Author Topic: Give me money.  (Read 10304 times)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Give me money.
« on: May 09, 2006, 05:36:27 am »
There's a crapload of new CD's comin' out (or already out) and I need money. Right now I can afford the new Tool, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and AFI. But there's oh so many more...

So, I'll gladly accept donations!  ;D
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
Re: Give me money.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 05:59:21 am »
There's a crapload of new CD's comin' out (or already out) and I need money. Right now I can afford the new Tool, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and AFI. But there's oh so many more...

So, I'll gladly accept donations!  ;D

GTFO MY INTERNETS!

Unless I can have some money, too.

>_>
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 07:13:32 am »
Tool

Eugh.

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Whoa, they're not dead?

AFI

*sad head-shaking*

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 07:16:26 am »
Tool

Eugh.

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Whoa, they're not dead?

AFI

*sad head-shaking*

Unearth ?

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 08:22:30 am »
Tool

Eugh.

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Whoa, they're not dead?

AFI

*sad head-shaking*

Unearth ?

lmao

Unearth sucks.
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Offline Spunky

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 11:02:22 am »
Gief glod plix
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 11:03:46 am »
Any donations to Spider Chii's Redeemer Fund would also be most welcome ;)

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 01:11:38 pm »
Any donations to Spider Chii's Redeemer Fund would also be most welcome ;)

Do you want a copy of REDEEMER?

If you can wait three weeks, I would be more than happy to buy one for you, complete stranger.

Nobody should be without Machinae.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 01:17:09 pm »
Gief glod for sex plix.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 01:24:32 pm »
Gief glod for sex plix.

How I mine for fish?

MDX

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 01:43:19 pm »
Tool are a highly talented band.. HIGHLY. do not diss.

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 01:54:34 pm »
Tool are a highly talented band.. HIGHLY. do not diss.

Tool has two good members. :T

Danny Carey is a drumming genius.  His use of Fibonacci sequences in congruence to his drumming is really out of this world.  I respect him greatly as a drummer.

Justin Chancellor is a wicked bassist and the fact that his inclusion in the band is more oustanding than the guitar itself is something you don't hear too much in any sort of band, let alone a progressive style band where the synthesizer is supposed to be the key instrument.

Maynard James Keenan is a boring vocalist.  All he brings to the table as far as musical talent is concerned (lyrical writing aside) is mediocre vocals.  I was honestly never too fond of A Perfect Circle, either.

Adam Jones...Why the Hell is this guy in the band at all?  He's worthless.  He sucks at guitar and his inclusion in the band is minimal, since on pretty much every Tool album I've heard (Lateralus in particular), the guitar was downplayed to the point of insignificance.  Forgettable guitar riffs do not bode well with me.

As songwriters, they're great.  Tool brings a lot of great stuff to music, especially with Lateralus (what, with the alternate track sequence and the excellent song construction), but as individual musicians, only Danny Carey really stands out from the band.

There are better progressive bands out there. :T

If anyone so much as says "Dream Theater" in reference to this, I will shun them, because Dream Theater are nothing but pompous, overblown, middle-aged men who have nothing better to do than wank on their instruments than get together and write a good fucking album.  I haven't heard any superbly good Dream Theater music since Metropolis, Part II: Scenes From A Memory.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 03:31:34 pm »
No, but Metropolis Part II was superb.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

MDX

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 05:02:54 pm »
tools singer is quite good, just depends on your preference. i think tool are less progressively inclined than other bands youre comparing them to. for the more alternate mainstream heavy scene, they do a good job, and perfect circle have some nice pieces, though ill admit i havent listened to them as much.

the drummer from tool is my main drive, plus the vocalist, the bassist too.. guitars ill admit youre right therre about forgettable riffs. the technique you talk about that the tool drummer uses, thats interesting.. im gonna have to read into that, would definetly like to try that technique

McLame

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 05:09:01 pm »

OMG, you have spoken the truth! You have opened my eyes! *bows down* If it were not for your advanced musical taste and opinion on these bands I would have been forever stuck in a world of mediocre progressive metal!!!!111 *kneels down* What do you ask of me, master?

..actually, sod it.
np:Dream Theater - Endless Sacrifice