8 (15.1%)
Wii
32 (60.4%)
PS3
5 (9.4%)
None
8 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Which next gen console(s) will you get?  (Read 16420 times)

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
Which next gen console(s) will you get?
« on: May 12, 2006, 02:48:17 pm »
OK, so e3 has come and gone... and there's been a lot of cool stuff shown (from nintendo) and a lot of bullshit (from sony). So which console(s) do you intend to buy?

There's 3 votes per person, so rich bastards can put them all down. No "consoles are shit, pc owns" comments please. if you dont intend to get a console, just vote none and be done with it.

for me it's xbox 360 and wii, no question about it. as far as im concerned sony have seriously fucked up.

Offline Spunky

Re: Which next gen console(s) will you get?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 03:39:56 pm »
No consoles for me, pc's OWN!

But seriously. I won't be buying one myself but i am 100% sure that the house i'm moving into at uni will have all 3. I want a PS3 for RPG's, an XBOX for cool games and a Wii for party games.

If i got told i coudl have anyone of them for free i would get a (PS3 and sell it to buy a) Wii. Wii looks really fun and has alot of potential with games. i thought the DS was a shit idea to begin with but its actually really fun cause its innovative.

:)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 03:57:28 pm by Spunky »
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 03:45:19 pm »
A Wii.

Maybe one of the others too, only time will tell.

But I will surely get a Wii no matter what.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 04:24:44 pm »
Gotta catch 'em all, is my motto.
I need every console with a (real) Final Fantasy on, thus PS3 is on the list.
You can't really call yourself a gamer if you don't want to own a Revolution.
The Xbox has some really neat games coming up, but my interest in it has dropped a lot since I saw that the Shadowrun game developed for it would be a damn CTF FPS, so I'm not sure about it anymore.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 06:08:59 pm »
Depends on how good the Mistwalker RPGs are going to be, I'd rather get them that yet another Final Fantasy. Plus Lumines is going to be on XBLA ^_^ So I don't even have to get a PSP anymore ^_^ So X360 is likely, as is the Revo. PS3 is going to have to pull some big tricks out of the bag to persuade me.

Smeagol

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 06:26:58 pm »
Definitly the Wii

The 360, did not seem that great. The controls irritated me, and the games out so far, seem pretty substandard.

The PS3, the ONLY thing that MAY make me get it is MGS4, but there is no way I am spending over £300 for it.

The Wii, I just have to get, if not only for SSBB.

Lysander

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 09:13:12 pm »
Wii will be my first console. Once the PS3 finally drops in price I'll buy one of them too.
I will NEVER EVER, however, even consider buying a xbox 360.

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 09:25:50 pm »
Microsoft blows.  If anything, I'll probably get an original X-Box for a select few games and maybe eventually break down and get a 360 in, like, a year when they're cheap as fuck.

I'm getting a Wii for sure and keeping it so I can play it for hours on end.

I'm buying two or three PlayStation 3s when they come out for the sole purpose of selling them on eBay.
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 09:27:04 pm »
Definitly the Wii

The 360, did not seem that great. The controls irritated me, and the games out so far, seem pretty substandard.

The PS3, the ONLY thing that MAY make me get it is MGS4, but there is no way I am spending over £300 for it.

The Wii, I just have to get, if not only for SSBB.

MGS 4 is going to be on the Wii as well.
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Smeagol

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 09:32:03 pm »

Best news I have heard all day

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 09:33:08 pm »

Best news I have heard all day

Haha.

At least there's a high chance it will be.  With Snake's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it seems that Konami will also be releasing MGS 4 on the Wii, since I have seen the game title on a few Wii game queues.

Offline Kobi

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 10:17:55 pm »
I'm definently getting the Wii. Since you are gonna be able to get all the old SNES and NES games to it. I don't get much console games these days but I really miss my old Super Nintendo and the games I had.

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 10:28:42 pm »
I'm definently getting the Wii. Since you are gonna be able to get all the old SNES and NES games to it. I don't get much console games these days but I really miss my old Super Nintendo and the games I had.

EH
MEW
LAY
SHUN

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 11:51:19 pm »
I've already got a 360, and I majorly <3 that. Oblivion, GRAW, and COD2 take up all my time (mostly Oblivion  ;D ). Arcade is a dream... Geometry Wars is uber-addictive, and if Lumines really is coming out for Arcade, then I'm perfectly set.  :D

All next year, I'll be saving for Wii. If I can get MGS4 for $500 less, and still get to have Super Smash Brawl and whatnot on the same console, then it's a win-win. No need for PS3 if the only game I want for it is on Nintendo...
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Lysander

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 11:52:40 pm »
Geometry Wars

Whats that? Nothing remotely mathmatical i hope. :)

EH
MEW
LAY
SHUN

More fun playing it on the console with a real controller, on your television, rather than on the PC.