Author Topic: 10,000 days, Wings for Mary.  (Read 18527 times)

Offline slippy0

• ┐('~`ï¼›)┌
Re: 10,000 days, Wings for Mary.
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2006, 01:02:16 am »
the few concerts i go to, the bands can only be measured by how loud their music is, and how large the mosh pit is.
See why Massachusetts rocks? We have Slippy <.<

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2006, 01:21:52 am »
To elaborate on random moshing, pipelines become very common if this occurs, got stuck in one at Earl's Court while watching Muse last year, everything sounds like it would under water and my leg came very close to breaking, fucking retards who spent about 10 mins attempting to clear a way for us to get up, if it was me on the edge i would just be like GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY BEFORE I POKE YOU IN THE EYES AND EARS!
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 02:42:33 am »
To elaborate on random moshing, pipelines become very common if this occurs, got stuck in one at Earl's Court while watching Muse last year, everything sounds like it would under water and my leg came very close to breaking, fucking retards who spent about 10 mins attempting to clear a way for us to get up, if it was me on the edge i would just be like GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY BEFORE I POKE YOU IN THE EYES AND EARS!

pipeline?

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 02:50:29 am »
Basically when a load of people just fucking fall over because twats are jumping around like retards and then people who manage to stay up push people back to form a 'pipeline' so as everyone can get up
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2006, 03:42:51 am »
Basically when a load of people just fucking fall over because twats are jumping around like retards and then people who manage to stay up push people back to form a 'pipeline' so as everyone can get up
They are just all pussies.

Either you mosh, or you don't.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2006, 04:19:50 am »
To go back on topic here...

There is more to this puzzle. We just spent a hefty amount of time screwing with these tracks.

A few things to note:

Start with Wings + 10,000 days, not Viginity. Notice the chimes, they sync PERFECTLY (almost poetically) with the intro to 10,000 days. If you look at the tracks in an audio editor, you can actually see if you do it your way the two heavy guitar riffs at the end of the combined tracks ALMOST sync perfectly, but do not. We synced these, the result is quite neat when we did it with your order. The vocals at the end also come out unique, since they echo if you sync the guitar tracks, because hes saying the same thing. However, the result of playing them in the different order is clearly the intended intro.

Im beginning to think you would need to do some considerably moving around parts to get this to sync properly, because theres odd pauses throughout and a few parts that sound flat out wrong either way you do it, but if you switch those parts, they come out AMAZINGLY in sync.

we will keep fooling around and try to figure it out, but theres more to it than that simply because if you do it the way you listed, the guitar riffs at the end completely rape each other and the result is horrific. Sync them, and its amazing, but that requires a little much on the editing side. (And by the way, if you reverse the tracks like I said before, the heavy guitar riff actually comes in right when his vocals get louder and more intense. Its quite amazing, actually and that may be the intended order).

Either way, fricken +1 for the find and the share. I am entertained.

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2006, 05:47:52 am »
i'm going to have to try the different order.
if you find anything else about it let me know!

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2006, 06:26:01 pm »
It's a challenging task. It seems like the other order works very, very well at the intro (and in a few other parts). At other times, it just seems off.

But the same with the other way. Such a challenge :)

I found a few interesting things about the album though. 10,000 days is apparently almost exactly how long his mother (Judith, Mary was her middle name) lived between her stroke and her death. He was 11 when she had her stroke that paralyzed her (hince, you can see numerous numerical references to 11 in the artwork among other things, like the song durations which were apparently intentional. Even the length of the central track, Rosetta Stone, is 11:11. And it is supposed to hold clues to many of the albums mysteries. Which makes sense, since a Rosetta Stone was an artifact used to stranscribe ancient egyption hyroglyphics). That would also explain "10,000 days in the fire is long enough, I'm coming home". 10,000 days of paralysis is long enough.

Also, the pictures are supposed to hold clues. All I noticed are: Most of the pictures the band members point to something references 11. 11 candles, the clock is 11, whatever it might be. I also noticed the obvious: Two pictures, create a whole image. Same with the face on the cover, two faces make a whole new face. Two songs, whole new track.

=P

Oh by the way, before someone says "Wow, you're reading way too deep into this": Keenan already said there were tons of puzzles intentionally placed inside the album. It was all based around puzzles and mystery intentionally, which is honestly half the fun =).

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2006, 07:34:28 pm »
It's a challenging task. It seems like the other order works very, very well at the intro (and in a few other parts). At other times, it just seems off.

But the same with the other way. Such a challenge :)

I found a few interesting things about the album though. 10,000 days is apparently almost exactly how long his mother (Judith, Mary was her middle name) lived between her stroke and her death. He was 11 when she had her stroke that paralyzed her (hince, you can see numerous numerical references to 11 in the artwork among other things, like the song durations which were apparently intentional. Even the length of the central track, Rosetta Stone, is 11:11. And it is supposed to hold clues to many of the albums mysteries. Which makes sense, since a Rosetta Stone was an artifact used to stranscribe ancient egyption hyroglyphics). That would also explain "10,000 days in the fire is long enough, I'm coming home". 10,000 days of paralysis is long enough.

Also, the pictures are supposed to hold clues. All I noticed are: Most of the pictures the band members point to something references 11. 11 candles, the clock is 11, whatever it might be. I also noticed the obvious: Two pictures, create a whole image. Same with the face on the cover, two faces make a whole new face. Two songs, whole new track.

=P

Oh by the way, before someone says "Wow, you're reading way too deep into this": Keenan already said there were tons of puzzles intentionally placed inside the album. It was all based around puzzles and mystery intentionally, which is honestly half the fun =).

I won't say you're going way too deep but rather the opposite, DIG DEEPER! I am going to reasearch more into his mother's paralysis 'cos i have a sneaky suspicion the lyrics in Rosetta Stoned may have some meaning aswell as the time, and also i noticed he seems to use 'prozac' in a lot of his songs, right across all albums.

I know how they did all this, it's called acid and being a brainy bastard

This whole concept of hiddeness is getting me excited :o

EDIT: ok looking at the lyrics there's a few reference to bladder problems, maybe after his mum became paralysed he started having these problems. Also a lot to do with aliens, maybe something to do with being so alienated by everything. "Careful to mark your girlfriends 17 fucking cats" is extremely confusing for me, although 17 being the only number in the lyrics may have some reference to another song number? or 17 minutes into the album? I will still research this as far as possible try to make sense of it all.

"And after calming me down with some orange slices and some needle spooning.
He revealed to me a
Singular purpose, he said you are the chosen one.
The one who will deliver the message.
A message of hope for those who choose to hear it
And a warning for those who do not.
Me? The chosen one,
They chose me.
And I didn't graduate from fucking high school."

This could be the doctor telling him he will have to look after his mother as she is paralysed and then how he feels afterwards?

these are just theories and i wanna hear some more from absolutely everyone :D

EDIT2: 17 minutes into the album, right on cue are the words "A passionate spirit"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 07:55:42 pm by Caduceus »

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2006, 07:44:16 pm »
I know how they did all this, it's called acid and being a pretentious shithead
fixed
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2006, 07:49:56 pm »
-1 Karma for downgrading tool, this is much better than anything like "The Da Vinci Code" because this is all on real events in his life rather than a bunch of "pretentious shithead"s making up some BS and saying it's real then later on going, "Oh no it's fiction"

MDX

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2006, 07:56:37 pm »
well hey, not - 1 to magicman but i disagree, tool are infact brilliant.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2006, 08:03:10 pm »
OK aswell as Rosetta Stone i have found a small reference maybe to his mother's paralysation in "Jambi"

"up to my neck soon to drown." this would only make sense if she was paralysed from the neck down, see what i'm getting at?

EDIT: Also, because it says "my" i can only assume (if my original theory is correct) the song is sung as if it was his mother's words
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 08:17:36 pm by Caduceus »

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2006, 08:14:01 pm »
this is much better than anything like "The Da Vinci Code" because this is all on real events in his life rather than a bunch of "pretentious shithead"s making up some BS and saying it's real then later on going, "Oh no it's fiction"
the da vinci code sucks too

and I really couldn't care less about the real events in his life

I don't even like his name

and it kinda says in the da vinci code that it's fiction

maybe you're thinking of 'a million little pieces' by james frey (which is also pretentious and stupid and horrible)?
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2006, 08:26:45 pm »
Ok this post will be all about "Lost Keys"

This could be a reference to "The Lost Keys of Freemasonry"? I am going to try and establish a link between this and Rosetta Stone which was previously mentioned as "an artifact used to stranscribe ancient egyption hyroglyphics" as said by Drakonis

Also thw hole thing about the doctor and nurse, I think the most important part being where they mention there is no ID so he is basically an "alien" referring back to Rosetta Stoned and my suggestion of him being alienated

Ok i have established a link between "The Lost Keys of Freemasonry" and Rosetta Stone:

ARK OF THE COVENANT.  One of the most sacred objects among the Israelites.  It was a chest made of shittim wood, or acacia, richly decorated, forty-five inches long, and eighteen inches wide, and contained the two tables of stone on which the ten commandments were engraved, the golden pot that held manna, and Aaron's rod.  It was placed in the holy of holies, first of the tabernacle, and then of the temple.  Such is its masonic and scriptural history.  The idea of this ark was evidently borrowed from the Egyptians, in whose religious rites a similar chest or coffer is to be found.  Herodotus mentions several instances.  Speaking of the festival of Papremis, he says (ii. 63) that the image of the god was kept in a small wooden shrine covered with plates of gold, which shrine was conveyed in a procession of the priests and people from the temple into a second sacred building.  Among the sculptures are to be found bass reliefs of the ark of Isis.  The greatest of the religious ceremonies of the Egyptians was the procession of the shrines mentioned in the Rosetta stone, and which is often found depicted on the sculptures.  These shrines were of two kinds, one a canopy, but the other, called the great shrine, was an ark or sacred boat.  It was borne on the shoulders of priests by means of staves passing through rings in its sides, and was taken into the temple and deposited on a stand.  Some of these arks contained, says Wilkinson ( Notes to Herod.  II. 58, n.  9), the elements of life and stability, and others the sacred beetle of the sun, overshadowed by the wings of two figures of the goddess Thmei.  In all this we see the type of the Jewish ark.  The introduction of the ark into the ceremonies of Freemasonry evidently is in reference to its loss and recovery; and hence its symbolism is to be interpreted as connected with the masonic idea of loss and recovery, which always alludes to a loss of life and a recovery of immortality.  In the first temple of this life the ark is lost; in the second temple of the future life it is recovered.  And thus the ark of the covenant is one of the many masonic symbols of the resurrection.

A long read but very interesting where it starts talking about the image of the god
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 09:39:19 pm by Caduceus »