Author Topic: If you were a superhero...  (Read 17725 times)

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Re:If you were a superhero...
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2003, 08:45:57 pm »
oh oh i wish I had the powers of BATMAN or The Punisher

oh wait....

....they don't have any superpowers ^_^

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2003, 01:28:53 am »
Yes, they do.  They have the power to be broody and angsnty and not come across as goths.. :P

(not that I have anything against goths mind you.)
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

tomas

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2003, 02:40:42 am »
i would lika to have x-ray vision......how nice would that be  ;) :D ;D

chompy

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2003, 04:43:17 am »
If the superhero had some sort of jet pack, ill be him. Now to think about it I would be Ironman, he had a jetpack. He uses a sort of exoskeleton type thingy and one exoskeleton had a jet pack.

Also my superhero would have a helicopter.

sobella_science

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2003, 02:46:07 pm »
yeah! a chopter like Inspector Gadget has in his hat! That would be cool. Don't know if it's superpower to have one like it, but it's still very cool! :D Whizzzzzzzzzzzz up in to the sky!!!

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2003, 05:24:11 pm »
The coolest jetpack-hero is, without doubt, the alien-kicking, freezerthrowing, minigunwielding Duke himself. Yay! (if someone doesn't get the reference, hmmm...I thought this was a forum for metalcrazed game addicts).

As for my personal favourite power, it would be Time Control. not necceraily to be able to travel in time (that would make all kinds of problems); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES but to be able to freeze, accelerate and deaccelerate time.

EDIT: Just thought I'd add a little extra info about the true effects of the Time Control super power. By deaccelerating time, so that I suddenly moved a lot faster than everything else, and perceived everything at a very early point, I would not only be able to do Matrixly bulletdodging, and in other ways have the ability to move faster than anything (at pause I would not only move faster than light, my speed would tangent infinite); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES I would also seemingly be superstrong, due to the formulae F=kg*m/s^2 (actually, due to F/(m/s)=kg*m/s, but for some reason I can't remember the letters for F/(m/s); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES (in norwegian called "bevegelsesmengde"); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES so I just added this in a parenthesis. I like parenthesises...). My body would move with such an awesome speed that the force would be enough to do anything, from throwing a car hundreds of meters with my little finger to spitting through thick steel doors. Now, of course, I'd need some sort of protection built-in.

The acceleration of time would only make me feel like time went fast, thought I'd still get everything that happened (that is, my senses would not be accelerated, or something, unlike in the deacceleration). This would give me the most amazing superpower of all - the ability to withstand even the most boring lectures without falling asleep.

As for me being able to tinker with physical things in "pause mode", I would have to be able to do so. It would not be fun if it was like in that old Don Rosa Donald Duck story with the time clock...

Another important thing: I would need to be able to control other peoples time as well, and their sense of time and so on seperately, as well. That way, I could pause all the world, with the exception of me and...well...*cough*

A last point: I'd really, really need a safety mechanism, so if I was in "normaltime" and, say, got shot at, I'd automatically go into pause mode (sort of like the "auto-pause when enemy is sighted" option in Baldurs Gate).

Coming over to Gravehills invisibility...well, there could probably be a lot of fun things to do, but I could have even more with this (evil laughter).

Did I go into a bit too much details?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2003, 07:28:36 pm by Torp »
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2003, 09:36:27 pm »
well umm...

yes.

:P

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2003, 10:00:54 pm »
Ah. Okay. Sorry...

You must admit, thought, my superpower still rocks...  ;D
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood

Offline Wintress

• Machinae rocks!
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2003, 11:49:52 pm »
I got one word Torp:

[size=8]WOW!!![/size] ;D
"You don't have to like flour just because you happen to like buns!"  ;)

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2003, 06:19:39 am »
Actually most of the Iron Man armors had jets.. not jet packs, technically, sence they were built into the boots.

If you want Jet PACKS think the Rocketeer...

If the superhero had some sort of jet pack, ill be him. Now to think about it I would be Ironman, he had a jetpack. He uses a sort of exoskeleton type thingy and one exoskeleton had a jet pack.

I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2003, 10:51:02 pm »
Thanks, Wintress. I take it you meant that positively.

And yeah, I did give it a lot of thought. That is a typical thought that might stick to my head ("wouldn't it be cool to be able to slow down time?") and grow in the unknown and terrible depths of my brain, until it emerges to prey upon unwary forum members as a long rant (see my post above, don't feel like quoting it all back. Besides, as you can just look back up, it wouldn't be much good in doing so, would it?).

Offline Wintress

• Machinae rocks!
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2003, 01:08:40 am »
Thanks, Wintress. I take it you meant that positively.

...and grow in the unknown and terrible depths of my brain, until it emerges to prey upon unwary forum members as a long rant ..

Hmm, you're welcome. I THINK.

You have unknown and and terrible depths in your brain as well? Okay but don't use them on THIS forum member...or else...lol </rant>
"You don't have to like flour just because you happen to like buns!"  ;)

Offline Spunky

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2003, 01:19:29 am »
I got one word Torp:

[size=8]WOW!!![/size] ;D

Indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

chompy

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2003, 07:52:23 am »
Actually most of the Iron Man armors had jets.. not jet packs, technically, sence they were built into the boots.

If you want Jet PACKS think the Rocketeer...

But I don't think that Rocketeer was a superhero as such, I don't remember it.

Offline neoblAze

• Fan of the month - April 2003!
  • nes enhanced
    • neoblaze online
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2003, 11:15:49 am »
The Rocketeer was a regular guy who knew how to build badass stuff. Like rocket packs.