Author Topic: Ah Sony...  (Read 32005 times)

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
Ah Sony...
« on: May 09, 2006, 11:45:36 am »
http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149586

The all 'new' PS3 pad has been unveiled. No more force feedback, but a motion sensor thing instead o.O Retailing at around $600 (about £350), doesn't look like a PS3 is high on my wish list this year ;)

Offline Spunky

Re: Ah Sony...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 12:17:44 pm »
Apparently the release in japan and the west will be within a week of each other. "Sold out" anyone?
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 01:12:29 pm »
I expect that at least two people will die in an attempt to obtain a PlayStation 3.

I lie not.
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Offline Spunky

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 01:17:50 pm »
I expect that at least two people will die in an attempt to obtain a PlayStation 3.

I lie not.

I believe you.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 01:23:38 pm »

I lie not.

I believe you.

Well, I would only hope so.  After the fiasco that was the X-Box 360 (I saw someone buy a BOX FOR THE FUCKING CONSOLE ON EBAY FOR $600!), I would not be surprised if there were at least a couple of deaths chalked up in the name of obtaining a PlayStation 3.
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Offline Kobi

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 01:47:33 pm »

I lie not.

I believe you.

Well, I would only hope so.  After the fiasco that was the X-Box 360 (I saw someone buy a BOX FOR THE FUCKING CONSOLE ON EBAY FOR $600!), I would not be surprised if there were at least a couple of deaths chalked up in the name of obtaining a PlayStation 3.

Thats not even the funniest XBOX 360 story from Ebay. A dude posted an ad at the same price of an XBOX 360... so everyone thought. He wrote allot of jibberish text, long like an EULA text on software that no one ever reads. And of course in this case no one read it. So the bid winner found out that in the text the seller was selling an image of an XBOX 360. $600+ for an XBOX 360 image, I'd have gone berserk.

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 01:57:30 pm »
Thats not even the funniest XBOX 360 story from Ebay. A dude posted an ad at the same price of an XBOX 360... so everyone thought. He wrote allot of jibberish text, long like an EULA text on software that no one ever reads. And of course in this case no one read it. So the bid winner found out that in the text the seller was selling an image of an XBOX 360. $600+ for an XBOX 360 image, I'd have gone berserk.

I remember that one as well.

I still think getting an empty box is funnier, because it's like "I wonder if the X-Box 360 is really this light..." and then you open the box to find it empty aside from a note from the seller telling the buyer to enjoy his spiffy new box.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 01:57:37 pm »
See? This is why I don't like Sony; this is EXACTLY what I thought they'd do. "Hey let's just ripp off our compeditors!" "Brilliance, sir!" "Buttsecks now!".

Fuck Sony. Fuck their controller. FUCK THE PS3.

....Go play the NES.
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 01:58:42 pm »
See? This is why I don't like Sony; this is EXACTLY what I thought they'd do. "Hey let's just ripp off our compeditors!" "Brilliance, sir!" "Buttsecks now!".

Fuck Sony. Fuck their controller. FUCK THE PS3.

....Go play the NES.

SNES is vastly superior, I assure you.

Also, they changed the boomerang/dildo controller back to a more PS2-esque conventional model.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 02:00:20 pm »
...My post was in responce to the article posted at the begining of this thread, which told me that.

My "Fuck their controller" remark was aimed at the new one.

And no, NES ftw.
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 02:11:02 pm »
...My post was in responce to the article posted at the begining of this thread, which told me that.

My "Fuck their controller" remark was aimed at the new one.

And no, NES ftw.

I see what you did there.

NES, ftw?

How dare you?

Offline Spunky

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 02:23:29 pm »
Take your gay NES banta somewhere else! We are supposed to be dissing Sony.

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 02:30:57 pm »
Take your gay NES banta somewhere else! We are supposed to be dissing Sony.

SNES >>>>>>>>>>>> NES >>>>>>>>> Sony

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 02:32:47 pm »
Sorry, messed up the pricing there. according to CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=139229) the price is 600 Euros... which is £410, which is also $720. Someone at Sony HQ has obviously never heard of exhange rates, much like the PS2 on launch costing £299 compared with $299 so we were paying almost $100 extra there too. There's also a cheaper model at about £350 but I'm not sure of the difference between the SKUs, find out yourselves :P

why not make a big sign saying 'We hate Europe!' Sony?

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 02:52:12 pm »
Lawl.

I do believe it's going to be $500 and $600 USD for the two different models.

http://www.xe.com/

Do the exchanges yourself. >_>