Author Topic: More girl gamer rubbish...  (Read 23197 times)

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
Re: More girl gamer rubbish...
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2006, 01:24:55 pm »
I can't stand passive characters, they must be active and intelligent, brilliant, bold and colourful. I think all my friends match this description.
Guess we can't be friends. Then again most people dislike or ignore those who are shy.

As for flirting, I always treat girls friendily, though that may be because I always assume that everyone's taken. :P If I'm ever interested in someone, physical love is the last thing on my mind, which also probably turns off most people out there.

Maybe I was being a bit hard that day. I aspire to be a bold character, but I do like passive characters just as much sometimes. Looking back, there are a few of my friends that fit this description. I can't really remember what made me say that...

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2006, 04:46:03 pm »
Haven't you ever wondered why you ened up having so much confused sex with librarians tell you to be quiet, motorcyclists asking for directions, and little girls looking for daddy?
Explains lots =/

@Trezker: I don't stare them down...
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2006, 05:29:18 pm »
a bit of eye contact
I must have missed something. I always thought looking your conversational partner in the eye was the polite thing to do, not that it meant you wanted to bang them.

Er, yes, it depends on the kind of eye contact. In the case above, I was talking about flirtatious eye contact. It's fun and nice because it doesn't distract much from whatever's being done (say, if you're in company with several others), and it does not require physical proximity. It's all about body language.

If you know what I'm talking about, you know what I'm talking about. Self-referentially enough.

Eye contact is important in any social situation. It keeps focus in conversations, it helps decide "rank". Using eye contact and not flickering around in your social interactions will make you seem more assertive, and improve your chances of getting your will through.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic