8 (15.1%)
Wii
32 (60.4%)
PS3
5 (9.4%)
None
8 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Which next gen console(s) will you get?  (Read 16437 times)

McLame

Re: Which next gen console(s) will you get?
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2006, 03:51:39 pm »
Wii. Although not straight away, probably.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2006, 05:06:53 pm »
XBox 360 and Wii. I never liked Playstation.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2006, 06:33:21 pm »
So far MGS and MGS2 have been ported to PC, pretty good chance it will happen again.
Yeah, but they suck lots.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2006, 07:25:42 pm »
jezus, cant understand what people like about the wii..

Meh no consoles for me, sticking with pc for uhm .. better graphics and better speed, and updates, patches, better online gaming, not fucking around with some controller, already purchased, pirate games and..

should i go on ?

according to the original post: No. No you should not.

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2006, 08:07:48 pm »
I'm not that bothered about Metal Gear Solid, but I would beg Kojima to make an original game for the system. From what I've heard from SpiderChii about Boktai, he could do some awesome stuff with the Wii. The man's a genious.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2006, 08:39:55 pm »
From what I've heard from SpiderChii about Boktai, he could do some awesome stuff with the Wii. The man's a genious.
Lunar Nights for DS

It's only a matter of time before he goes to Wii.

Needs to make a new ZOE game too.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2006, 09:29:39 pm »
Kojima needs to be hired on to make a James Bond game. He's obviously obsessed with the series... he'd do a great job with it.

Lunar Knights looks rad.

And I always say, buy consoles over PCs so you don't have to upgrade every two years. Processor speed upgrades about every 18 months. Then you don't have to worry over whether or not a PC will run a game; it's guaranteed. And generally, when consoles come out, they have graphics and processing speed equal to or above those of PCs (later on the PCs surpass the consoles, but for the reason stated above).

With consoles online now, patches and updates come as frequently as they do with PCs. And whereas most people on PC game sonline don't have Ventrilo or similar software and have to use a keyboard for all their talking, EVERYONE on consoles does.  :P

And what's wrong with controllers? I'd rather sit on a nice leather sofa and play a game on a huge, widescreen, HD TV with a wireless rumble controller (or motion sensor, natch) than sit in a cramped office with a monitor smaller than my TV screen.

It's all preference, so whatever. I prefer to buy something that's guaranteed to run for $500 less than fiddle around with PC specs that will be outdated in two years, but still cost me $1000 upwards.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 09:42:49 pm by Harvey Danger? »
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2006, 10:51:06 pm »
So far MGS and MGS2 have been ported to PC, pretty good chance it will happen again.
Yeah, but they suck lots.

No more than they did in psx/ps2.

And what's wrong with controllers? I'd rather sit on a nice leather sofa and play a game on a huge, widescreen, HD TV with a wireless rumble controller (or motion sensor, natch) than sit in a cramped office with a monitor smaller than my TV screen.

I much rather sit with a keyboard and mouse, or joystick if needed, in front of a high resolution monitor in a nice $1000 hermanmiller chair than any couch with a hdtv with one inch pixels. :P
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2006, 11:03:08 pm »
I'm talking about those of us without thousands of dollars.  ;)

I'd prefer to have even just a smaller HD TV over a computer monitor (And you can adjust resolution on HD TVs so they don't have one-inch pixels  :P ).

Keyboard + mouse = more stress on the hands and wrists.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2006, 11:51:18 pm »
No more than they did in psx/ps2.
Nope. PC version has lots of crap cut from it and is overall lamer.

Not to mention console games just control better on consoles.

chompy

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2006, 03:05:03 am »
Geometry Wars is uber-addictive, and if Lumines really is coming out for Arcade, then I'm perfectly set.  :D

From: link'GridWars is basically a PC version of the popular Xbox 360 game, Geometry Wars. Made by Mark Incitti, this release features less special effects compared to the original but also new controls to cater for players who do not own a dual analog joypad.'

link to gridwars: http://www.incitti.com/Blitz/
Download it for your pc or mac... you'll be addicted in no time

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2006, 08:32:46 am »
I'm talking about those of us without thousands of dollars.  ;)

You don't need lots of money, just need to prioritize. Car? Pfft waste of money. Girlfriend? Would probably be cheaper to just get a hooker every day if you really want to waste money that bad. Clothing? Who needs it, no one else will see you buming around naked at the PC or whatever in your parents basement. Food? Sapporo Ichiban ought to be enough for anyone to survive on. :P

I'd prefer to have even just a smaller HD TV over a computer monitor (And you can adjust resolution on HD TVs so they don't have one-inch pixels  :P ).

You can't adjust pixel size if it is LCD/Plasma/SED. Changing the resolution just causes it to be interpolated which only makes things much worse.

Keyboard + mouse = more stress on the hands and wrists.

Not if you use them properly.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2006, 10:45:35 am »

That game is very addictive indeed.

Lysander

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2006, 04:28:45 pm »

Must...beat...highscore..*twitch*

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2006, 01:06:01 am »
You don't need lots of money, just need to prioritize. Car? Pfft waste of money. Girlfriend? Would probably be cheaper to just get a hooker every day if you really want to waste money that bad. Clothing? Who needs it, no one else will see you buming around naked at the PC or whatever in your parents basement. Food? Sapporo Ichiban ought to be enough for anyone to survive on. :P

Lawl @ sarcasm.  :)

You can't adjust pixel size if it is LCD/Plasma/SED. Changing the resolution just causes it to be interpolated which only makes things much worse.

But I believe you can on the CRT tellies (?). If not, well, then my point is moot.

Not if you use them properly.

My desk even has one of those things to rest your wrists on when you type, and they still hurt every once in a while.