Author Topic: Ah Sony...  (Read 34252 times)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
Re: Ah Sony...
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 10:17:57 pm »
Am I the only one who actually likes what they've done to the PS3?
So what if the gyro thingie is a Nintendo ripoff, as long as it makes the games funnier to play I'm all for it.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 10:56:41 pm »
So what if the gyro thingie is a Nintendo ripoff, as long as it makes the games funnier to play I'm all for it.

*coughs*
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2006, 11:19:50 pm »
who cares
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Lysander

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2006, 11:21:50 pm »
Please don't tell me that's the new PS3 controller?

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2006, 11:23:41 pm »
Please don't tell me that's the new PS3 controller?

No, it's not. XD The PS3 controller looks like the PS2 controller, but wireless.
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Lysander

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2006, 11:29:12 pm »
So its no longer the austrailian-inspired boomerang design?
..Hell, i might just save for one of these after all.

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2006, 11:34:05 pm »
From xe.com, just now, 599 USD = 471 Eur = 322 GBP however Sony's offical European price is 599 Eur = 409 GBP = 760 USD = we pay more than our US cousins. Import ftw.

Haha, import?

What about the NTSC to PAL translation?

PAL is almost dead, 90% of TVs these days support NTSC, even cheap crap ones. All you'd need is a step-down converter and you can get those pretty much anywhere *shrugs*

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2006, 11:45:11 pm »
anyway it's all about the games people

the games

think of the games
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2006, 11:47:05 pm »
PAL is almost dead, 90% of TVs these days support NTSC, even cheap crap ones. All you'd need is a step-down converter and you can get those pretty much anywhere *shrugs*

:O

Awesome!

Offline Spiff

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2006, 12:08:06 am »
anyway it's all about the games people
*Every gamer on the 'net covers their ears and go "lalalalalalalala"*

I wouldn't buy a console for that price no matter the games, though.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2006, 12:17:15 am »
Neither would I, which is why price drops = rooler

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2006, 01:53:03 am »
A Nintendo representative was famously quoted after last years E3 that they didn't reveal the controller for their upcoming console because other companies would steal it. Lo and behold, they were right. After what was already an under whelming showing, PlayStation developer Ken Kutaragi pulled a standard Dual Shock controller from his breast pocket to a silent audience of journalists. When the controller was put to use, we learned it had motion sensors.

Not really motion sensors though. What's inside is a tilt sensor. Phil Harrison, president of Sony Worldwide, proudly boasted about how innovative this controller would be during a sloppy, obviously almost impossible to control demo of Warhawk. No one in the audience believed a word of this, and the lack of any real cheering proved it.

It's stunning enough that he had the audacity to claim innovation, but the controller doesn't even offer as much as Nintendo's upcoming Wii. The PS3's Dual Shock only senses tilting, not actual movement that could move a character in and out of the screen. A press release later stated the controller wouldn't feature any vibration features either, something they failed to mention during the conference.

lol.

wait... there's more...

Adding to a list of things they must have "forgotten" about, it seems like a pretty important detail when the lower priced $499 model won't have HDMI support, Wi-Fi, or a slot for memory sticks. They indicated the price difference would be because of the hard drives, a fine way to try and slip by important facts to the press who may not read the rundown on paper.

wow, i can really see sony having a hard time in this console war.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 01:54:49 am by SomethingGood »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2006, 01:58:44 am »
whoah thats gotta suck.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2006, 04:40:14 am »
They deserve it. And I hope MGS4 gets released for the Wii, just so I can laugh in the faces of PS3 fanboys.

God, I hate Sony. Not even Front Mission 5 would warrant a buy for this console.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2006, 04:54:28 am »

So you've sold your soul for a few good games...
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."