Author Topic: Collector's or non-collector's edition of Oblivion?  (Read 2697 times)

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
Collector's or non-collector's edition of Oblivion?
« on: May 07, 2006, 10:17:14 am »
I'm thinking of getting a new computer so I will be able to run some of the newer games, including Oblivion.

Now, from the site where I always order my games (www.cd-wow.com), they have two different editions of Oblivion - a collector's edition and a normal edition.

According to the site:
"Collector's Edition Includes These Exclusive Materials:
# Septim Gold Coin: An authentic replicated Septimcoin, the official currency of Tamriel.
# Pocket Guide to the Empire.
# 112 page guide to every aspect of Tamriel, including it's people, provinces, and much more!
# Making of Oblivion Documentary: DVD of a special behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of the game."

The collector's edition is £ 12 more than the normal edition, is it worth it and should I therefore buy that edition?

Offline Armakuni

• ARMAKUNI [SAYS]
Re: Collector's or non-collector's edition of Oblivion?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 11:49:31 am »
if you are a collector buy the collectors edtion, cause if you dont give a shit about the history of different wars and getting a coin, its not worth it.
I bought the collectors and couldnt be happier ^^ but i am also a elder scrolls fan, and i find it a must for fans.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 12:38:16 pm »
Basically what Eldritch said...

I'm a Elder Scrolls fan so I got the Collector's Edition.

The Tamriel guide is a nice add on with some interesting bits of Elder Scrolls lore and history... again, just for Elder Scrolls geeks I guess. The coin is definitely better than the Ordinator figure that came with the Morrowind collector's edition. The making of DVD isn't that valuable. The making of itself is rather short and besides that there's just a trailer and some pictures on the DVD. I would've liked a book with the artwork and concept sketches better, like the one for Morrowind.

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 01:45:21 pm »
I haven't played Elder Scrolls before, but I heard that this game rocks, so I thought I just might check it out.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 05:35:17 pm »
I got the Usenet edition.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

MDX

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 06:14:00 pm »
Oblivion, its no Wow. and ive played it, so i know these things, HOW DO I GET TO PLAY ALL THESE GAMES WITHOUT A PC its not right.

i dont deserve knowledge.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 10:14:42 pm »
Save your money and just get the regular one. You'll probably need that £12 to start saving towards a new GPU to play it.  :P
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 10:26:06 pm »
Nope, I don't.

I already have enough money for a new one... I'm just waiting to buy it because a friend of mine is going to assemble it for me and he says that I'll be able to get a kickass processor if I wait a few months.
And I can wait that long.

Besides, it's my birthday in a couple of months so I'll probably be able to get some money for it then.

chompy

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 07:56:36 am »
*Gasp* 12 pounds extra for the collects... wow it was like 10-20 aud extra for the collectors (note pound is about 1Pound:2.5AUD)

I liked the dvd extra that came with it, gives an e3 footage, behind the scenes, and interviews with verious people from departments. I really like the coin, dropped it once and I became a bit sad :( . But for an extra 30 AUD I wouldn't bother with the collectors, I'd just find someone with it and borrow theirs.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 08:50:20 am »
Nope, I don't.

I already have enough money for a new one... I'm just waiting to buy it because a friend of mine is going to assemble it for me and he says that I'll be able to get a kickass processor if I wait a few months.
And I can wait that long.

Besides, it's my birthday in a couple of months so I'll probably be able to get some money for it then.

Would that be Conroe?
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 09:26:06 am »
Would that be Conroe?

Would what be Conroe?

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 08:18:26 am »
Would that be Conroe?

Would what be Conroe?

That "kickass processor" you mentioned.

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 02:42:14 pm »
Oh. I don't know.

He just told me about a processor, so I don't know the name.