Author Topic: Diablo 2 Mass Ban  (Read 6584 times)

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Diablo 2 Mass Ban
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 07:01:34 pm »
haha, one of my friends was one of the "repeat offenders"

he got me banned the first time along with him, since I always played games with him and Blizzard somehow plopped my CD-key in with his... they sent an apologetic automatic reply email, but I still had to wait the month out.... but this time it was just him.

chompy

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 09:20:10 am »
Wow and I just bought the battlechest on sale a few days ago XD

Damn you blizzard
*shakes fist*

Damn you!

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 08:06:24 pm »
That is most excellent news as far as I'm concerned. I hate cheaters, takes the fun out of the game.

I enjoy the challenge provided by the game, anything that would nullify it is effectively nullifying my fun.
Look, as i stated before, the "cheat" is basically a fix in the game.
Without the feature of seeing the entire map in a random generated game you'll be lost, and runs will 80% of the time not work.

Considering the fact that 50% of the diablo games are baalruns (roughly 25% trade and 25% quest games - on expansion of course.)

The succes ratio of the average baalrun will drop immensely.

Also, most proficient and long-time players are probably banned as well, and all their stuff is gone, so i don't think they have any reason to rebuy the game.

Altough i would really like to play the game again, spending 15 euro's again and not being able to see the map is not an option i'd be happy to oblidge to.

I disagree with you on the map thing. The game wasn't intended to be as easy as people made it. Let's be honest, when you're level 99 running around looking for something isn't hard. You can bypass most of the monsters as it is. To me, knowing exactly where to go make's it so easy it's not even worth doing. It becomes repetative and boring. The Baal runs were not actually a direct intention of the game, but rather a byproduct of lack of things to do productively when you capped your character.

I personally had a 99 sorc just for that sort of thing (Baal runs, meph runs, etc). It made it quite easy to find the stairs without a maphack since I could just teleport around - but I fealt I had earned that right by making a 99 sorc for the purpose. Simply using a cheat is just that, a cheat. If you hated the aspect of running around blind there were legitimate ways to make it less of a barrier to complete Baal runs faster.

I don't hate anyone that did it, but I do think it was cheating as it was getting around an intentional barrier in the game. Something that wasn't a flaw in the design, something intended. And something legitimate tactics could have helped solve (but of course, never fully get rid of it - as it was intended to be random for a reason - to allow for replay value and new challenges).

The game was easy enough, I'd hate to see it get any easier :P

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 10:22:09 pm »
That is most excellent news as far as I'm concerned. I hate cheaters, takes the fun out of the game.

I enjoy the challenge provided by the game, anything that would nullify it is effectively nullifying my fun.
Look, as i stated before, the "cheat" is basically a fix in the game.
Without the feature of seeing the entire map in a random generated game you'll be lost, and runs will 80% of the time not work.

Considering the fact that 50% of the diablo games are baalruns (roughly 25% trade and 25% quest games - on expansion of course.)

The succes ratio of the average baalrun will drop immensely.

Also, most proficient and long-time players are probably banned as well, and all their stuff is gone, so i don't think they have any reason to rebuy the game.

Altough i would really like to play the game again, spending 15 euro's again and not being able to see the map is not an option i'd be happy to oblidge to.

I disagree with you on the map thing. The game wasn't intended to be as easy as people made it. Let's be honest, when you're level 99 running around looking for something isn't hard. You can bypass most of the monsters as it is. To me, knowing exactly where to go make's it so easy it's not even worth doing. It becomes repetative and boring. The Baal runs were not actually a direct intention of the game, but rather a byproduct of lack of things to do productively when you capped your character.

I personally had a 99 sorc just for that sort of thing (Baal runs, meph runs, etc). It made it quite easy to find the stairs without a maphack since I could just teleport around - but I fealt I had earned that right by making a 99 sorc for the purpose. Simply using a cheat is just that, a cheat. If you hated the aspect of running around blind there were legitimate ways to make it less of a barrier to complete Baal runs faster.

I don't hate anyone that did it, but I do think it was cheating as it was getting around an intentional barrier in the game. Something that wasn't a flaw in the design, something intended. And something legitimate tactics could have helped solve (but of course, never fully get rid of it - as it was intended to be random for a reason - to allow for replay value and new challenges).

The game was easy enough, I'd hate to see it get any easier :P

indeed!

I've played the game so much that I actualy recognize some of the maps as I discover them.. sometimes almost subconsciously.
just last night I got the durance of hate lv2 with a new char.. and after 2 minutes I KNEW where the WP was and went for it, and sure enough it was exactly there, and level 3 was exactly where I thought it was too.

I used to use Jamala character hack on open... but that was just for fun and got old REALLY fast.
i've never cheated on realms.