Author Topic: If you were a superhero...  (Read 17751 times)

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Re:If you were a superhero...
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2003, 04:11:16 pm »
So were batman and the punisher...

Batmans super power was that he was really really rich...

the punisher's super power was that he was really really pissed off (and had the power to ignore gun licensing laws)

:D

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2003, 09:32:31 pm »
The coolest more-or-less-non-super-power superhero is without doubt the Shadow. Actually, he is the coolest superhero anyway...I think, at least.

His weapon was the ultimate one: Fear! Oh, and deception. Mix them together, end you get more fear.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2003, 09:41:00 pm »
Actually the ironic thing is that the Punisher willingly broke the law to buy the guns on the black market.  The same gun suppliers who sold to teh Kingpin etc.

That and he'd steal guns from the badguys themselves....

So were batman and the punisher...

Batmans super power was that he was really really rich...

the punisher's super power was that he was really really pissed off (and had the power to ignore gun licensing laws)

:D
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2003, 09:42:01 pm »
Actually if memory serves, he was a regular guy who FOUND a jetpack.

The Rocketeer was a regular guy who knew how to build badass stuff. Like rocket packs.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2003, 12:00:30 am »
Bearfoot knows his comics!

chompy

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2003, 02:25:53 am »
Thats it I;m going to rent out Rocketeer one day and watch it. One day *puts it on the list of movies to get*

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2003, 03:11:32 am »
I'm allready a antisuperhero so who needs superheroes

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2003, 03:17:55 am »
I am a huge huge comic fanatic...  

Although don't ask me about DC, I know very little about DC, having grown up a "Marvelphile."

Bearfoot knows his comics!
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2003, 03:19:49 am »
BTW, if you really want to see a cool "Fan movie" of Batman check this out...

www.theforce.net/theater/nonsw/batman_deadend/index.shtml

Or if you just want to see Joker eaten by an alien... (well implied, you know how hard it is to kill the Joker, I"m sure...
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2003, 07:00:41 am »
Oh, the Shadow had hypnotism as a power.  How do you think nobody managed to see his actual face unless he wanted you too?

But yah, he was really cool.  I love the old classic radio shows...

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?   The SHADOW knows!

The coolest more-or-less-non-super-power superhero is without doubt the Shadow. Actually, he is the coolest superhero anyway...I think, at least.

His weapon was the ultimate one: Fear! Oh, and deception. Mix them together, end you get more fear.
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2003, 09:01:59 pm »
didnt the make a really dodgy movie based on the shadow? what ever happened to that

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2003, 10:25:19 pm »
Well, now we have discussed a bit about comic superheroes and the like. Of these, the Shadow is of course the coolest one. Another cool one is Mandrake . However, the most bad-ass, macho-swine, übercool hero of them all, who I mentioned a bit earlier, got nothing to do with comics at all (not that I know of, at least). I'm of course once again talking about Duke Nukem. I've never gotten my hands on any DN game after 3d, but still - he's just nice.

Now, I suddenly wanted to play Duke Nukem again. 3D and the old platform games. The platform games are classics...
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2003, 12:13:13 am »
Yes, they did, and it died a horrible summer movie death, as it diserved too. (I've only seen bits and peices of it.)

No, wait, wasn't that the Phantom?  (Very simalar character, save instead of the cool fedora and scarf, he wore purple spandex...)

Eh.. either way the movie I'm thinking about was pretty crap.  It starred Tim Curry that's all I really remamber about it...

didnt the make a really dodgy movie based on the shadow? what ever happened to that
« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 12:18:23 am by Bearfoot »
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2003, 12:14:31 am »
Duke stole everything from Ash..

And you know how the next game in the series is going to be "Duke nukem forever?"  That's because that's how long it's going to be until they get it out.  It's been what, seven years now?  (They started with the Quake II engine...)

Well, now we have discussed a bit about comic superheroes and the like. Of these, the Shadow is of course the coolest one. Another cool one is Mandrake . However, the most bad-ass, macho-swine, übercool hero of them all, who I mentioned a bit earlier, got nothing to do with comics at all (not that I know of, at least). I'm of course once again talking about Duke Nukem. I've never gotten my hands on any DN game after 3d, but still - he's just nice.

Now, I suddenly wanted to play Duke Nukem again. 3D and the old platform games. The platform games are classics...
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2003, 01:02:09 am »
Im thinkin there was definetly a shadow movie....dunno about a Phantom one though