Author Topic: Mine Own Redeemer just arrivied thread.  (Read 13777 times)

Offline Palicgofueniczekt

• I wanna be Mama bear.
Mine Own Redeemer just arrivied thread.
« on: April 26, 2006, 02:13:12 am »
After a few bouts of misscommunication and software problems, my copy has finally arrived.

However, based on other's reactions, I do not know if I should even listen to it.  Something as awesome as this(based on the opinions of others) should be respected and feared, by not listening to it as often as possible(or at all, even).

Well, it is encoded and safely returned to its case.  Now I am off to not listen to it, while basking in its presence.

***Edit:  Just listened to it once through...  Meh.  Was not impressed, could take a few listenings to kick in though.  Compressed it to Ogg Vorbis at 224kbps, sounded kind of dirty. Started listening on my normal PC speakers which seemed fine for other things, switched to headphones, helped a bit(I think).  Some parts feel over/under mixed.  I might also be in unapparent emotional state.  Oh well, hope it gets better with age.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 07:00:32 am by Palicgofueniczekt »

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
Re: Mine Own Redeemer just arrivied thread.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 07:35:59 am »
Mine Own Redeemer just arrived thread.

*thread v. 16.8

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

chompy

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 10:20:10 am »
woooo I just got mine in the mail too with a tshirt in it... yet to try it on as been too busy listening to the CD.

As with all of the stuff I've heard from Machiane Supremacy, I have to say I never like any of their stuff on the first listen. Especially with the DXM cd, that took at while to get to the stage where I can listen to it and think this music is really really good.

On my first listen a few I've found a few tracks that really stand out (oki kumas adventure) and a few tracks that are not (fury). I cannot understand how the bootleg version of fury sounds alot more 'fun', faster, and alot more difficult to understand what they are sayin which could be half of it.

Going for a second listen after I pick and choose tracks now. :P good stuff on Oki Kumas
Was not impressed, could take a few listenings to kick in though.

Offline Xander

• I wanna play until I die
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 07:39:38 pm »
Got mine with my T-Shirt just under a week ago. Redeemer is teh shit. And Machinae do indeed pwn it =)

It took about one listen to fall in love with it. I was a bit put off the heavier stuff (like Elite) to start with but it's all grown on my like a bad rash which lives in my ear and feels awesome. I nearly cried at the bus stop because I Know The Reaper is so Freaking AWESOME.
tomorrow I will be here
and I won't be the only easter egg

tomas

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 12:48:01 pm »
I cannot understand how the bootleg version of fury sounds alot more 'fun', faster, and alot more difficult to understand what they are sayin which could be half of it.
Was not impressed, could take a few listenings to kick in though.

when we play live, we always "plays" more w the songs, and always faster  ;) depend how drunk we are... ;).....

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 06:33:27 pm »
I find it so weird that so many people weren't impressed on the first listen.

my eyes rolled back and I got the most intense chills during Seventeen.  All the other songs gave me chills, but didn't make my eyes roll back quite as much  ;D

chompy

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 09:07:49 am »
I've just had a few more listens and the whole CD is growing on me like something out of style. (hey that guy bought was buying them like they were going out of style - meaning he bought alot). I really like the end tracks starting from the middle of the cd.. more specifically track 5. The whole CD feels like it has had a much better production then the DMX, no awkard bits, no screams out of nowhere.

and always faster  ;) depend how drunk we are... ;).....
Awesome.

Offline Kobi

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 11:56:52 am »
I find it so weird that so many people weren't impressed on the first listen.

my eyes rolled back and I got the most intense chills during Seventeen.  All the other songs gave me chills, but didn't make my eyes roll back quite as much  ;D

Not all songs were perfectly apealing the first time I listen to it but as time progressed I've found myself not listening to my fav (I know the Reaeper) and instead beeing confused about wich I wanna listen to ^^

Offline Spunky

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 12:18:06 pm »
People won't remember, since they have no reason to, but i said i wasn't impressed with DXM when i listen to it first time around. But that really goes for all the Machinae songs i've listened to.

But thats what i like about Machinae, they are songs i have to understand to enjoy, repeated listening, hearing certain sounds that make me think "Wow thats cool!" and such.

First time i heard Redeemer, i wasn't impressed. There were one or two songs that stuck in my head. So i went back and played it again. Three plays round there was three definate songs that stood out. Since i'd hear Fury, Rise and Looking Glass before, i just kinda glanced over them.

Hate, I know the Reaper and Seventeen. I started to remember their names, then specifically look for them on my iPoD then suddenly i was listening to Hate on repeat at work.

In summary, it took 3 full runs for me to "get to know it" and now i love it :)

I prefer Redeemer to DXM because its more "my kinda music".

I do prefer the live version of Fury to the album version for reasons stated by someone else, its faster paced and heavy, just how i like it. The music that grabs you, throws you on the floor, gives you a good kick in then sits you back down again :)

Thanks for the album Machinae :)
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 09:29:38 pm »
stand out (oki kumas adventure)

Still my favourite song on the album.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 01:54:35 am »
my fav has to be Rogue World Asylum.

do we need an updated fav redeemer song thread? now it's had a chance to sink in...

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 04:10:52 pm »
Another song survivor thread could work as well...

chompy

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 01:11:35 am »
umm... yes it could but I dont have the enough effort in organising it all and keeping it nice and clean like last time. So if someone else wants to make one by all means...

Is it just me or when I play the redeemer in my car I tend to drive that little bit faster and more aggressivley. I've stopped listening to redeemer on the drive home.

Laser Turret

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 03:02:00 am »
Another song survivor thread could work as well...

I agree. But should we wait just a luittle longer for the new song survivor thread?

Zelig

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 05:01:29 am »
do we need an updated fav redeemer song thread? now it's had a chance to sink in...

No, not yet, I still haven't received Redeemer and my hoodie, even having ordered within a day of the shop opening.