Author Topic: Mine Own Redeemer just arrivied thread.  (Read 12598 times)

Offline Megascorcher

Re: Mine Own Redeemer just arrivied thread.
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 08:41:25 am »
I gotta say, I agree that I've never listened to a Machinae song and was impressed on the first go (except any instrumental stuff), but I feel like this album was different.  I did like a lot of songs the first time I heard it, and I found they were really catchy and kept getting stuck in my head.  That started to change though, the few songs I didn't like when I first listened to the album became my favorite songs, and now I'm left with a cd where I don't wanna hear like 70% of the tracks.   

It does sound like the production is better than DXM, and I think they sound more like they are playing as a band, and are using every instrument well.  What's missing between DXM and Redeemer, I feel, is the guitar...I don't know where it went, the only truly awesome solos are in Kaori Stomp, Hate and Rogue World Asylum (the bass on that song is pretty sweet to).  But seriously, I feel like they improved all of the aspects of their music, but dropped the one that was the best in the first place...their extreme guitar virtuosity. 

Hopefully it comes back on the next album.

Btw, Through the looking glass is still a great song...but I heard it a million times already.

Laser Turret

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 11:36:25 am »
I gotta say, I agree that I've never listened to a Machinae song and was impressed on the first go (except any instrumental stuff), but I feel like this album was different.  I did like a lot of songs the first time I heard it, and I found they were really catchy and kept getting stuck in my head.  That started to change though, the few songs I didn't like when I first listened to the album became my favorite songs, and now I'm left with a cd where I don't wanna hear like 70% of the tracks.   

It's very weird that, how its takes time for the best albums to get into. For example, I bought two Janne Da Arc CDs while in Japan: Arcadia and Joker. never heard a single song off them before. Got home and listened. Joker's tracks jumped out at me so much more, especially its first song, while Arcadia didn't do much, and so Joker was demmed the winner, I suppose. However, slowly but surely, I found myself listening to Arcadia more and more than I did Joker and I discovered that Arcadia had more good tracks, while Joker only had one or two outstandings.

As for Machinae's album, like many of you, I had a bit of trouble upon initial listening, but it was always good enough to listen again, and then again, and eventually you love it. (DXM was harder for me to get into than Redeemer though.) And the reason you listen again? Because even though you do'nt think its the best Machinae you heard at first, any Machinae song is miles better than anything other artist you know of.

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 12:16:29 pm »
As with Insidious, i strongly dislike the first 10 or so seconds of Elite...
^____________________^
               \__/

chompy

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2006, 12:54:24 pm »
I thought my amplifier/speakers was going to die when I chucked the CD in. I turned it off quickly and did a few checks... nope everything good, turned it back on and hoped for the best. It felt like it started to clip or it just died for those first 10 seconds.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 05:22:52 am »

THANK you.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Zombie With Style

• Sleep and fade away for I've got the style!
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 06:28:13 am »

THANK you.

wha???

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 11:36:30 am »

THANK you.

wha???

I found both beginnings of both songs unsatisfactory methods of starting an album. That's all I'm gonna say, it's only an opinion, I'm not saying I'm right, we all still love teh Machsup so party on, dudes.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Megascorcher

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2006, 06:49:47 am »
That's weird, I thought DXM opened real cool.  Same with Elite actually.  I listen to a lot of harder metal though...so I guess that's why I like the opening to Elite.

Offline Julmis

• Steven commands you! Obey!
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2006, 05:53:00 pm »
I like it also, actually I love it. :)

Lysander

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 05:55:35 pm »
I found both beginnings of both songs unsatisfactory methods of starting an album. That's all I'm gonna say, it's only an opinion, I'm not saying I'm right, we all still love teh Machsup so party on, dudes.

I don't think insidiious was the perfect opening, but elite wasn't as bad i reckon. Couldn't imagine the singing starting any earlier in either :)

Offline Cthulus Pet

• Is it alive?
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2006, 08:52:20 pm »
Words cant describe my love for this cd

Offline Tenkai Star

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2006, 09:31:13 pm »
Got mine today. Damn that is a good CD. All the tracks are just brilliant.
Sol är bäst på radio.

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2006, 09:59:42 pm »

Alright, so I'm not the only one.  I didn't think the intro to "Insidious" was entirely appropriate as a lead-in (well, after the Japanese girl) and it was always a bit of a throw-off for me.

There's something about the choppy intro to "Elite" that doesn't quite stick with me, but the main guitar riff to the song is so awesome that I can't help but like the song as a whole.
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2006, 05:32:44 am »

Well, I agree with you on Insidious. The first time I heard Elite, I freaked out, I shut it off, made sure my CD wasn't going to skip. I ripped it, played it again, and heard that same thing. After listening to the song 100 or so times (I'm not exagerrating.) I've grown to like the opening. I still believe it's not the best way to start an album, especially after Insidious, on DXM. But it's Machinae's choice, and I still fucking love that song. Elite, despite it's annoying opening is one of my favourite Machinae tracks. Some part of me still thinks the "did you doubt us for what came before?" part of Elite is refering to the first 10 seconds XD.
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2006, 06:06:54 am »
Well, I agree with you on Insidious. The first time I heard Elite, I freaked out, I shut it off, made sure my CD wasn't going to skip. I ripped it, played it again, and heard that same thing. After listening to the song 100 or so times (I'm not exagerrating.) I've grown to like the opening. I still believe it's not the best way to start an album, especially after Insidious, on DXM. But it's Machinae's choice, and I still fucking love that song. Elite, despite it's annoying opening is one of my favourite Machinae tracks. Some part of me still thinks the "did you doubt us for what came before?" part of Elite is refering to the first 10 seconds XD.

You know, I could probably edit out that intro part and make it start from the awesome riff that comes right after it.  Personally, I think the track would've started out awesome with four cymbal crashes or a bit of a drum solo.  That would've been awesome.
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce