Author Topic: Give me money.  (Read 10343 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Give me money.
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2006, 01:06:25 am »
Melodic Metalcore.

So that's not metal, right ?

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2006, 04:37:59 am »
미소 와 키스

Ew lol.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2006, 04:41:54 am »
:(
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline not12x

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2006, 05:26:20 am »
<3

(btw, that earlier comment was sarcasm.  gots me no beef with ya)

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2006, 05:36:10 am »
(btw, that earlier comment was sarcasm.  gots me no beef with ya)
Good. I was worried you went and looked up my handle in a dictionary.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2006, 05:48:27 am »
Melodic Metalcore.

Nope.  Too much punk influence, considering that actual Hardcore music is a derivation of punk music, usually just heavily distorting punk-style riffs and using harsher vocals.
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Offline not12x

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2006, 06:06:20 am »
Melodic Metalcore.

Nope.  Too much punk influence, considering that actual Hardcore music is a derivation of punk music, usually just heavily distorting punk-style riffs and using harsher vocals.

case and point: The Beltones.

though they arent melodic metalcore.  just hardcore.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2006, 06:23:13 pm »
Melodic Metalcore.

Indeed. I'm just glad someone finally knows what real hardcore is. Most kids I talk to think pretty much anything loud is hardcore, nowadays...

I don't think I've ever heard metalcore before. Sounds... interesting.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2006, 10:29:12 pm »
real hardcore

Careful... inching toward pedantic musical elitism territory.

For my part, I call Unearth "salsa" and just get on with my life.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2006, 10:55:50 pm »
Not elitism, just general knowledge of musical genres. Hardcore was originally punk rock with harsher vocals, etc., as Cloud said. But MTV kids nowadays are calling music like "Trapt" hardcore. Just like how they call "Linkin Park" metal and "Avenged Sevenfold" metal, and call "The Starting Line" and "Relient K" punk rock. None of it is what they say it is; they're diluting the genres with music that doesn't belong there.

Listen to what you want, but don't classify it as something it's not. I'm not trying to degrade the music, just organize it correctly, and make sure other people do too.

Like when you have visitors over your house... when they take something out, you want them to put it back where it was originally, correct (Of course, assuming you aren't a pig and have at least some level of organization  :P )? I want people to make sure they keep things in order, so they themselves don't start becoming high and mighty and saying "Oh, look at me, I listen to metal!"

That's where the musical elitism comes from on both sides: one side claims they're something they aren't, and the other "original" side gets pissed and feels they have to further divide themselves from the "posers."

But, then again, I suppose if some genre barriers aren't broken, then music will never progress, right?
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2006, 11:16:11 pm »
just organize it correctly, and make sure other people do too.

But... why? it's just music.

I want people to make sure they keep things in order, so they themselves don't start becoming high and mighty and saying "Oh, look at me, I listen to metal!"

don't worry about other people. If they want to think they're better than others because of their taste in music, then they're already as pathetic as they're gonna be and arguing with them only makes them angry.

But, then again, I suppose if some genre barriers aren't broken, then music will never progress, right?

word.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2006, 11:20:36 pm »
But... why? it's just music.

Because I'm a human, and it's natural human instinct to search for patterns and organization in the world. When it's not organized, everything gets effed up.

don't worry about other people. If they want to think they're better than others because of their taste in music, then they're already as pathetic as they're gonna be and arguing with them only makes them angry.

I worry about other people because other people are the ones determining what our next jump in music will be.

word.

Whurd.

Smeagol

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2006, 12:32:01 am »
Because I'm a human, and it's natural human instinct to search for patterns and organization in the world. When it's not organized, everything gets effed up.

Harvey, meet my good friend, Chaos. He wishes to tell you that you are wrong, and disorder is a good thing.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2006, 12:46:11 am »
Chaos + Me = Something dying.