Author Topic: English  (Read 16372 times)

Smeagol

Re: English
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2006, 03:09:26 pm »
Mother always stated that I should not converse with strangers, so I fear I must respectfully decline the invitation to your wonderous tea party.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2006, 03:13:20 pm »
Oh dashes. What a sorrowful situation.

chompy

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2006, 03:47:04 pm »
Struth Ruth!

Lets go and listen to some monolithic music and nourish on the musical vibes that we accumulate from our ears. The harbinger can be seen as someone insidious or even a dreadnaught.

Someone call a Taxidermist!

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2006, 04:08:02 pm »
Dear friends, I hope my suraptitious entry into your mutual verbal exchange is not seen as a terrible intrusion... but I must insist we all indulge ourselves in a pinch of Machinae Supremacy.

Smeagol

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2006, 05:04:03 pm »
How dashingly adventurous!

Offline ~futilite~

• I have the [Sticky Lizard's Socks of Coolness] :)
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2006, 05:17:52 pm »
What I now still have to say (and forgove me my language, I can't talk in English like you do because  as you see I don't know good words for it) :

How about

arsonist, coherently, subversion, surreal, BUY A GOTDAMN DICTIONARY ?
My problem is not that I don't understand the words they used (but anyway thanks to Torp, even if I already looked the words up) but I wondered how they could know such words.

so - I will take the answer that they know their words from TV as I already considered.
good.

Smeagol

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2006, 05:27:19 pm »
What I now still have to say (and forgove me my language, I can't talk in English like you do because  as you see I don't know good words for it) :

My problem is not that I don't understand the words they used (but anyway thanks to Torp, even if I already looked the words up) but I wondered how they could know such words.

so - I will take the answer that they know their words from TV as I already considered.
good.

Try reading some literature written in the early 1900s and before. If you can stand reading through them, they are a good source of vocabularly.

Lysander

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2006, 06:43:06 pm »
good.

Nonono. Those aren't the sort of words you can simply pick up from tv and know the correct meaning of. I was pretty amazed at robert and gordons english (and tomas, but i dont think i've heard/seen him type when he's not drunk) when i first read their posts. Hell, they speak better than 80 percent of england. It's just a good education i guess.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2006, 08:25:10 pm »
good.

Nonono. Those aren't the sort of words you can simply pick up from tv and know the correct meaning of. I was pretty amazed at robert and gordons english (and tomas, but i dont think i've heard/seen him type when he's not drunk) when i first read their posts. Hell, they speak better than 80 percent of england. It's just a good education i guess.

Though once again it would be just too awesome if they'd talk like that on TV.

JACK BAUER
Hail, brave friend!
Say to the Jack the knowledge of the broil
As thou didst leave it.

TONY ALMEIDA
The multiplying villanies of nature do swarm upon us!

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2006, 10:54:13 pm »
DAVID HASSELHOF

Yarr, for a am a bouncing man-boob.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2006, 11:24:05 am »

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2006, 11:34:13 am »

Offline Spunky

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2006, 06:15:16 pm »
That's why subtitled anime is FTW. Also just prefer the whole feel of it subtitled.

Every monday, me and Akakori sit down in my room and start watching anime. 5 seconds into the episidoe with both start screaming. My dvd player defaults to "English - No Subtitles". 90% of the time its terrible. But there are some animes that i think the English really works.

As for other countries around the world and on the subject of this topic, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SUCKS TO BE U!!!!!1111111111oneoneone

Translation to real English:

Upon every Monday afternoon, just after tea time, me and my good bowls partner Sir Akakori would sit out on the lawn to pleasure ourselves with the wireless. Upon hearing the ghastly English sprout forth from the actors mouths, we cry out in unisom and quickly set the thingy-ma-bob to far east tongue. Although, i must say, there are but a few animes available to the general public whos English speak is will pronounced and delivered.

As for our foreign friends on our neighbouring countries, they don't exactly have the bolloxs of the dog do they?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 06:22:45 pm by Spunky »
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2006, 06:38:12 pm »
Tis the dog\'s bollocks indeed. Quite spiffing.

Smeagol

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2006, 06:45:28 pm »
Shall we copulate?