Author Topic: Line 6  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
Line 6
« on: May 11, 2006, 08:55:06 am »
So, after owning a POD XTLive for well over a year, I've finally broken down and started to create my own sound settings for the thing.  The problem is, I'm having trouble actually putting together this sound and that effect with such-and-such level so that I can get a good distorted sound out of it.

Now, I'm rather partial to Machinae's distorted guitar sound and was wondering if anyone has produced any sound similar to it (provided that you share some sort of Line 6 product, like myself).

I'm also interested in creating my own Line 6 effects (.l6t files), but don't have any grounds for doing so (aside from tweaking other people's effects and the effects that come standard on the pedal itself), so some advice about going about that would be great.  You know, certain combinations of cabs and amps that I should experiment with and stuff, right?  Right.

So, if anyone has some .l6t files to share or if I can get some input from some band members, that'd be pretty awesome. =D
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Re: Line 6
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 04:37:29 am »
Google.  ;D

Musiciansfriend.com rocks.  :) Is the pedal good enough to warrant the $400 tag?
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 09:06:55 am »
Google.  ;D

Musiciansfriend.com rocks.  :) Is the pedal good enough to warrant the $400 tag?

Bah, I tried Google.  I HAET it.  I did all sorts of searches and got irrelevant results.

As for the price, I'm surprised it's not more.  With this thing, you can practically do everything.  You can create nigh any sound effect to be used for recording a demo/album or playing a live show.  It's fucking killer.  I just want to be able to use it to its full potential.

Some dude on the Nile forums owns one and he recorded this extremely professional-sounding epic piece called "Pharaoh's Empire" (which I have uploaded).  It's so well done, it's amazing to know that some average Joe did it, because if no one knew any better, they'd think that Karl Sanders of Nile actually did it.  It's quite impressive and at an epic thirty minutes in length, it's worth listening to.

All the guy used was a POD XTLive and DrumKit From Hell v2.0.
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 12:05:05 am »
That's fucking amazing.

And it's good to know I found someone else who has actually heard of Nile.  ;D
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 12:39:22 am »
That's fucking amazing.

And it's good to know I found someone else who has actually heard of Nile.  ;D

If it's good and metal, I've probably heard of it. O:

Offline EizN

• I Like Beer... :D
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 04:05:17 pm »
the thing can as you say do it all... but using digital technology for heavy metal is gonna come back at ya later one way or another... i mean sure you can make amazing sounds with line 6 stuff, ive got some gear myself. but i NEVER EVER use it live. when you out on those monster distorsions with delays and digital scoops and so on the sound technician is just going to freak. then you will end up playing a monster solo only heard on stage but lost in the mix on the way to the listeners ears. ive got experience and i have (mind the word) WASTED too many solons that fucking got lost in a mixer somewhere. Seriously there is nothing beating a true tube rig when it comes to live sound. my advise is get yourself a proper marshallstack or just to as the rich smart top of the line players. get yourself the peavey 5150.
METAL UP YOUR ASS!

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 10:12:51 am »
the thing can as you say do it all... but using digital technology for heavy metal is gonna come back at ya later one way or another... i mean sure you can make amazing sounds with line 6 stuff, ive got some gear myself. but i NEVER EVER use it live. when you out on those monster distorsions with delays and digital scoops and so on the sound technician is just going to freak. then you will end up playing a monster solo only heard on stage but lost in the mix on the way to the listeners ears. ive got experience and i have (mind the word) WASTED too many solons that fucking got lost in a mixer somewhere. Seriously there is nothing beating a true tube rig when it comes to live sound. my advise is get yourself a proper marshallstack or just to as the rich smart top of the line players. get yourself the peavey 5150.

Well, in saying that, I was just looking for a straight distorted sound.  Nothing super fancy, no "out of this world" sound.  Just straight distortion.