Author Topic: Pressure  (Read 8682 times)

Offline Spunky

Re: Pressure
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2006, 11:28:10 am »
Your all a bunch of girls. Deal with it!
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

MDX

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2006, 12:29:54 pm »
Your all a bunch of girls. Deal with it!

I am no girl, ill have you know. but sometimes, for a day.. i wish i was mischa barton. Just to.. yeaanyway.

The website is sweet enough lol, even if you didn't make it. ROCK ON SPUNKY ROCK THE FUNK ON! AWW YEAAA!

Offline Spunky

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2006, 12:36:13 pm »
rofl.

I just had a meeting with my main client who i haven't seen for 6 weeks. The ground stablisation work that my program will be running is gona be done on Friday's, saturdays and sundays between 2am and 5am when the reservoir of the hydroelectric plant is at its lowest point.

The work basically is this. Drill a hole in the floor. Shove a tube in and pump concrete in. "fill" the gound up so its as solid as a rock.

My program manages the site, all the drilled holes, the plant that pumps the concrete etc.

T-minus 1 month and i'm 70% through the coding... let alone any kind of testing.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2006, 12:49:16 am »
k peopel are missing the point here. i don't make websites  8) I'm a programmer. i'm making a program for the company called Skanska and i linked their webpage cause i knew people would ask "Who is Skanska" :)

I make websites, and, uhhh... I'm crap...

I've still yet to find out whether this program is yours, or whether you're part of the team making it. If you're on your own, that's impresive :P Pressure is well and truely on, I'd say... Just remember to sweetly ask VB not to screw up on you before you start :P

Offline Spunky

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2006, 02:05:54 am »
k peopel are missing the point here. i don't make websites  8) I'm a programmer. i'm making a program for the company called Skanska and i linked their webpage cause i knew people would ask "Who is Skanska" :)

I make websites, and, uhhh... I'm crap...

I've still yet to find out whether this program is yours, or whether you're part of the team making it. If you're on your own, that's impresive :P Pressure is well and truely on, I'd say... Just remember to sweetly ask VB not to screw up on you before you start :P

On my own... with a main client who is too busy and a boss who spends too much time at home/at HQ >_<

I've stopped signing onto msn messanger at work to do more work... ARGH!

Offline Spunky

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2006, 05:13:27 pm »
My flow diagrams and data sheets just got published into the final doctument and the special just arrived to delivery it to the client...

I bet you a fiver i typo'd SOMEWHERE on it...

Feel abit, whooooooooooa.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2006, 05:44:32 pm »
My flow diagrams and data sheets just got published into the final doctument and the special just arrived to delivery it to the client...

I bet you a fiver i typo'd SOMEWHERE on it...

Found one!

Sorry, cheap shot. :(

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2006, 08:38:22 pm »
What a thread. The full dose of human emotions and the exciting world of work in just one thread.

Now that my studies (I still don't know the word for the stuff you do at a university, someone please tell me) are finished, I've just started my first "real" job. Not so different from the internships I did so far, but the payment is better. It's in quality management / software testing for a large automotive manufacturer. Aside from writing test documents, it seems like I'll get payed for trying to break software. Wuhaha.

The Fiindil quote somewhere on page two was a fake, right?

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2006, 10:01:45 pm »
No, I think he did say that, at somepoint, somewhere.