Author Topic: Give me money.  (Read 10340 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Give me money.
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 02:00:22 am »
Whats with all the Unearth hatred?

Also, the new AFI song sounds emo :(
I LOVE UNEARTH !

They are the best metal band atm imo.

the new afi song is utter crap.

i mean, if you hear this, and then, lets say, the boy who destroyed the world, this is sooo shitty o.0

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2006, 03:38:27 am »

i mean, if you hear this, and then, lets say, the boy who destroyed the world, this is sooo shitty o.0

Totalimmortal ftw.

And wasn't sing the sorrow just as emo crap as the new stuff? i thought everyone agreed they sold out back then. Maybe they just sold out more.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2006, 04:09:29 am »
Which new AFI song? I just heard "Miss Murder" and that was enough to sell me. The only emo band I actually like. Sing the Sorrow wasn't too great, but their older stuff is still awesome. The fact that their first album cover was a take on Reservoir Dogs redeems them for selling out now.

Dream Theater's music is just drawn out. The constant striving of most "progressive" bands (Dream Theater) to maintain a perfect EVERYTHING in their music just gets tired after a while. Just because you graduated from Berklee College of Music doesn't mean you're a genius.

Tool's drummer is awesome, but the new CD actually "grooves" a lot more than Lateralus. No more forgettable guitar riffs; they actually sound like they were pretty heavily influenced by some older stuff. As my guitar teacher put it, "If the guy from 'A Beautiful Mind' was the guitarist for Audioslave." Besides, I've always considered them more experimental/alternative than progressive. It's all perspective, methinks.

And yes, the Red Hot Chili Peppers are still alive, and they rule me. They got da phunk. And John Frusciante is one hell of a musician.

I ordered Redeemer a week ago last Saturday, so it should be here soon. Then my amazingly musical summer shall begin.

I'm actually now debating between the AFI album and buying Advent Children. Does the movie warrant a buy, or will I watch it once and never use it again?

That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 01:30:21 am »
Keep the musical convo going!

Besides, I still need a review of Advent Children from someone.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2006, 02:55:05 am »
Which new AFI song? I just heard "Miss Murder" and that was enough to sell me. The only emo band I actually like. Sing the Sorrow wasn't too great, but their older stuff is still awesome. The fact that their first album cover was a take on Reservoir Dogs redeems them for selling out now.

Dream Theater's music is just drawn out. The constant striving of most "progressive" bands (Dream Theater) to maintain a perfect EVERYTHING in their music just gets tired after a while. Just because you graduated from Berklee College of Music doesn't mean you're a genius.

At the risk of sounding like Generic Music Ego 3, AFI's earlier stuff was definitely better. The album you mentioned, "Answer that and stay fashionable," was pretty sexy punk, and then up through black sails in the sunset was pretty sexy [whatever you want to call AFI]. Then they became all......... myspace.

And as has been said before, Dream Theater is more or less completely overrated, but since people tend to agree, maybe they're the only ones overrating themselves. They do have some sexy stuff but if i only enjoy <50% of an album, that's failure via inconsistency for me.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2006, 03:10:55 am »
Lol, \"sexy punk.\" I\'m hoping that they\'ll change back, eventually...

And yes, when you have to forward through most of the songs just to find one you like, then a band has failed to bring happiness to a listener.

I\'m listening to Lateralus in the alternate track order with the 5-second crossfading on, so there\'s no silence in between, and so far it\'s teh sex.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2006, 03:16:40 am »
Come on , Girls not grey is still much better than the WHOLE new album together.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2006, 03:17:23 am »
I haven\'t heard the whole new album, so I\'d have no idea. But that was a good song.

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2006, 04:06:26 am »

I LOVE UNEARTH !

lmao

Unearth isn't a metal band.
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2006, 07:27:52 am »
See, here's where it gets really difficult to decide stuff.  Personally, i put about seventeen times the emphasis on vox over anything else.  either the vox have to be good, or the lyrics have to be good, or catchy.

A lot of the bands i love are either mediocre musicians or shitty musicians.  to name a few: Leftover Crack is absolutely disgusting, ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead is mediocre, Son Of Sam is bearable, and KMFDM is... well, KMFDM.  i have the biggest respect for musicians who can impress me, and stick a song in my head.  there are times where shitty drums are called for, and there are times where epic masterpieces are called for.  a song that is very basic is no worse off than a song taht is technically perfect.

and i know none of you have said anything contrary to this, i just feel a need to make this point.  but, while we're discussing beautiful tunes, i'll mention my favorite artist form each genre:
KMFDM
Radiohead
Puff Dragon
The Killers
The Soviettes
Machinae (given)
Pretty Girls Make Graves

on that list, i know of only one AMAZING, drop dead, sure shot high calibre musician, and that is Puff Dragon.  he/she is the undisputed master of Downtempo Psytrance, in my book.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2006, 04:58:43 pm »

I LOVE UNEARTH !

lmao

Unearth isn't a metal band.
No i bet its some prog-go-fuck-yourself Power-core-undefined-subcatagorycore.. post.

AMIRITE

Now zip it punksucker

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2006, 05:42:36 pm »
This game's winner is...
Captain Radiczor.

(show me your moves!)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2006, 07:00:22 pm »
This game's winner is...
Captain Radiczor.

(show me your moves!)

Oh, God, no, please, don't.

ADVENT CHILDREN REVIEW FUCKER! I don't wanna blow $20.

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2006, 07:27:51 pm »
No i bet its some prog-go-fuck-yourself Power-core-undefined-subcatagorycore.. post.

AMIRITE

Now zip it punksucker

lmao

Melodic Metalcore.

So says Metal Archives

You lose!
Good day, sir!

There used to be a Brutal Death Metal band under the same name from New Mexico, but they've been split up for some time.
=( They were much better.
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2006, 12:38:11 am »
Radiohead
ew lol
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."