Author Topic: empire music video  (Read 8506 times)

Smeagol

Re: empire music video
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 07:55:56 pm »
Empire would contain 6 minutes of Soviet Fiindil.

I CONCUR FULLY.

Lysander

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 07:56:41 pm »
Empire would contain 6 minutes of Soviet Fiindil.

I CONCUR FULLY.

Will it contain strobe lights and glowsticks?

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 09:16:28 pm »
Will it contain strobe lights and glowsticks?

GO EMPIRE-RAVE!!

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 09:32:03 pm »
While I refuse to sit here and try to come up with an entire music video, for some reason if I were to picture one I imagine everyones faces to be simply skin. I don't know if that makes sense (think Matrix mouth thing in the "dream" scene, but extended to the eyes and the nostrals as well) just as a representation of "Those without a say" etc. =P

As seen on Dr. Who.

Or like the DC hero The Question.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 11:15:20 pm »
Or like the DC hero The Question.

The Riddler, isn't it?

I don't really think a music video for Empire would be very good. I don't think it would add anything to the song to add a visual component.

Oki Kuma's Adventure on the other hand, that would be awesome.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 11:17:48 pm »

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 11:40:30 pm »
Oh, you wrote hero.I accidentally read villain...  :-[

Offline a sad cow

• this really grows on you
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 11:58:28 pm »
I don't really think a music video for Empire would be very good. I don't think it would add anything to the song to add a visual component.

i'm not so sure about that. i keep thinking about ways to introduce the band to new people more easily. as i've said before, this band has grown on me significantly. i'd like to spark that a little faster in the rest of society so that maybe i'll run into a fellow Machinae fan more often than i introduce them to it.

oki kuma wouldn't be a bad choice either though, especially since it's based on a story more than a proclamation of belief.
a sad cow = 'all singing all dancing crap of the world'

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 11:59:51 pm »
I wonder what happens if I ever run into another machinae fan in real life. Maybe the universe will dissolve or something.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 12:23:38 am »
I did. There were lots of them in Jönköping a while ago, for some wierd reason. Apparently the universe hasn't dissolved yet.

Smeagol

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 12:29:17 am »
I wonder what happens if I ever run into another machinae fan in real life.

Couldn't happen. None of us are real. We are just what happens when Robert enters into a comatose state.

chompy

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 05:39:08 am »
Or you could have one of those generic videos, where the band is playing on a stage with clips from some crappy movie would play. That being said who needs a storyline for music videos?

Offline Zombie With Style

• Sleep and fade away for I've got the style!
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2006, 10:20:19 am »
Or how about my idea:

It starts off without the song play. First its a bright, sunny, nice day out side and a smaller mansion is right in front of you surrounded by endless green country. You hear a bird chirping in the background to symbolize that life is good. It zooms into a window in the front of the house and then goes inside, showing a guest room of some sort. There are 5 people in this room. A child that playing with some toy, a person that represents the lower class and dresses accordingly, sitting on the floor away from the others toward the back of the room. And then you see three other men sitting in some comfy chairs, talking to each other casually. A middle class man, an upper class man, and a politician. Them all seem to be quite happy. (Don't know about the poor guy though....) Then your outside again, viewing the house from a 'birds eye view' only at an angle (think like a normal RTS view) and you see a gravel road, and then some mysterious gray van approaches the mansion, via the road. And then, the camera changes again, zoomed so its only showing the very front of the door of the mansion. And then a hand, covered in a black leather glove knocks on the door. You hear a 'Who is it?!' in the background. But no sooner dose the guy answer then a foot comes out and knocks it down. The camera changes so that its now inside the house, viewing the door being knocked down, and then you see a soilder there in the entrance. Clad in black leather and black armor with a helmet covering his whole face. He looks like he came right out of some sci-fi thing. And then, many of these soldiers, armed with rifles, come pouring into the house and go into the room with the 5 people, and before they could do anything, they are captured and 'arrested' (their forcing their arms behind there backs and moving them out) And now the camera is facing outside the house again, With the soldiers pushing then people out, one at a time. Each on of them screaming for theres lifes. The politician and the upper class man come out with black blindfolds over their mouths. Then Middle class and Poor guy come out with the same blindfold over their eyes. The child, both eyes and mouth. More soldiers come out. And then the first solider approaches the house again, and nails a note to the door that says, 'Those with a name, this is your empire, those without a say, this is your empire' referring to how I interpret the quote, as the 'empire' gives people no name and no say. Then the soldiers come walking back away from the house and as he approaches the van again, he lifts up his hand and pushes a button in it. And the house blows up from the inside and is engulfed in flames. The van takes off, and the house is crumbling and the sky is turning dark and cloudy, you hear a crow in the background. The grass becomes gray and the camera zooms into the house, or more like, the fire and black smoke coming out of it. As you zoom in the whole area loses all color, except for the fire. Then, once the camera stops zooming, all you see is a bunch of black smock and sparks from the fire. Then, the crackling of the fire fades away, and the smock now seems like a black abyss, and the sparks are like bits of twilight. (This may seem like a lot, but, at least how I see it, everything up to hear should only take a minuet and a half max) and then, the prelude finally starts.

The bits of yellow twilight are floating around gracefully. Then, as one of the past songs by MS start, a bit of twilight expands and shows a clip of them playing the song live (or elsewhere), or a clip of, let say there are other music videos. Then as the song ends, the light snaps out in an instant, as if fire lost all air. This repeats over and over again until the last song clip (Sidology ep.1? its the one after STTR, the one I could never figure out) where, instead here all remaining 'twilight' slowly go out then all goes dark. Then at 00:51, the dark 'smock' appear again, only now you are seeing a faded review of an colorless city. Covered in industry and factories, with some skyscrapers in the distance. And after a few seconds then, various clips of chaos and destruction in real life, starts playing and appearing all over the place, fading in and out from the abyss. Each clip will only last a few seconds, but there will many of them appearing at one time, at the beginning it will start a bit slow, but as the song builds up it start moving faster and the clips are more brief. Then at 01:32, when the women starts crying of help, the camera will freeze, then at 01:35, everything dissolves in a grayish black light. The camera instantly changes sense at 1:37, and you are looking up at and angle *almost strait on, but a bit down still* at the front part of a rifle, you see a gray sky and some kind of building in the background, all of this, colorless. And the gun appears to be shooting at the same tempo as the drum beat from 01:17-00:06. You don't see what its shooting at or whose holding it (except of a slight part of a black, leathery hand) you just can tell its shooting at something.   

...well, thats part of it, its 2am right now and my mental capacity is too low to finish it. If you want me to finish, then simple say so and I'll have the rest up later, but until then, I simply can't go on...

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 11:11:01 pm »
I personaly always imagine Machinae Supremacy music videos as animated in the same style as their avatars.
none of this real bull shit.
you have a lot more freedom for creativity with animation too, and can make it what you want without buying large shinies.
 :-X

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 08:25:41 am »
Fraps + C&C NOD campaign = Empire music video

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii