Author Topic: More girl gamer rubbish...  (Read 23297 times)

Offline Trias

Re: More girl gamer rubbish...
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 11:27:36 pm »
I don't get why guys get all worked up/excited when they meet girl gamers. It's perhaps they are antisocial geeks.
If i meet a girl who plays games, i treat them as i would anybody else. Doesn't make a difference to me.

well, on the other hand, I can understand some of it (save unmature/AOL behaviour of course). Basically, guys want gals, right? And even more so if the gal seems to share some of your interests, and especially if that is rather hard to find. E.g. I can only think of one girl right now whom I know personally and who might play more than some niche game like Sims 2... basically she's the little sister of a friend of mine who had an Amiga in the old days. But I haven't even seen her like since 7 years or something, so....

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 11:34:07 pm »
but when we play videogames, we arent looking for a date!  we're looking to play videogames!  if we go out to a club and stuff, THEN make a move and such.  but when we're gaming?  thats like hitting on a guy while he's reading a book.  "OMFG I LOVE STAR WARS SEX ME NOW PLEES"

if a girl ever said taht to a guy in that situation, and you were intently reading, you'd probably be a little turned off of her.

Offline Trias

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2006, 11:41:06 pm »
well and that's why I said, I understand *part* of it, and, save unmature behaviour. I also really understand you in that such things can get annoying...

oh and btw if I meet a girl in real life that shows interest in things which most girls only frown upon, then yeah, that makes me at least a little bit curious. doesn't mean I'll start talking in caps, though  ;)

Offline not12x

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2006, 12:19:40 am »
is it possible to speak IN caps?  that'd be so awesome!

Smeagol

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2006, 02:32:32 am »
is it possible to speak IN caps?

Yes. Yes it is.

Offline dialupdaemon

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2006, 07:03:31 am »
We call it yelling?
What meaning has my life that the inevitability of death cannot destroy it?

Offline not12x

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2006, 07:54:32 am »
We call it yelling?

was that a question.

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2006, 10:59:59 am »

Offline not12x

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2006, 11:53:49 am »
I always play my best from the beginning.
Though if my opponents suck I relax and try to pull off some unneccesary stunts that a likely to get me killed. If I'm the one that sucks, I get bored and stop playing after a while.
Who I play against doesn't matter, I'm looking at the screen, not the opponent.

There's a girl programmer in my school that has some cool gaming t-shirts.
One says "Playing video games makes me sexy". I think that's true in her case...

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Spiff

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2006, 12:55:29 pm »
I don't see how her hobby alters her appearance, though. :P She doesn't seem like the kind of person who'd make a big deal out of being a girl on top of being a gamer, then again the guys pretty much jumped on her around here (not you Trez).

Not that I care about what's "sexy", I've never understood the deal with that. Guess I have a shortage of hormones or something - considering what's called "manly", I feel more like a girl than a guy.

Btw, how do I remove those useless arcade scores under my avatar? The avatar already makes my posts large enough.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 02:05:45 pm by Spiff »

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2006, 01:43:26 pm »
Completely off topic but, noticing the amount of cats in this thread (is it be hugs tiem now plees?, dimruthiens cat, and a few others)

I just laughed my ass off, remembered that "A cat is nice too."

Oh, and on topic, sex always sells, who cares if people complain, breasts are good.

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2006, 02:33:32 pm »
Oh, boobs are good... But it's a low, low tatic to use boobs to sell your products. And then to post on various sites around the web claiming it's for a greater cause.

Lexx

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2006, 05:38:46 pm »
Oh, boobs are good... But it's a low, low tatic to use boobs to sell your products. And then to post on various sites around the web claiming it's for a greater cause.

I like boobs, but if someone tried to sell me a product with them I'd put me right off. I find it insults my intelligence.

Like those Lynx ads, "Spray more, get more." Do they think we're fucking stupid?

Offline Kobi

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2006, 09:38:34 pm »
I like boobs, but if someone tried to sell me a product with them I'd put me right off. I find it insults my intelligence.

Like those Lynx ads, "Spray more, get more." Do they think we're fucking stupid?

They do and obviosly many are that stupid. There is much truth to it. Some dude at a college or uni stated that beauty has a similar effect on people.
http://www.metro.se/se/article/2006/06/22/07/0356-23/index.xml (sorry, swedish paper, found no english)
But boobs in particular, I doubt it. Often a good looking blonde girl helps sell things.
https://www.joystickjunkies.com/UserFiles/Image/Joystick%20Girls/lorena-web.jpg
This image botherd me cause there's to much fo a pron-star look to it. Feels cheaper then the rest.