Author Topic: More girl gamer rubbish...  (Read 23227 times)

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
Re: More girl gamer rubbish...
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2006, 10:16:29 pm »
When I say boobs, I was simplifying a little. Blonde hair, big boobs, skimpy clothing etc... All of it can draw attention to anything you want.

I particularly disliked that photo. How can you justify that as giving girl gamers some good publicity? I also disliked the one that's looking down towards the camera with tonnes of makeup on and a vacant look in her face.

I also loved the one that owns an Atari Master System. I'm not accusing them of being fakes, but that one takes the biscuit.

Offline Kobi

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2006, 11:44:43 pm »
I also loved the one that owns an Atari Master System. I'm not accusing them of being fakes, but that one takes the biscuit.

Bingo

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2006, 05:25:00 am »
I just laughed my ass off, remembered that "A cat is nice too."
A

B
A
B
Y

I
S

N
I
C
E

T
O
O
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2006, 10:03:20 am »
Nothing can make me pay 500 SEK for a single game. Much better to spend that money on hardware so I can play them.

I've only bought 2 games at that price, and that's because I never paid for the earlier games in the series.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2006, 04:07:02 pm »
Nothing can make me pay 500 SEK for a single game.

Good for you that you don't live in Denmark then. Games here are usually 500 DKK which is more than 600 SEK. And which is the reason I rarely buy games in stores here.

Chaosopher

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2006, 08:56:13 pm »
I have to agree about the comment made about Final Fantasy's portrayl of female characters. Sure, Yuna's supposed to be strong internally, but in all honesty she doesn't ever do much except cry out and get kidnapped by Guado...And if we try Lula, well, she may be the strong and silent type but what's up with the constant references (visually) to her breasts?! All the female characters in FFX have very low physical attacks-I want a female character that weilds a big-ass sword (Auron-style) for once!  ::)

Offline Фраеон

• Je zuigt lul
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2006, 08:58:54 pm »
Then go play Suikoden III.
A universe where there was no War of Independence because British colonial policy was more enlightened. An American Civil War after which Lincoln wasn't assassinated. A Second World War in which Hitler was. Or where the whole planet was invaded by, I don't know, space lizards or something.

Chaosopher

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2006, 09:11:26 pm »
Nja, I like FF just fine in terms of gameplay, just not the way there are no girls with big swords  ;D

Offline Фраеон

• Je zuigt lul
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2006, 09:25:11 pm »
Ironically enough, gameplay is exactly the reason I stay away from the dreaded Final Fantasy series.
A universe where there was no War of Independence because British colonial policy was more enlightened. An American Civil War after which Lincoln wasn't assassinated. A Second World War in which Hitler was. Or where the whole planet was invaded by, I don't know, space lizards or something.

Smeagol

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2006, 09:34:25 pm »
gameplay is exactly the reason I stay away from the dreaded Final Fantasy series.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2006, 10:06:08 pm »
The gameplay was rather bland, but it was the storyline that was the winning factor for them. FF7 definately had the best storyline IMHO, and coming in a close 2nd was FF10, (not 10-2, that was shit)

Chaosopher

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2006, 01:24:22 am »
FFX was the FF game I was talking about. I played 9 too, but it doesn't compare to the superior graphics and speech in X. FFX had a good storyline, very epik...some people don't like FF games because they have too deep a plot and not enough hack-slash...! Personally I like games that have a plot  ::)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2006, 01:27:37 am »
FFX was the FF game I was talking about. I played 9 too, but it doesn't compare to the superior graphics and speech in X. FFX had a good storyline, very epik...some people don't like FF games because they have too deep a plot and not enough hack-slash...! Personally I like games that have a plot  ::)

Your first +karma. <3

Chaosopher

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2006, 01:35:21 am »
Tack  ;D ;D

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2006, 01:36:42 am »
And your first asshole deciding to take away that first +karma.