value mine, because it's the only one I have.

Offline Sirix

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 06:22:52 pm »
it's funny how the Machinae Supremacy forums seem to be a beacon for goodness.
Well, except Magicman.

Is it people who listen to Machinae Supremacy happen to have good morals?
or is the band's music powerful enough to change our opinions... to stand out from the crowds, be a hero, market freedom.

are we being unique in our thoughts, or are we being, on some level, molded?

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 06:40:43 pm »
I hate people that pass judgement on things they know jack shit about. I joined the Overclockers Australia forums and some of the members got wind of me being a furry. Myself and my boyfriend (also from OCAU) were trolled on one of our furnet IRC channels (I oped the damn channel, so they lose). To be honest it amused me more than anything, but after months of snide comments, and people lying and bitching about me behind my back (one particular person Ive never even spoken to, but claimed I bitched them out on msn. wtf?), it really started to tick me off.

Dude. None of you know what a furry is. All those people on OCAU that are nice to me, and are best of friends with you? Yeah. Did you know that most of them are furries? No? yeah well you lose.

And while Im on the subject of people who tick me off. People who call themselves friends, yet blatantly call my best friend a self-centered attention whore, because apparently theyre very good at reading people, need to SHUT THE FUCK UP. Because i -know- where you live, and I know which bus to catch to get there in 20 minutes. Dont you -dare- badmouth my best friend again. Not to her boyfriend, not to me, not to anyone, because if I catch you, I will show you -why- I have a reputation for being dangerous.

...wow I am a fountain of misplaced rage.

anyway. on here? no one successfully pissed me off yet  ;D

* Dimruthien shuts up now
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 06:52:07 pm by Dimruthien »
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 06:53:42 pm »
I also dislike people passing judgement on things that don't affect them.

The bigotry on the WoW forums in January over the GLBT friendly guild incident brought out so much prejudice in people. If it doesn't directly affect you, why have an opinion on it, and why feel obligated to express it? This is my view on the gay marriage issue in America. Minority group issues must never be put to a public vote, because the result cannot be trusted when much of the public are poorly informed or biased. Of course, it's put to a public vote in America because in many states it's certain it will lose.

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 06:55:27 pm »
I hate the dutch... err... jk

Recently I've had reason to hate people who watch football. They've been quite noisy certain nights.

I also hate all the people that are so damn hapy about the hot summer and insist that I feel the same way even when they well know the heat is killing me.

We better not forget to hate the email spammers. If there's any crime that should have death penalty...

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Smeagol

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 07:10:21 pm »

Sounds like a challenge to me.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 07:15:44 pm »
Well, except Magicman.
What?

Hmm, people who annoy me. I won't say hate because I can count on one hand the number of people I actually hate, but plenty of things annoy me. Like... people who I can't argue with, because they're incapable of seeing past the end of their noses. But there's an easy fix for that; just turn around and do something else.

I guess it's different for me because I've never actually been persecuted against.

I will say, though, that one thing I cannot stand, and, yeah, going into the realm of those few things I hate, is blind prejudice. Whether it be racism, anti-GLBT sentiment, or, yeah, even anti-religious sentiment, it sends the Fires of Righteousness coursing through my veins.

What gets me the most is that many of racists, gay-haters, etc, know damn well that we're all 99% genetically identical and there's no reason at all to behave the way they do - yet they still do it.

It scares me. It really does. If you're one of those people who bitches about horror movies and such not scaring you, delve into social issues. It'll work. I guarantee it.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 07:55:52 pm »

What if I have to wear conformist clothing on the job but see to it that it still has enough individuality?

On the topic of verbal conformity, I've never experienced that first-hand. Must be an American thing.

[rant]
What really annoys me right now are all those people with Germany flags on their cars. And those are a lot. What does the flag of a country (and one with a quite troubled history) has to do with the performance of a football team? Or even with the world cup? It's just a fucking game, get a grip, damnit! There's no relation at all! If you want to celebrate the world cup, buy a flag with the official FIFA world cup logo. But this pitiful attempt at wrong patriotism just shows that some (even most) people haven't learned shit from history. If people are that spineless to follow a laughable trend to wave millions of flags for a stupid game, they'll surely would follow any dictator into doom. Visit the Dachau memorial and show some decency, morons! Even if the flag would only be a symbol for the country as it is now, I wouldn't dare to mutilate my beautiful car with one. Maybe, maybe, if Germany managed to do something against the billions of national debts, the unemployment and the fucked educational system I might consider a tiny bumper sticker.
[/rant]

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 08:00:50 pm »
I wouldn't call that an "attempt at wrong patriotism". What I would call wrong patriotism is, recently in the US we had massive demonstrations protesting immigration reform, mostly by Mexican immigrants (both legal and illegal). So what did these people wave around? Mexican flags, of course!

Why they didn't get the idea to wave US flags is beyond me.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Chaosopher

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 08:06:45 pm »
I just plain hate being told how I ''should'' do anything.
Really gets my back up.

Offline Sirix

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 08:32:18 pm »
I hate people that pass judgement on things they know jack shit about. I joined the Overclockers Australia forums and some of the members got wind of me being a furry. Myself and my boyfriend (also from OCAU) were trolled on one of our furnet IRC channels (I oped the damn channel, so they lose). To be honest it amused me more than anything, but after months of snide comments, and people lying and bitching about me behind my back (one particular person Ive never even spoken to, but claimed I bitched them out on msn. wtf?), it really started to tick me off.

Dude. None of you know what a furry is. All those people on OCAU that are nice to me, and are best of friends with you? Yeah. Did you know that most of them are furries? No? yeah well you lose.

And while Im on the subject of people who tick me off. People who call themselves friends, yet blatantly call my best friend a self-centered attention whore, because apparently theyre very good at reading people, need to SHUT THE FUCK UP. Because i -know- where you live, and I know which bus to catch to get there in 20 minutes. Dont you -dare- badmouth my best friend again. Not to her boyfriend, not to me, not to anyone, because if I catch you, I will show you -why- I have a reputation for being dangerous.

...wow I am a fountain of misplaced rage.

* Dimruthien shuts up now

I know what you mean about Furries, Dim.
a lot of people somehow think that it's a sick fetish or something along those lines... but it's no different than role-playing as a pirate or a knight.
why are the ones who roleplay as animals put down, but not the ones who want to pretend they have hooks for hands and scurvy in their face?
at least the animals are cute.

I just plain hate being told how I ''should'' do anything.
Really gets my back up.

my father tells me I cook toast wrong.
TOAST.
and then shows me how to do it right.