Author Topic: Negative feedback from the merchandise store.  (Read 4894 times)

Offline a sad cow

• this really grows on you
Re: Negative feedback from the merchandise store.
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 06:40:10 pm »
yeah, my shit took over a month to arrive. fortunately a friend of mine sent me the mp3s to ease my wait. i'll withhold the url unless a band member tells me i should post it.
a sad cow = 'all singing all dancing crap of the world'

Smeagol

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 06:41:27 pm »
Lol. Make a complaint on the forum and it turns up the next day. It works!

BULLSHIT!

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 07:00:12 pm »
Hey, my cd says it is an "Underground Edition". What does this mean? Do other versions of the cd exist?

Look in the discography section of the site. You will probably find something saying "Retail Edition" in the Redeemer section. That edition will be out in stores somewhere sometime.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 07:23:41 pm »
I guess I have to say what I say every time one of these threads goes up

1) If you think it will be resolved by posting a thread here. You are wrong. Email the shop or post in the MachinaeShop thread in Music. Alternatively, PM a band member.

2) If you're just posting this to vent about your lack of stuff then that's fine, but there's not much us lowly forumers can do about it except try to distract you with randomness.

Like underwater cows.

Offline Arangaras

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 07:37:51 pm »
I didn't post this so that I could vent, or in the hope that one of you could help me "fix" it, I posted it so that I could warn others here of the dangers of purchasing something from such a small store as the Machinae Supremacy store. Stop being so effin judgemental and READ THE ENTIRE post before you start ranting at me VisionThing.

Waffles

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 07:46:38 pm »
Lol. Make a complaint on the forum and it turns up the next day. It works!

BULLSHIT!

now now, that's un-called-for (htf do you spell that, anyway?)  ;D

maybe waiting wasn't a good idea. maybe it might be quicker to walk there and knock on the door and find out.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 08:13:03 pm »
I guess machinae were just surprised how insanely popular they are, seems like the merch sold out in a few days.

But (as a fanboy) I think it's a bit harsh to say there are "dangers" involved buying stuff from the machinae shop. The only uncertainty are the delivery times when stuff is out of stock. I'd say they would give you your money back at any point if you say so.

I ordered within the first hour the shop opened, the brand new system fucked up my paypal payment. One mail to gordon and I had my money back. It's not like they are a greedy online store for overclocked graphics cards or something.

Offline Arangaras

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 08:28:01 pm »
Hmm.. Dangers is probably not a perfect word, but I would definitely be more comfortable with buying this cd from, say, Amazon than their own little store. If you buy from such a small store, the probabilites of getting your delivery late or not at all are significantly higher than with a major online store.

Just look at our friend who ordered from the store in March.. Still hasn't gotten his package..

This is a problem with the Machinae Supremacy store. This is something they have to improve. My post is a kind of "punishment", which perhaps will make them improve this area of their service. As a student of economics and marketing, I know how important the customer's view is.

By the way: LOVING my new CD ;D

Offline a sad cow

• this really grows on you
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 10:40:41 pm »
Like underwater cows.

was that a jab?
a sad cow = 'all singing all dancing crap of the world'

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 11:29:33 pm »
Yeah, the chances of the merch coming late or not at all is larger in the case of such a small store, but if there is an actual fuck-up or something goes wrong, I'm pretty sure the chances of getting your money back is much greater as well.

At least with our friendly musicians here...
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 02:35:24 pm »
Hmm.. Dangers is probably not a perfect word, but I would definitely be more comfortable with buying this cd from, say, Amazon than their own little store. If you buy from such a small store, the probabilites of getting your delivery late or not at all are significantly higher than with a major online store.

I have to disagree. A couple of times I have had to email Amazon to ask them where my shipment has gone. Most of the time it turns out it had been forgotten at the bottom of a pile of orders (and hurriedly sent after I had told them my order was missing). Really, I see no difference between a small shop like Machinae\'s and big companies like Amazon - they both have stock and orders which sometimes get lost, run out or confused.

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 02:40:02 pm »

I have to disagree. A couple of times I have had to email Amazon to ask them where my shipment has gone. Most of the time it turns out it had been forgotten at the bottom of a pile of orders (and hurriedly sent after I had told them my order was missing). Really, I see no difference between a small shop like Machinae\'s and big companies like Amazon - they both have stock and orders which sometimes get lost, run out or confused.

Yeah, once when I ordered something from Amazon it said despatches in 1 - 2 weeks. After 3 weeks I got an email telling me that it got delayed and that I had to wait 1 - 2 weeks. I did and nothing happened. Another week later they informed me that it had been delayed even further and I had to wait for yet another 1 - 2 weeks. After that time had passed I got another email, this time informing me that they were unable to obtain the ordered item and that they had cancelled the order.

I have never experienced anything like that from smaller stores.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 04:48:46 pm »
There is a huge danger with the Machinae shop... case and point:

All the merch sold out, thus the band had to hand pack all that stuff. Do you realize how many chances there were for the members to get chronic paper cuts? By the Machinae store existing, Gordon could slice his main keyboardin' finger. What then?! WHAT THEN?! No more music!

Robert could paper cut his tongue licking stamps. Then it's over. FINETO!

Ahum, anyway. It was worth the wait for me in the states. I even had a clothing order. Worth every moment of waiting. The retail edition doesn't have Empire (or it's intro) and it doesn't have Fury. The retail edition DOES have Ghost, which the Underground edition doesn't have, but for those of us ordering from the web we can download Ghost for free anyway. The Underground edition is much better in my opinion, simply because Empire is one of my favorite songs :)

The track ordering will probably also differ on the Retail edition. All I know for sure in regards to the order of the tracks is Elite is first on both our Underground Edition and on the Retail version. Don't worry, you defenitely have the hardcore Machinae fan edition.

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 04:54:24 pm »
And furthermore, Wikipedia is your friend :D

Offline Arangaras

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 05:23:03 pm »
Cool.. Redeemer is on Wikipedia. I see many have different views from mine. Wonderful! Prove me wrong, I would love to order more Machinae Supremacy stuff, and the only place I can do that is from a store which I had negative experiences with.