Author Topic: Friends, Romans, Machinae-fans...  (Read 3306 times)

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
Re: Friends, Romans, Machinae-fans...
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 08:58:20 pm »
Well, from the little info I have. It looks like the only person with a problem is your father.
You need to go through with this, otherwise you'll suffer for the rest of your life.

You will have to drag your dad away from his evil thoughts. He needs to learn that he is wrong and accept your true self. Use shrink if neccesary.

Don't quote me on this though.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Miles_Ex_Machina

• Sven Vollfied, once gentleman, always a gentleman
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 10:26:49 pm »
Ok, then if he's as good as religious then it's as us martian gipsys say "delo truba", or translated to the terran esperanto dialect "it's hopeless". There's no way you will ever be able to persuade your father to accept you as you are. To him you will always be wrong, no matter what. I know it, because I got a religiously loaded loon as a father, and I know how those people can be... I guess the only thing you could do is to forget about his opinion and do what you think is best for you. I guess I couldn't have said anything that hadn't already been said before though.

Love kills time, time kills love...

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 08:39:42 pm »
People have basically said this but I wanted to approach it from a different angle.

By telling him how you feel, what you want, what you wish to make of your life, etc., there is no way in which you are affecting him. He is affecting himself by refusing to accept it. You're obviously very caring and selfless, but this is just one of those things where you can't afford to bend yourself around others.

You have the support of this entire community, however much good that does you...

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Miles_Ex_Machina

• Sven Vollfied, once gentleman, always a gentleman
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 11:55:40 pm »
It does strengten your beliefs you know. If so many people are supporting you, it means that your dad just CAN'T be right on this one. ;)

Love kills time, time kills love...

Offline The Erland

• King of the penguins!
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 11:21:44 pm »
Do it as soon as possible, from your posts, you never mention any positive things about waiting and telling him later. Might as well do it now, and get over with it, instead of waiting, and make his reaction even worse.

Good luck, anyhow. :)
BAH!
People that quote themselves in their signatures are full of themselves.

chompy

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 03:42:25 am »
I cannot say anything new as it has already been said, I can only reinforce.

Getting it over and done with as soon as possible would have to be the best choice for yourself. It will feel like a heavy load has been taken off your chest. But you seem to be having some issues with your dad which complicates things.

I wish you good luck in whichever path you choose

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 03:48:26 am »
Carpe Diem!! :D I think your dad should think what's best for you and your decisions rather than denying them
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner