Author Topic: Get me a new "Regular" game.  (Read 16739 times)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
Re: Get me a new "Regular" game.
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 11:40:10 pm »
Nooo. I refuse to play anything on the Blizzard network.

Lysander

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 11:54:01 pm »
Why?

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 11:55:59 pm »
Because its all.. blizzard'ey!

And theyre home of WoW, which is just the spawn of the devil.

MDX

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2006, 01:21:11 am »
WoW is a fickle mistress, great game.. but its the game or your life, which i happily exchanged in for the past week.. but now ive uninstalled it and im clean of WoW, until i go to myfriends house.. and until i buy my own pc. Which requires a job..

oh dear. will i ever see WoW again.. *ponders*

Lysander

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2006, 01:22:13 am »
Because its all.. blizzard'ey!

And theyre home of WoW, which is just the spawn of the devil.

WCIII is nothing like WoW. Try it (WCIII, i mean) at least. :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 01:24:58 am by Lysix »

MDX

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 01:23:48 am »
If his only arguement was that, i would have left it.. but if he has tried it, then he'll know the addictiveness of the game.. once you start getting to higher lvls and run past lower lvls who stop and try to catch up to inspect you, then you hit sprint and burn away into the dust mhahahahaHAAHAH.... O_O..

i have a problem. My name is ______ and im a WoWaholic.

Lysander

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 01:25:27 am »
If his only arguement was that, i would have left it.. but if he has tried it, then he'll know the addictiveness of the game.. once you start getting to higher lvls and run past lower lvls who stop and try to catch up to inspect you, then you hit sprint and burn away into the dust mhahahahaHAAHAH.... O_O..

stfu noob, laev party plx

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 01:49:13 am »
Icy Tower
Crimsonland

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 02:09:43 am »
I dunno, I'm finding oblivion much more enjoyable than morrowind, but I had to use about 20+ mods to do so as it seems horribly lacking without them. About 60 hours into it. I look forward to Gothic III just for the dual wield implimentation alone, that and like the need for space sims, I need some moar RPGs that aren't the boring linear turn based poop that the Japanese put out over and over. (On the topic of space sims, Darkstar One looks to be a non shitty freelancer like game and its out in 1.5 months.)

As for the graphics in Oblivion, aside from being the first game I've seen with good trees and flowers/grass, I think it looks /bad/. The popup is awful, the soupy LOD is incredably distracting, and the ground textures look really low resolution and pixelated beyond belief (the snow being the worst). And the HDR implementation, well, it leaves much to be desired. When you look at something bright it doesn't slowly adjust like HDR should. Everything glows white all over ruins and shit and is absolutely blinding. Antialiasing doesn't work with it enabled. If Valve can do it right, then anyone else should be able to. The FOV doesn't bother me in the slightest, at least when playing at a 16:10 resolution.

WoW addictive? I can't possibly see how it or any other current MMO could be addictive. There isn't one thing that makes me want to come back to any of them and keep playing. There is no interesting story to find out more about aside from reading the backstory on the official websites. The gameplay is just quests that are basically kill and fetch this and that over and over while you grind up the level and/or skill tree.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 02:16:49 am by Ankle »
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

chompy

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2006, 02:29:12 am »
Makes note to have a look at Gothic 2/3 games, I remember Ankle making reference to that game in the past.

Games I'm playing now that are pretty fun but have flaws;
 - Dawn of War - playing this around for the second time because I got the game on sale and thought I'd better get my monies worth from the game.
 - Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodline - This game is actually pretty cool , realeased about a week before HL2 was release and running on the same engine it should look about the same. No way the characters look nice, the world looks nice, but the physics are flawed to the max. I would be in the sewers and running around the water would be like skating on it. Horrible loading screens and unoptimised. FPS game that is used for a RPG without the physics.

MDX

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2006, 02:32:48 am »

stfu noob, laev party plx

i missed this post.

just know, i could edit every post you have and destroy you. noob :P

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2006, 12:28:11 pm »
Makes note to have a look at Gothic 2/3 games, I remember Ankle making reference to that game in the past.

Games I'm playing now that are pretty fun but have flaws;
 - Dawn of War - playing this around for the second time because I got the game on sale and thought I'd better get my monies worth from the game.
 - Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodline - This game is actually pretty cool , realeased about a week before HL2 was release and running on the same engine it should look about the same. No way the characters look nice, the world looks nice, but the physics are flawed to the max. I would be in the sewers and running around the water would be like skating on it. Horrible loading screens and unoptimised. FPS game that is used for a RPG without the physics.

It is more likely magicman who refrenced Gothic in the past. I'm ordering the second one tomorrow along with some other stuff.

s for VtMB: It runs bad, looks bad and is incredably unstable compared to Half Life 2. I was never able to finish the game because as soon as the blood hunt started it would just lock up my GPU left and right resulting in a BSOD or black screen. Combat was incredably clunky. The city was incredably small and all the clothing clipped into the body when in combat and would get stuck clipped afterwards. Character customization totally sucked, oh pick clan and sex. Stuck with characters that didn't look very cool imo. I was so looking forward to it too.  :'(
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Spunky

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2006, 03:56:09 pm »
I recently quit the CS competetive scene, and blocked+deleted almost everyone from previous clans or that i'd played with on CS, I never wanna go back to that game, ever.

So, before I quit; say I was bored on MSN, and no-one was talking, I'd just be able to put MSN on busy and play CS to pass the time, but now...

I just sit here, all. fricken. day. Nothing to do. If no-one is talking to me on msn I just sit here with music on all day.

So I challenge you to find me a new "regular" game, that I can play to pass the time. It has to be addictive, a steep learning curve, beta (as long as its a decent beta) or not, I dont care, as long as I can have a game to pass the time. I dont mind MMO's as long as they have a decent following, and theyre addictive(k im repeating myself now, im going insane through lack of games.), but FPS and RTS are my favourite types of game.

Find me a new game to play, before I go insane. Please.

No MUD's. Please.
No Diablo 2's, Please.

Education?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 05:17:51 pm by Hyper Spunky-tron »
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Lysander

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2006, 04:25:18 pm »
i missed this post.

just know, i could edit every post you have and destroy you. noob :P

But then if we related back to WoW, I'd get my 57 druid and burninate the crap outta your rogue. noob. :P

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2006, 06:29:34 pm »
I recently quit the CS competetive scene, and blocked+deleted almost everyone from previous clans or that i'd played with on CS, I never wanna go back to that game, ever.

So, before I quit; say I was bored on MSN, and no-one was talking, I'd just be able to put MSN on busy and play CS to pass the time, but now...

I just sit here, all. fricken. day. Nothing to do. If no-one is talking to me on msn I just sit here with music on all day.

So I challenge you to find me a new "regular" game, that I can play to pass the time. It has to be addictive, a steep learning curve, beta (as long as its a decent beta) or not, I dont care, as long as I can have a game to pass the time. I dont mind MMO's as long as they have a decent following, and theyre addictive(k im repeating myself now, im going insane through lack of games.), but FPS and RTS are my favourite types of game.

Find me a new game to play, before I go insane. Please.

No MUD's. Please.
No Diablo 2's, Please.

Education?

I dropped out of college for a reeson. NOW GET ME A GODDAMN REGULAR GAME.

EDIT: added a speeling mistake to prove i dropped out of college.