Author Topic: Timing Troubles  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Moheeheeko

• Stick 'em with the pointy end.
Timing Troubles
« on: November 29, 2003, 05:30:14 am »
I'm being driven mad by those official tabs. I wanted to try Hubnester Inferno, but I have no clue on the timing. Is there any indication on the timing? I was trying to tab it out on Guitar Pro, but it doesn't come out right. Also, the tabs for attack music don't time up correctly, so I had to give up on tabbing that in GP as well. Could anyone help me out?

(I'm obsessive about having things in Guitar Pro. I like to be able to see more info than just the numbers.)

"Jesus Christ, or so I have been led to believe from the revelations he has apparently made on this forum, fucks kittens. Or possibly cats."-Fiindil

Offline lindarthebard

• I'm a last-all-day guitarist.
Re:Timing Troubles
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 06:25:51 am »
Damnit... my friend didn't log out and left a session open on my computer. This thread is actually mine.

So, that was actually me with the timing problem.

x_x
owned:electric and acoustic guitar,5 string electric bass,acousic violin,harmonica,electric piano,drums,trumpet. Capable of playing:electric/acoustic guitar,electric/acoustic bass,violin,harmonica,piano,ukulele,mandolin,drums,keyboard,organ,harpsichord,trumpet, generally all brass, keys, and strings

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 02:04:24 pm »
I guess Hubnester has some odd meters here and there... But generally you should be ok if you remember that the Bars are 3/4 or 6/8 while the song still sounds like it's in 4/4.

Hope this helps.   :)

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Skvate

• Mediocre
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 02:17:11 pm »
I dont use GP so I dont know all to well how it works(but i tested it some years ago..found that PT was better at that time...).
Generally its about finding the right Tempo. Like 160 bpm or something. In PT i you use whole notes, half-notes etc in addition to the tempo marker. Also what kind of beat the song uses(like 4/4 or whatever). By adding ghost notes, pauses and other stuff you can get the timing correct.

Youll just have to listen to the songs and make the best out of it. Btw : I use 172 bpm on the attack music solo if your including that.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 02:32:39 pm by Skvate »
Lifeless I sail through these ironic fashions, dressed in the flesh of the jokers passions. On the uttermost brink of madness I stroll, and the rise of insanity as my most precious goal. Tricking the trail of my long lost obscurity, I gather me inside the artifice of eternity....

Offline lindarthebard

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2003, 09:37:24 am »

E ------------------------------------------
B ------------------------------------------
G ----------------------------0-------------
D ----0-4-----4h5p4-------------4---0-2-4/5-
A -2--------2---------2---3-------3---------
E ------------------------------------------

E ------------------------------------------------
B ------------------------------------------------
G ------------------------------------------------
D ----0-4-----4h5p4---------4-----2---0-------0---
A -2--------2---------2-------2-----2-------4---4-
E ------------------------3-----3-------2-3-------

This is what I was trying to tab.

E ----------------------------
B ----------------------------
G ----------------------------
D ----0-4-----4h5p4-----------
A -2--------2---------2---3---
E ----------------------------

This is what I got timed correctly.

E ----------------------
B ----------------------
G --------0-------------
D ----------4---0-2-4/5-
A 2---3-------3---------
E ----------------------

....and this part I can't decipher one note from the other.

So...... could you give me the timing on it? Like.. 8th and 16th note etc. and which one is which.

Also, for those of you who don't know......

Guitar pro works like this: You write out the tabs like you would with sheet music (8th, Quarter, and 16th notes and all that and so many BPM) and when you finish, you can play it and its the tab equivalent of a sing along. The numbers on the tabs light up as they are played, so you can see and hear how it is played. I'd definately reccommend downloading it and getting some tabs for it. If not for your own benifit, then just to see what the hell I was talking about.

www.guitar-pro.com
www.mysongbook.com
owned:electric and acoustic guitar,5 string electric bass,acousic violin,harmonica,electric piano,drums,trumpet. Capable of playing:electric/acoustic guitar,electric/acoustic bass,violin,harmonica,piano,ukulele,mandolin,drums,keyboard,organ,harpsichord,trumpet, generally all brass, keys, and strings

Offline CLU

• What's a Machinae? Can you eat it??
    • (CLU)'s Home Page
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 12:56:20 am »
Guitar pro works like this: You write out the tabs like you would with sheet music (8th, Quarter, and 16th notes and all that and so many BPM) and when you finish, you can play it and its the tab equivalent of a sing along. The numbers on the tabs light up as they are played, so you can see and hear how it is played. I'd definately reccommend downloading it and getting some tabs for it. If not for your own benifit, then just to see what the hell I was talking about.

www.guitar-pro.com
www.mysongbook.com

Powertab does the same thing when playing it back.  I think it's slightly free-er than Guitar Pro.  Not saying people shouldn't use Guitar Pro, though, as long as they post all their finished tabs here.  :)

Offline lindarthebard

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 02:06:31 am »
Oh..... I thought it was the same, but with out the music playback thing. I'll look into that. Meanwhile... SOMEBODY figure out the timing, because I have retarded ears, but would love to do a GP/PT for Attack Music and Hubnester Inferno.