Author Topic: Space Cowboy Online  (Read 19800 times)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
Re: Space Cowboy Online
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2006, 01:02:38 pm »
lol, i cba with SCO anymore.. too much grinding

Offline Julmuri

• Can you live inside a box?
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2006, 03:17:06 pm »
You have to have lot of patience for this MMORPG and I got the patience. I don't even think about leaving SCO, because all that grinding would go to waste :-\

Offline Drain

« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2006, 04:47:41 pm »
lawl I gave up after lvl 7 :D I usualy have better patience... But then again I also usualy have more time left over for games.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2006, 05:01:57 pm »
I needed a break from it myself. It didn't seem like it was going anywhere for the amount of grinding I was doing. But honestly, I'd have to find a really insanely fun MMO to get into one at the moment anyway. Until I move I need to keep my addictions to a minimum (August 1st, soon!)

Once I move its all pancakes... Assuming I can find something I actually want to play, which right now isn't a whole lot. Halo 3 is really the only game I'm looking forward to at the moment.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2006, 10:46:12 pm »
Bocom signing up.

Bocom0Gravity, Level 4... A few levels until I actually can join, but oh well... I-Gear, I think.

I never noticed that I leveled up until I logged out.
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2006, 03:42:20 am »
Th problem with SCO is indeed the grinding... there are badly translated and completely invariable "storyline" missions for every level, and they might give you 30% of the necessary exp, so the rest is taking the "standard" missions (namely, "kill X number of X unit") until you level up or run out of standard missions. the higher the level the longer the grind.... i get less enthused with each one. there's nothing to look forward to.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2006, 04:02:09 am »
I started playing today. Name is Okotaka (for some reason).
Not sure if this is going to hold my interest for long. Looks all right, and the grinding is fun compared to most MMOs, but it's still grinding...

Offline Julmuri

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2006, 02:29:20 pm »
Th problem with SCO is indeed the grinding... there are badly translated and completely invariable "storyline" missions for every level, and they might give you 30% of the necessary exp, so the rest is taking the "standard" missions (namely, "kill X number of X unit") until you level up or run out of standard missions. the higher the level the longer the grind.... i get less enthused with each one. there's nothing to look forward to.
There's the sidestory for high leveled players. The first sidestory mission is to go trough your enemy's nations lands and kill some mobs there. It was pritty easy for me, because I have good defence and good engine with 400'ms boost ;D. You don't have to continously grind! You can grind for sometime and then you can go kill opponent nation's players, but you should not go to kill them if you are below lvl 30. ::)

Now I'm stuck in a crazy mission where you have to kill 2 (Yes two) Hornian queens! :o They have lot of hp and they do an attack what you can't dodge, sometimes they release like 12 mobs at sametime. I can't kill them until I get higher level :-\
I'm lvl 53 now.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 02:31:06 pm by Julmuri »

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2006, 10:10:26 am »

There's the sidestory for high leveled players.

1: it takes time to become high leveled

2: the sidestory missions, at least for me, are only available every other level

3: they don't give you any experience other than what you get for killing whatever you need to kill

and yeah you can go hunt enemy team members, if you swing that way, but that doesn't give any exp either, and you have to be quite high leveled to have any chance at winning against the majority of the folk you'll run into (in the higher-level enemy territories where you have to travel first).

Offline Julmuri

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2006, 02:09:11 pm »

There's the sidestory for high leveled players.

1: it takes time to become high leveled

2: the sidestory missions, at least for me, are only available every other level

3: they don't give you any experience other than what you get for killing whatever you need to kill

and yeah you can go hunt enemy team members, if you swing that way, but that doesn't give any exp either, and you have to be quite high leveled to have any chance at winning against the majority of the folk you'll run into (in the higher-level enemy territories where you have to travel first).
1: Well not for me

2:Yup that's true but you can unlock moon with the first sidestory mission and moon is good grinding place

3:True...

Yeah killing enemy team players don't give exp, but at least they give fame and it's more fun than grinding all the time. You can stay in bark or Den of site A-B and camp the warps where you think the enemy is coming.

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2006, 07:47:11 pm »
I AM the enemy ahahahahahahahaa.

freeska ftw.

i have not been to the moon though i have completed the first 4 or 5 sidestory things... must be an ANI thing.

Offline Julmuri

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2006, 12:42:49 am »
I AM the enemy ahahahahahahahaa.

freeska ftw.

i have not been to the moon though i have completed the first 4 or 5 sidestory things... must be an ANI thing.
Well in that case... YOU ARE DEAD

Umm... go to warp shop and go to that place wich costs 20k to warp.