Author Topic: A Forum-wide Challenge  (Read 7469 times)

Offline dialupdaemon

A Forum-wide Challenge
« on: June 06, 2006, 09:03:30 pm »
As some of you know I've been far too busy playing StarCraft to look at the forums lately. I'm in school and am somewhat bored so I'd like to issue a challenge to anyone here who believes their SC skills are worth showing off. Here it is: I am willing to bet that I can take any single person on this forum in a best of 3 series of StarCraft Brood War. BGH is acceptable but real maps are preferred. I refuse to play fastest/zero clutter so don't ask.

I've played Radicz0r a few games and won every time, one match only losing a single unit: my scouting probe. So if you can't take him don't show up  :P

Let me know here or email me at dialupdaemon@gmail.com if you're up for it and perhaps we can post replays or something assuming anyone will actually take the time to play.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 09:06:45 pm by dialupdaemon »
What meaning has my life that the inevitability of death cannot destroy it?

Offline Lammda

• Let there be more light!
Re: A Forum-wide Challenge
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 09:40:01 pm »
I would, but I suck extremely at StarCraft... even lost against my brother recently :-/
But what about some other games? We could create a whole Machinae Supremacy e-sports league ;D
http://www.last.fm/user/Lammda/

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams

Smeagol

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 09:42:18 pm »
But, you use dialup, how the hell can you win a game of Starcraft?

Offline dialupdaemon

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 02:26:55 am »
Take up my challenge and I'll show you Fiindil  :P

Seriously though, its one of the only games I can play online without lagging.

Smeagol

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 12:27:50 pm »
Take up my challenge and I'll show you Fiindil  :P

I'm currently at the stage in Starcraft where I think worker rushes are a good idea :P

Offline Kobi

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 12:57:07 pm »
I've not played StarCraft in years now. I'm stuck heavily on CIV4 :D

chompy

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 01:29:18 pm »
I never really played starcraft... I have had a few goes and won a few times. But I am willing to challenge anyone to a game or two of red alert, heck you could even play it on 56k I know because I used to do just that. Not on the internet but I had to initate a modem call and my opponent would have to accept the call... fun times.

Except when my friend didnt know howto play red alert.. I wiped the map with his arse

Smeagol

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 01:33:28 pm »
Red Alert is easy to play.

If Soviets, then tank rush
If Allies, fight off tank rush and counter

chompy

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 01:35:51 pm »
Oh its not all that... just wait till you play with nukes, iron curtains and the transporter thingy.

There's no doubt i'll play horribly now... but it would be fun

Smeagol

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 01:36:42 pm »
I *really* hate Super Weapons.

chompy

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 01:42:01 pm »
I'll explain my tactic I worked out on myself and then everyone started to copy me and then it got a stack harder.

When the enemy had a shroud curtain and you had your nukes and warpy thingy. Wait for warpy thing and nuke to prime, select a non used vechile or person (APC) and warp it into the middle of their base where the black stuff is. Move the APC around and nuke a suitable area...Send in units. Or rinse wash and repeat.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 11:53:11 pm »
Yuck, RA2.

The orginal is much better, as is TD. I'd play someone at those if it didn't crash to desktop randomly on XP. FYI you can emulate serial over TCP with a application called TCPcom allowing you to play multiplayer without a modem.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 10:05:12 am »
kekeke.

theres an idea... the MaSu Clan.. o_O
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline dialupdaemon

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 08:40:02 pm »
So there are no takers?
I'd really like to play someone, even if its Fiindil trying to do a worker rush. What if I promise not to beat you with any fast cheese attacks? I play exclusively protoss so you don't have to worry about bunker rushes and I'm above trying any kind of fast forge photon cannon builds.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 09:15:06 pm »
I SHALL CRUSH YOU, FOOL!
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."